Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-01-2012, 02:08 PM   #1
boekesec
Registered Users
Formerly E***n
seller

Question for mamas who have been GBS+

If you weren't able to get the full dose of antibiotics before the baby was born (due to short labor or whatever) did the pediatrician make your baby stay longer in the hospital? As long as my labor/delivery are normal with no major complications, my MW said I can be discharged from the hossy after 24 hours. Found out last week I am GBS+ and she told me that some pediatricians will make the baby stay for the full 48hrs if you didn't get the antibiotics in time. I really have no idea how long my labor will be, but was wondering if any of you had experiences where your baby had to stay longer or whether it was no big deal?

Advertisement

Old 10-01-2012, 04:51 PM   #2
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

Re: Question for mamas who have been GBS+

Well, I was GBS+ last time (and just found out I am again, not unexpected) but I had no problem getting my antibiotics in time and I stay the whole 48 hrs anyway. It's like a little vacation for me! Room service, laying around, watching tv, nursing, more room service, etc etc.
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:02 PM   #3
boekesec
Registered Users
Formerly E***n
seller

Re: Question for mamas who have been GBS+

LOL yes I do like the room service and laying around Who knows, maybe I will really enjoy staying longer if I have to, but last time I was induced and had gone in the evening before dd was born and was made to stay the full 48 hours after because of blood pressure issues. So by the time we got to go home it had been like 3 days in the hospital and I was just dying to get out of there! That's the main reason I want to leave at 24 hours this time!