Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-07-2012, 11:25 PM   #11
neuro_mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: EBF 3.5 month old switching to FF which formula?

Don't have any formula advice but just wanted to send some prayers your way!

Advertisement

Old 10-15-2012, 05:21 PM   #12
hcokasil
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm going to be in a similar boat with this baby (due in March). My first three were ebf, but I had a double mastectomy last summer so BFing is out for this one, I feel so lost with formula and bottles! Then I feel silly because it's my fourth kid, I think I should have things figured out, but this will be such a new experience for us!

sorry, i'm really bad at autocorrect and I don't like proof reading!
Old 10-16-2012, 07:32 AM   #13
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcokasil View Post
I'm going to be in a similar boat with this baby (due in March). My first three were ebf, but I had a double mastectomy last summer so BFing is out for this one, I feel so lost with formula and bottles! Then I feel silly because it's my fourth kid, I think I should have things figured out, but this will be such a new experience for us!

Why not research making your own formula with raw milk? There are some good recipes on the WAPF website.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:43 AM   #14
Ambystoma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcokasil

I ebf my first and then couldn't with my second as well. I had no idea what I was doing! The fearless formula feeder has a good quick guide to safely preparing formula by age, etc.

As far as types of bottles and formula-all babies are different. I would get a few different styles of bottles and see which one the baby takes to the best. Our little guy ended up liking the cheap evenflo and gerber bottles and I had wasted a lot of money on the dr brown's system so ugh.

Same with formula. We started off with ready to feed until the baby was a bit bigger. It's more expensive but mistake-proof and sterile. We tried a couple of types (preemie brands due to our situation) but he ended up doing best on the gerber good start. Personally, I would never make my own formula, especially not from raw milk for a newborn.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:42 PM   #15
thtr4me
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Please find HM4HB (Human Milk for Human Babies) and MilkShare. Although you may still need formula, there are so many generous mamas on those groups who have milk and are willing to share with those in need like you. I just stopped pumping at work, otherwise I would send you milk.

Best wishes for a successful treatment and full recovery. I am so sorry you have to deal with this, especially with a new baby to care for as well. Great big hugs !

ETA: I have been a milk donor mama now with both boys and gladly gave my milk to those who needed it.

Last edited by thtr4me; 10-17-2012 at 02:44 PM.
thtr4me is offline   Reply With Quote