Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-05-2012, 02:09 PM   #1
indigo152
Registered Users
seller

Herbal supplement for PMS?

Does anyone take, or know of an herbal supplement that can help reduce symptoms of PMS and hormonal anxiety? My body and emotions seem to go crazy on me during my monthly visit from AF. I know that is common for many women and moms, and hoped someone might have a natural solution that has helped them?
Thanks!!

Advertisement

Old 09-05-2012, 03:34 PM   #2
vjbakke
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Herbal supplement for PMS?

My natural solution is not a supplement but a diet change. We no longer eat sugar ( of any type i.e honey etc) and no grains. Not only have I lost over 20 lbs so far my cycles are regulating and normalizing again. Pms symptoms are very little any more. Probably not the answer you wanted just want to put it out there.
vjbakke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:50 PM   #3
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have heard good things about Evecare from Himalaya. Our neighbor is from New Delhi and her whole family speaks very highly of that company. They have a holistic type doctor there that specializes in these herbal products called Ayurvedic.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:22 PM   #4
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: michellemomx3
seller

My Mood:

The first thing that comes to mind is evening primrose oil.
GEM Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 06:57 PM   #5
indigo152
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEM Cloth
The first thing that comes to mind is evening primrose oil.
I actually have some evening primrose softgels here. My midwife had recommended it at the end of my pregnancy, and I was wondering how to use the rest of the bottle. Will definitely give it a try!

As for my sugar intake, I know that I could use a reduction. My weight isn't a problem, but I do like sugar in my cup or two of coffee a day....and I know caffeine should be eliminated, too. Not sure if I can do that yet, tho!
Old 09-14-2012, 07:32 AM   #6
CMamma
Registered Users
seller

Evening Primrose, Black Cohosh, St John's Wart... Chasteberry I think is good too.

I totally second the sugar thing/dietary change. I recently (few months ago) cut out all sugars (except a small a mount of fruits) & no longer consume grains (do use some grainlike seeds though). While I no longer have an AF, it has completely chnaged my mood, outlook on life... I never get mad/frustrated like before, depression has basically vanished, bloating gone... It's been a fantastic change & I'll never go back.

I have heard that Jade & Pearl has a good product called "From the Heart" that works well but I can't testify since I've never used it. I have an unopened bottle hear that I was gifted.
Old 09-15-2012, 11:58 AM   #7
Funky Birdie Boutique
Registered Users
Formerly: chefwendybird
seller

My Mood:

I don't do herbal supp's for mine cuz I've heard lots of interactions and side effects with the popular ones (St Johns, black cohosh, EPO) and some are worse than the original prob. (Also my sister had WICKED bad anxiety/aggression from EPO so ick!) I do gemstone therapy for PMS and that anxiety/short temper funk associated. Works wonders for me!! Moonstone, malachite, smoky quartz, coral (mine's pink, seems good for girlie issues right?) Kinda another fun natural option to explore

Baltic amber teething & healing jewelry
Come join us:
20% OFF FOR DS MAMAS ONLY, LIMITED TIME SPECIAL!!!!
Funky Birdie Boutique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:52 PM   #8
indigo152
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Birdie Boutique
I don't do herbal supp's for mine cuz I've heard lots of interactions and side effects with the popular ones (St Johns, black cohosh, EPO) and some are worse than the original prob. (Also my sister had WICKED bad anxiety/aggression from EPO so ick!) I do gemstone therapy for PMS and that anxiety/short temper funk associated. Works wonders for me!! Moonstone, malachite, smoky quartz, coral (mine's pink, seems good for girlie issues right?) Kinda another fun natural option to explore
What is EPO??
Also, what is gemstone therapy?
Old 09-16-2012, 07:56 PM   #9
CMamma
Registered Users
seller

EPO = Evening Primrose Oil, as far as I know.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:43 AM   #10
Funky Birdie Boutique
Registered Users
Formerly: chefwendybird
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMamma View Post
EPO = Evening Primrose Oil, as far as I know.
^yep!

Gemstone therapy, I wear amber and gemstones with healing properties that are known to heal and help with the specific ailments I deal with. it has been my favorite, most effective non-medicationally based option I have used with amazing success, I literally reduced my girls' Tylenol/teething tab etc consumption so much that though I have a bottle, we so rarely use it for teething any more. Its more here for fevers and such. My eczema, sciatic pain, carpal tunnel, and "girlie" issues are so greatly reduced as to be non existent in some cases when I wear my amber and gemstones!! I love em!

Baltic amber teething & healing jewelry
Come join us:
20% OFF FOR DS MAMAS ONLY, LIMITED TIME SPECIAL!!!!
Funky Birdie Boutique is offline   Reply With Quote