Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-12-2012, 03:46 PM   #31
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.
Re: Can we talk diapers again.....puleasssee,I need help

woohoo I sold the other half of my fuzzibunz.

I have some other odds and ends listed I would love to get out before baby comes a few hemp fitteds, some wool covers hoping those move

Advertisement

Old 10-12-2012, 06:18 PM   #32
Talia01
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Rock on! I got inspired by your thread and sold 20 Nb & small diapers this week on a local Facebook group. Used the $ to fund 4 BGE to replace our tattered 2.5year old ones and a new travel wetbag as the zipper broke on my current one (also 2.5 years old haha! It had seen better days)
It felt awesome to clear out those diapers going unworn and buy a few carefully thought out items
Old 10-14-2012, 03:54 PM   #33
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Here is mine updated, I still really am not happy with it and really not sure what to do about inserts....

Pockets
Mediums: 10

Notes: Waiting for the new ones to come some are fleece and some I am not too hot about the prints anymore, so I plan to get rid of at least 6 then I have a total of 40 pockets for 2 kids 10 mediums and 30 OS, plus I have our fitteds and prefolds if I find the smaller baby is using a huge amount per day.

Covers and prefolds
Covers:
5 os
1 medium (its cute geny has skulls I really like it want it to stay)
1 duo size 2 (again owls I want him to stay)

I have found a flip and orange thirsties, also discovered that I have 2 more covers on order. Thinking I will sell one of the weegrow that is on the way and the flip, as well as the skull geny, silly to have one size cover it screws up my chi

Prefolds:
One dozen I kept the tye die I love. Happy here.

Related: I use fitteds at night. I am happy with the numbers 6 os, 2 size 2, and 6 daytime only worthy for rash times for 2 kids, but I need to consider covers for those. So 8 night time for 2 kids and 6 day time for ds with skin issues. Keeping all these.

I expanded the newborns a bit:
18 alva newborn pockets
13 fitteds
12 preemie prefolds
9 newborn
12 infant
4 xs, 2 sm and 2 duo 1 covers.

I plan to sell all the newborn diapers as he outgrows them since we dont know if we will have more and if we do it will be 5 years so sell and worse case shop again :P

Inserts are still a hot mess I do not know what to do. I am scared if I sell one for another it wont wprk for DS and getting inserts here is not easy I pay international shipping but I also do not need 100 freaking inserts. What do I do....

For ds I have 23 flip organics I sue as pocket inserts,bullet proof and suprisingly not bulky. These stay for sure.

I also have:
20 popolini terry inserts
22 bamboo (these do not work well for us but I was thinking as doublers if the other inserts are not enought but if that is bulky on my 2 year old it would be huge on a newbie, maybe these should be first to go?)
20 charcaol bamboo on the way
and 30 blends on the way
oh and one lone microfiber from an alva, I sold off the rest. (think this lone ranger cna go)

anyone have experience charcoal vs blends, maybe sell 10 blends and keep 20 of the terry, blend, and charcoal till i know what I like with newbie? Are charcoal ones difficult if so I would just sell those right off.

I should not I have about 12 hemp doublers for nap and bed time, so really since flip organics work fine for ds I could easily sell the bamboo. I think....
Old 10-14-2012, 05:34 PM   #34
moms5angels
Registered Users
Formerly: moms4angels

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenajean1 View Post
Here is mine updated, I still really am not happy with it and really not sure what to do about inserts....

Pockets
Mediums: 10

Notes: Waiting for the new ones to come some are fleece and some I am not too hot about the prints anymore, so I plan to get rid of at least 6 then I have a total of 40 pockets for 2 kids 10 mediums and 30 OS, plus I have our fitteds and prefolds if I find the smaller baby is using a huge amount per day.

Covers and prefolds
Covers:
5 os
1 medium (its cute geny has skulls I really like it want it to stay)
1 duo size 2 (again owls I want him to stay)

I have found a flip and orange thirsties, also discovered that I have 2 more covers on order. Thinking I will sell one of the weegrow that is on the way and the flip, as well as the skull geny, silly to have one size cover it screws up my chi

Prefolds:
One dozen I kept the tye die I love. Happy here.

Related: I use fitteds at night. I am happy with the numbers 6 os, 2 size 2, and 6 daytime only worthy for rash times for 2 kids, but I need to consider covers for those. So 8 night time for 2 kids and 6 day time for ds with skin issues. Keeping all these.

I expanded the newborns a bit:
18 alva newborn pockets
13 fitteds
12 preemie prefolds
9 newborn
12 infant
4 xs, 2 sm and 2 duo 1 covers.

I plan to sell all the newborn diapers as he outgrows them since we dont know if we will have more and if we do it will be 5 years so sell and worse case shop again :P

Inserts are still a hot mess I do not know what to do. I am scared if I sell one for another it wont wprk for DS and getting inserts here is not easy I pay international shipping but I also do not need 100 freaking inserts. What do I do....

For ds I have 23 flip organics I sue as pocket inserts,bullet proof and suprisingly not bulky. These stay for sure.

I also have:
20 popolini terry inserts
22 bamboo (these do not work well for us but I was thinking as doublers if the other inserts are not enought but if that is bulky on my 2 year old it would be huge on a newbie, maybe these should be first to go?)
20 charcaol bamboo on the way
and 30 blends on the way
oh and one lone microfiber from an alva, I sold off the rest. (think this lone ranger cna go)

anyone have experience charcoal vs blends, maybe sell 10 blends and keep 20 of the terry, blend, and charcoal till i know what I like with newbie? Are charcoal ones difficult if so I would just sell those right off.

I should not I have about 12 hemp doublers for nap and bed time, so really since flip organics work fine for ds I could easily sell the bamboo. I think....
if u dont like the bambo i woulds sell them since the other ones do for u.
for the extra inserts. have u tried figuring out how many/what type u use per diaper. then just keep one extra per diaper. dont forget about night time ones too. (add the baby into this too for when he is older u dont have to worrie about inserts for it) that way u wont have to worrie about being low on inserts & will have enough for a doubler.?.

i have 2 in cloth full time & one only @ night. this is how i did it
for the younger 2 i have 24 diapers (i have a really small embrassing stash. )

i use microfiber,hemp, & flip trainers inserts.
for my 2 yr old
12 diapers. i do 2 microfibers per diaper so: 24 microfiber inserts for day.
night time 1 hemp,1 micro fiber, & 1 flip insert (3days worth ) = 3hemp, 3microfiber, & 3 flips.
so all together for him i have 27 microfiber inserts, 3 hemp, & 3 flip inserts.

for my 10 mo old.
12 diapers. i use 1hemp & i microfiber per diaper so: 12hemp & 12 microfiber.
for night time i use 1hemp,1microfiber, & 1 flip insert (i hate it this thick but its all we have & its thinner then another microfiber insert) so: 3 hemp, 3micro fiber, & 3 flip inserts.
all together 15hemp, 15microfiber, & 3 flip.

my 3yr old wears the flip trainers @ night (the reason we have the flip trainers inserts )
for his night time diapers he uses:1hemp, 2microfiber & 1, flip insert. so for 3days worth is= 3hemp, 6microfiber, 3flip inserts

for all 3 my kids that is : (if i added it right. )
48microfiber, 18hemp, & 9 flip inserts. in my stash raight now.

i hope this makes sence.

Last edited by moms5angels; 10-14-2012 at 05:38 PM.
moms5angels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:40 PM   #35
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Makes total sense I am worried since the littlest one is not here yet I am not sure what his needs will be. I have DS1 set he has flip organics and hemp doublers for naps and night time.

When he was smaller I did 2 microfiber inserts but then I had the brilliant idea to sell those all off. Now I cannot find anything that is not huge when I double it... I am not sure what to keep and what to get rid of. I am international so I cannot just do another coop so I tend to overhoard because I do not want to bite myself later.
Old 10-14-2012, 05:51 PM   #36
moms5angels
Registered Users

My Mood:

i hear what your saying. it sounds like your happy w/ your oldest stash your just worried about the babies. understandable since its not here yet. hmmmmm... if u were to sell the ones u dont like would u have enough inserts to work w/ & save the extra ones for the new baby coming. like, put what u "think" u will use in your stash & put the rest up? then adjust it as u need to. would that work?

Last edited by moms5angels; 10-14-2012 at 05:54 PM.
moms5angels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:12 PM   #37
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Ok still fine tuning but I am getting there here is where I am now:

Keep in mind, I have a european washer I have to wash max every 2 days to fit everything, that may be pushing it I may be washing every second afternoon. To be honest I think with how often a newbie goes potty I will have a full load every 36 hours or so. I air dry covers, but can use the dryer for inserts if needed. Just need to allow half a day overlap for drying covers/pockets.

Newborn and small:
8 thirsties xs fab fitteds
5 thirsties duo size 1 fitteds
17 alva newborn 2 step rise pockets with microfiber inserts
2 size xs thirsties covers
2 size sm thirsties covers
2 duo covers

DS1 almost 2:
12 size medium fuzzibunz with flip organic inserts
11 flip organics for trifolding in covers
3 overnight fitteds
6 covers
3 hemp doublers size L for naps

DS2 once he fits OS size:
21 OS fitteds plus 13 on the way plan to keep 9 makes 30 pockets.
Inserts: I have 10 thin bamboo if needed as boosters, 10 terry, plan to keep 20bamboo/mf blends.
3 overnight fitteds
2 overnight covers
3 hemp doublers size M for naps

Misc for both boys:
3 swaddlebees bamboo boosters
1 hanging wet bag
1 pail liner
2 travel wet bags
I have a few swim diapers not counted I dont have more then 4-5 total across the various sizes

Trainers not too worried about I only have a handful may add later ;P

Last edited by 2+2macht4; 10-22-2012 at 05:41 PM.
2+2macht4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:24 PM   #38
moms5angels
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenajean1 View Post
Ok still fine tuning but I am getting there here is where I am now:

Keep in mind, I have a european washer I have to wash max every 2 days to fit everything, that may be pushing it I may be washing every second afternoon. To be honest I think with how often a newbie goes potty I will have a full load every 36 hours or so. I air dry covers, but can use the dryer for inserts if needed. Just need to allow half a day overlap for drying covers/pockets.

Newborn and small:
8 thirsties xs fab fitteds
5 thirsties duo size 1 fitteds
17 alva newborn 2 step rise pockets with microfiber inserts
2 size xs thirsties covers
2 size sm thirsties covers
2 duo covers

DS1 almost 2:
12 size medium fuzzibunz with flip organic inserts
11 flip organics for trifolding in covers
3 overnight fitteds
6 covers
3 hemp doublers size L for naps

DS2 once he fits OS size:
21 OS fitteds plus 13 on the way plan to keep 9 makes 30 pockets.
Inserts: I have 10 thin bamboo if needed as boosters, 10 terry, plan to keep 20bamboo/mf blends.
3 overnight fitteds
2 overnight covers
3 hemp doublers size M for naps

Misc for both boys:
3 swaddlebees bamboo boosters
1 hanging wet bag
1 pail liner
2 travel wet bags
I have a few swim diapers not counted I dont have more then 4-5 total across the various sizes

Trainers not too worried about I only have a handful may add later ;P
looks good to me
Old 12-23-2012, 10:57 AM   #39
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: Can we talk diapers again.....puleasssee,I need help *progress report post 37*

Purged again and the end result for a 2 year old and 2 month old:
15 One size pockets with 30 alva blends (I double up)
10 medium fuzzi bunz with flip organic inserts
13 extra flip organic inserts for use with covers
8 fitteds (4 onesize, 4 size 2)
6 covers (5OS one thirsties size 2)

For accessories I have:
10 bamboo inserts as needed
3 hemp inserts each in small, medium, large for nights
2 travel wet bags
2 hanging wetbags
and my wipes I have a bunch since we use them all the time and I have a soap foamer for wipe solution
and disposable liners because they dont have sprayers in germany