Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-28-2012, 10:37 PM   #11
Cute Little Bugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Favorite Knit Longies Pattern?

Eviepants here as well. The trickiest part for me when I first started was figuring out how to close up the short row while purling (you have to do this in the zig-zag section). Other than that she really spells everything out.

Advertisement

Get 5% off with code DSFIVE
Cute Little Bugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:00 AM   #12
Fairyblue
Registered Users
Formely: aidan_madisons_mom
seller

My Mood:

I tested out Marilyn's Eviepants pattern it was very similar to what I was doing before. I tested out the cable part since I had never done it. Easy peasy.

I recently fell in love with Lynne's pattern Tweedle Pants from Cabbages and Kings.. her gusset is different and minimizes pooling you get when you increase for the gusset plus it has a footie option

Lynne's Tweedle pants

Marilyn's Evie Pants

Fairyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:24 PM   #13
dk15
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

They are gorgeous!!
dk15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:08 PM   #14
Only
Registered Users
Formerly: hu**rees
seller
seller

I've been using the Sheepy Pants pattern and wanted to see what else was out there, glad someone asked!

Austen 06/12
Only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:47 PM   #15
Skybaby712
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cute Little Bugs
Eviepants here as well. The trickiest part for me when I first started was figuring out how to close up the short row while purling (you have to do this in the zig-zag section). Other than that she really spells everything out.
This is where I'm at and am stuck! Sorry a little OT. I'm still working on the zig zag part too though. Other than this, it is really simple.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:39 PM   #16
Cute Little Bugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybaby712 View Post
This is where I'm at and am stuck! Sorry a little OT. I'm still working on the zig zag part too though. Other than this, it is really simple.
I am going to try to help even though I don't currently have a short row in front of me. So we are talking about closing the 2nd hole in the first zig-zag short row, while purling back 10 stitches from center for the 2nd part of the zig zag.

When you get to the last stitch before the break, slip it purlwise. Slip the next stitch knitwise and put it back on your left needle (you reversed it's mount). Now with your left needle, pick up the stitch underneath the stitch on your right needle through the right side of the loop facing you. Slip the stitch from your right needle to your left and purl it. Now purl the next 2 stitches together through the back of the loops (this can be awkward). Now purl on as normal.

I hope I am thinking this through correctly, someone chime in if I've messed up!
Get 5% off with code DSFIVE
Cute Little Bugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:45 PM   #17
Skybaby712
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cute Little Bugs

I am going to try to help even though I don't currently have a short row in front of me. So we are talking about closing the 2nd hole in the first zig-zag short row, while purling back 10 stitches from center for the 2nd part of the zig zag.

When you get to the last stitch before the break, slip it purlwise. Slip the next stitch knitwise and put it back on your left needle (you reversed it's mount). Now with your left needle, pick up the stitch underneath the stitch on your right needle through the right side of the loop facing you. Slip the stitch from your right needle to your left and purl it. Now purl the next 2 stitches together through the back of the loops (this can be awkward). Now purl on as normal.

I hope I am thinking this through correctly, someone chime in if I've messed up!
Thank you so much!!!! I didn't quite get it right just now, but at least I understand a lot better what I am supposed to do. It may be because it's late and I'm tired, yet I'm forcing myself to stay up and knit
Old 10-01-2012, 12:00 PM   #18
littleleaf
Registered Users
Formerly: jcha***h
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairyblue View Post
I tested out Marilyn's Eviepants pattern it was very similar to what I was doing before. I tested out the cable part since I had never done it. Easy peasy.

I recently fell in love with Lynne's pattern Tweedle Pants from Cabbages and Kings.. her gusset is different and minimizes pooling you get when you increase for the gusset plus it has a footie option
Ooh, I like the idea of minimizing pooling. Do you also find that the waist is narrower on the tweedle pants? I love the Eviepants pattern for all the instructions and options, but never liked the fit around the waist....my kid had a big belly and narrow waist.
SPOTS - new Thirsties and more ISO Jujube, Carters, Gymboree, Zutano girl clothes 18 months
littleleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:16 PM   #19
Katie7617
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I started out using the Sheepy Pants pattern and really liked it. I've knit close to 200 pair of longies/shorties, so at this point I really do my own thing :teehee:

I will have to take a look at the Tweedle Pants, less pooling is always a good thing

Katie7617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:20 PM   #20
msmamabear
Registered Users
seller

I am partial to my own pattern. I like that I can make any size with any yarn and get a great fitting piece every single time. Plus, its only $5 with free licensing. The skirted version also has free licensing and is sized for those that would prefer that.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/dakine-longies

msmamabear is offline   Reply With Quote