Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-16-2012, 04:32 AM   #1
liveelou
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
False negative? Need experience/advice please!

Anyone have experience with false negatives? I'm expecting AF today, but I've had no signs whatsoever and usually it happens first thing in the morning. I took a hpt yesterday and got a BFN. I didn't have any cheap tests left so I took an OPK this morning and still nothing. I've had super sensitive smelling and I was really emotional and irritable yesterday (could be PMS I guess). What do you guys think? I happen to be going to the dr today for a physical so I'm going to see if they will do a blood test. Any comments/advice are appreciated!

Advertisement

liveelou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:28 AM   #2
liveelou
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Anybody??? I went and got the blood test done but they said they won't have results for 2 days!! Ugggh! Haha
Old 10-16-2012, 11:58 AM   #3
geetabean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: False negative? Need experience/advice please!

I would say at first blush that you are just PMSing and AF is gonna rear her ugly head any minute now, especially with the bfn yesterday. BUT, weirder things have happened. A mama last month got AF, heavy bleeding, clots and everything and a couple days later discovered that she was actually PG. Our bodies are mysterious. Sorry I'm not much help.....just wanted to let ya know that I read your post and was thinking about you!
Old 10-16-2012, 12:05 PM   #4
liveelou
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Thanks! Glad to know someone is there! Haha yeah i think I'm in denial, but I'm sure AF is coming any minute now :/ it's just weird that I haven't had any cramping or anything yet, but only time will tell.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:21 PM   #5
812ajack
Registered Users
seller
seller

It could be your timing of O may just be later then usual as well and that's why you haven't had a BFP yet. It's never over til AF shows up. I tested a week past AF this past month and a very definate BFN, had no symtoms, then 2 weeks later had a little heartburn (which I never get unless I'm PG) and so woke up took a test and the test line was super dark and showed before even the control line did. So it happens, Good luck
Old 10-16-2012, 12:25 PM   #6
liveelou
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Thank you! That gives me some hope!
Old 10-16-2012, 12:25 PM   #7
liveelou
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
And congrats!!!!
Old 10-16-2012, 12:36 PM   #8
liveelou
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 812ajack
It could be your timing of O may just be later then usual as well and that's why you haven't had a BFP yet. It's never over til AF shows up. I tested a week past AF this past month and a very definate BFN, had no symtoms, then 2 weeks later had a little heartburn (which I never get unless I'm PG) and so woke up took a test and the test line was super dark and showed before even the control line did. So it happens, Good luck
So I just thought of another question.. If AF doesn't show today, should I take another test tomorrow?
Old 10-16-2012, 12:49 PM   #9
812ajack
Registered Users
seller
seller

I wait a couple days ( if you can) since you are getting a blood test though that will tell you for sure if you are. So either way you shoud know in the next couple days I would think. TBH I don't know how long after the BFN I got that it would have went + cause apparantly I missed that. I have to have an ultrasound to find out how far along I even am. According to my LMP date I'd be about 8 weeks, but I'm gueesing its more like 6-7 wks
Old 10-16-2012, 01:02 PM   #10
geetabean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 812ajack View Post
I wait a couple days ( if you can) since you are getting a blood test though that will tell you for sure if you are. So either way you shoud know in the next couple days I would think. TBH I don't know how long after the BFN I got that it would have went + cause apparantly I missed that. I have to have an ultrasound to find out how far along I even am. According to my LMP date I'd be about 8 weeks, but I'm gueesing its more like 6-7 wks
I still find that all so amazing! Very happy for you.