Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-15-2012, 12:02 PM   #41
Sarawithouth
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by techanne

I know that feeling! My DD was in the hospital at almost 9 months with a high fever. All she wanted to do for two days straight was cuddle. As awful as it was that she wasn't feeling well, the snuggles were wonderful!

I just discovered yesterday that I can button and zip every pair of jeans in my house. I wouldn't wear them all out... but they button! I got a little excited about it. Hopefully that means I will succeed in getting pregnant It seems only logical that once I get excited about fitting back into clothes I would get pregnant right?
Well that's what I was hoping for, but I ended up losing another 10 lbs from breastfeeding and dropping two pant sizes. Bought new clothes and still no bean!!

Any thoughts on increasing LP?

Advertisement

Sunny due in October!

We're a breastfeedin', babywearin', vax delayin', un-circumcisin', cloth diaperin', bedsharin', home birthin', atheist family from Texas!
Sarawithouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:09 PM   #42
c&w's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Smile Re: No pregnancy while bf'ing.

love that this thread is continuing

must be something going around... I went from thinking I was not O-ing to a positive opk this weekend!

my little man is older and he's so big, he's just not a baby... he'll be a great big brother but I know I'm not ready to wean. I'm trying not to put tooo much hope into ttc now, but we all know that's not possible when you have your mind made up! I'm hoping we can do both!! I didn't last time so I don't want to be too disappointed...

very thankful to the mamas who shared their stories
c&w's mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:13 PM   #43
c&w's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: No pregnancy while bf'ing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarawithouth View Post
Well that's what I was hoping for, but I ended up losing another 10 lbs from breastfeeding and dropping two pant sizes. Bought new clothes and still no bean!!

Any thoughts on increasing LP?

ha! I'm trying the new pants trick right now! if you buy enough pairs, they're bound to not fit-- I know, doesn't work that way

I'm waiting to see if my LP is short also... looks like it might be now that I'm charting again... can't tell from last cycle since O wasn't pinpointed... I don't know yet how to encourage lengthing as I had an extra long LP not BF... maybe someone will chime in.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:30 PM   #44
*TinyJoys*
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by c&w's mama View Post
love that this thread is continuing

must be something going around... I went from thinking I was not O-ing to a positive opk this weekend!

my little man is older and he's so big, he's just not a baby... he'll be a great big brother but I know I'm not ready to wean. I'm trying not to put tooo much hope into ttc now, but we all know that's not possible when you have your mind made up! I'm hoping we can do both!! I didn't last time so I don't want to be too disappointed...

very thankful to the mamas who shared their stories
I totally feel the same way you do. My DS is 16 months now and he's getting to be so big, definitely not a baby anymore either. I'm not totally ready to wean but like you I want a sibling for him. When I see him play with his cousins which are not much older than him, I get so excited thinking about a brother or sister for him. I don't want to say I'm actively ttc because I feel too much pressure, especially since I'm not sure what will happen with my cycles considering I'm still bf'ing. At this point I say we're NTNP but I do really want another...

As far as lengthening your LP, I can't say much there. I do know that before I got pregnant I was seeing my naturopathic dr. about getting my hormones balanced and we noticed I wasn't producing much progesterone. So he put me on a herbal supplement (sort of similar to Vitex) to regulate my hormones and after being on that for a while I got pregnant as soon as I tried. Now I know you ladies are still bf'ing but I hear that Vitex might be safe to take. Otherwise I don't know what to say other than weaning, when you're ready of course.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:57 PM   #45
Sarawithouth
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieMarieVDV

I totally feel the same way you do. My DS is 16 months now and he's getting to be so big, definitely not a baby anymore either. I'm not totally ready to wean but like you I want a sibling for him. When I see him play with his cousins which are not much older than him, I get so excited thinking about a brother or sister for him. I don't want to say I'm actively ttc because I feel too much pressure, especially since I'm not sure what will happen with my cycles considering I'm still bf'ing. At this point I say we're NTNP but I do really want another...

As far as lengthening your LP, I can't say much there. I do know that before I got pregnant I was seeing my naturopathic dr. about getting my hormones balanced and we noticed I wasn't producing much progesterone. So he put me on a herbal supplement (sort of similar to Vitex) to regulate my hormones and after being on that for a while I got pregnant as soon as I tried. Now I know you ladies are still bf'ing but I hear that Vitex might be safe to take. Otherwise I don't know what to say other than weaning, when you're ready of course.
Used vitex to start my cycle and started back up to see if it will lengthen my LP. B complex vitamins too!

Sunny due in October!

We're a breastfeedin', babywearin', vax delayin', un-circumcisin', cloth diaperin', bedsharin', home birthin', atheist family from Texas!
Sarawithouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:00 PM   #46
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I just started to look good again!
We went to the wedding the past weekend and I was looking at the pics and was like, wow...I'm getting thin. So now I'll probably get that BFP and gain the weight back!

I'm officially 3dpo. SUPER CRAZY HOT too!!!! Hopefully that means I'm pumping a lot of progesterone out and making me hot! I'd love a BFP right now! I'd be July 5th....
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:17 AM   #47
techanne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Is a short LP common while BFing?

I'm 5DPO right now, so I guess I'll see if it is a problem.
techanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:58 AM   #48
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm 5dpo today too. I took a test because I'm an addict! I want to see the second line, but it's probably a bfn.
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:28 AM   #49
techanne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am 6DPO, and only have one good test at home, so I'm not doing it yet. I am going out of town tonight for the weekend, which helps! Since I already missed this morning, I can't stress myself out testing before Monday
techanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:04 PM   #50
c&w's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have no business testing but I will be on Monday morning as well!