Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-29-2012, 02:03 AM   #1
momgoddess
Registered Users
seller

What are the best unsized prefolds out there?

My 5 month old has long outgrown her yellow GMDs and I'm going to sell them because I don't care for trifolding as much. Instead of going the next size up, I'm thinking of just getting some standard sized prefolds (premium) that will last a good while. She is already over 18.5 lbs. I want good quality, super soft.

I was thinking Bummis? Aren't the whole sized prefold thing supposed to be for trifolding in covers, so they are cut short? I don't mind folding it down a little to make it fit. I'm not going to be using prefolds full time anymore, so I won't get enough use out of sized if I have to keep sizing up constantly.

Advertisement

Old 09-29-2012, 01:02 PM   #2
jessnye
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: What are the best unsized prefolds out there?

Imagine unbleached are known for their softness, and while there is a line of sized Imagine prefolds, they also have Imagines in infant and premium. My favorite unsized prefolds, though, are Real Nappies.
jessnye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:23 PM   #3
shen7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
No, sized prefolds are also cut wider so that they fasten more easily. The traditional sizes only fasten well on skinny minnies. Check out the dimensions carefully, WASHED dimensions, there is a lot of variation!!
Old 09-29-2012, 02:01 PM   #4
momgoddess
Registered Users
seller

Re: What are the best unsized prefolds out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shen7 View Post
No, sized prefolds are also cut wider so that they fasten more easily. The traditional sizes only fasten well on skinny minnies. Check out the dimensions carefully, WASHED dimensions, there is a lot of variation!!
Ahhh, that's good to know! I have a chubber!