Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-29-2012, 10:55 AM   #1
MamaApril
Registered Users
Formerly: MamaApril6
seller

My Mood:
Uh oh ... need to figure out my stash better

I have mostly pocket diapers for my 2 yo, with just a few fitteds that are getting rather worn out. I just bought some prefolds and tried one on her last night. She didn't mind it, though I though she might. But I can't fit the prefolds and covers in the big/deep dresser drawer with the pockets and fitteds. Something has to go, which means I need to figure out which ones I'm least likely to use.

For the baby (due in March) I have a handful of pockets, a few random fitteds, 2 AIO, and at least a dozen ME One-size diapers. But I just got a dozen infant prefolds and am having the same issue. They fit, but barely, and aren't very convenient for grabbing what I need ... a diaper, insert, and cover. If it's not convenient, I'm just going to grab a pocket or AIO for ease. But I'm not sure which things to put away or get rid of.

This dresser has a drawer full of prefold burp cloths, a drawer full of extra inserts, misc. diapering accessories, and some disposables, one small drawer of ointments and random baby care items, and one drawer of wash cloths for wet wipes. So, no room for the extra items in any other drawer. :-/

Though I no longer change diapers on top of that dresser (it was commandeered by other things) so I could put some dipes for each into a basket in my room for changes. Though with my hubby, I'd probably have to do two baskets, so he didn't mix up what belongs to which kiddo.

Just rambling aloud, and being annoyed every time I walk past the dresser and see one open drawer (for the toddler) with extra things piled on top of it, so it won't close. But I don't really want to put any of it away ... maybe if I ditch the wearing-out fitteds so it's only prefolds/covers and pocket diapers ...

Advertisement

Old 09-29-2012, 02:40 PM   #2
MamaApril
Registered Users
Formerly: MamaApril6
seller

My Mood:
Re: Uh oh ... need to figure out my stash better

I guess I'm talking to myself here, which is fine, I do it often enough in real life. I managed to get it all in the drawer by taking out one boyish cowboy fitted that I don't think will fit my 2yo DD anyway. I also took out two different velcro-closing pockets because she undoes them -- plus one is wearing out and the other is smallish in the rise for her. Lastly, I took out a one-size pocket that seemed too small for her.

Taking out those four let the rest fit. So that left 4 large Sandies (which I might still pull, need to try them on her again), 12 prefolds, 6 FuzziBunz, and then 3 FB that had an odd fleece in them that repelled from the moment I got them and I use as a cover for a contour now instead. (It was a replacement fleece they used while having customs issues with their regular fleece and they replaced the FB for me, so I use these as covers instead.)

She's just starting back to using cloth, after I took a year long break from it, so we're still figuring this all out for her new size. If we find that prefolds at her age don't work well for us, I'm going to need to rebuild my stash for her with more fitteds, pocket diapers, or some covers that I can trifold the prefolds into. We'll see how this goes.

Infant stuff is set for the new baby, though we might re-work the stash after the baby arrives.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:12 PM   #3
adjroberts
Registered Users
seller
seller

Good luck figuring out your stash :-) I'm doing the same thing
adjroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:13 AM   #4
mgil
Registered Users
seller

Re: Uh oh ... need to figure out my stash better