Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-28-2012, 02:44 PM   #1
*TinyJoys*
Registered Users

My Chemical Pregnancy- Lots of Questions

Ok so I had to start this thread to make myself feel a little better. I know what I'm going through isn't half as bad as what some women on here have been through (or are currently experiencing), but I'm still feeling a little blue. I am currently going through a "chemical pregnancy", aka early miscarriage. I'm dealing with it ok, as long as I don't look back at other posts I made about +hpt's. I threw out all my hpt's in anger and frustration. We haven't tried long but this wasn't the way I hoped my first official pp cycle (15 months later...)would go. I guess this is more of rant than anything, though here come the questions. If you had a chemical preg. while ttc, how did you deal with it? How soon did you ttc again? Did you wait a while? Also, do you think this was because we tried too early, since it was my first pp ovulation and I hadn't had an af yet? It had been over 2 years since my af. Could that be why this happened? I'm not trying to pressure myself, I do want to still enjoy sex during this ttc experience but I don't want to wait, I want to try again as soon as possible. Am I being silly?

Advertisement

*TinyJoys* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:13 PM   #2
*TinyJoys*
Registered Users

Re: My Chemical Pregnancy- Lots of Questions

One more question if someone can please let me know. Is it normal to be getting hot flashes and nausea during an early miscarriage? Is it just the hcg hormone dropping?
Old 09-28-2012, 04:18 PM   #3
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieMarieVDV
One more question if someone can please let me know. Is it normal to be getting hot flashes and nausea during an early miscarriage? Is it just the hcg hormone dropping?
Yes, it is. sorry for your loss
Old 09-28-2012, 06:31 PM   #4
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller

I don't think it's because you tried too early. Obviously I'm not a doctor and idk your specific situation or risk factors, but we got pregnant on my first cycle after having DS (it had been 2+ years also). I don't think it's anything you did or did not do. Sorry, mama.
KelseyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:43 PM   #5
meldo
Registered Users
seller
seller

it is a loss no matter what the docs call it. Don't feel like you shouldn't be sad about it.

As I recall I had a cycle before we tried again. Mind you, this was IVF so it might be different. And yes, changes in hcg will mess with your body. It should stop soon though so keep an eye on it all just to be sure. Sorry for your loss, mama.

I'm typing on my iPhone, sorry.
Most likely nak!
meldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:32 PM   #6
finleyjudemommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieMarieVDV
Ok so I had to start this thread to make myself feel a little better. I know what I'm going through isn't half as bad as what some women on here have been through (or are currently experiencing), but I'm still feeling a little blue. I am currently going through a "chemical pregnancy", aka early miscarriage. I'm dealing with it ok, as long as I don't look back at other posts I made about +hpt's. I threw out all my hpt's in anger and frustration. We haven't tried long but this wasn't the way I hoped my first official pp cycle (15 months later...)would go. I guess this is more of rant than anything, though here come the questions. If you had a chemical preg. while ttc, how did you deal with it? How soon did you ttc again? Did you wait a while? Also, do you think this was because we tried too early, since it was my first pp ovulation and I hadn't had an af yet? It had been over 2 years since my af. Could that be why this happened? I'm not trying to pressure myself, I do want to still enjoy sex during this ttc experience but I don't want to wait, I want to try again as soon as possible. Am I being silly?
I had a chemical in Feb of 2010... We did frozen embryo transfers. We then transferred our last 2 frozen embryos in May/June of 2010 which, sadly led to a stillborn son @ 24 weeks. He had trisomy 13...good luck to you :-)
Old 09-29-2012, 12:00 PM   #7
*TinyJoys*
Registered Users

Even though this is technically an early m/c, should I count this as my first pp af? When I chart my cycle, would the first day of bleeding be cycle day 1? I feel horrible looking at it this way but for my own sanity I need to change my perspective, so I can move on.
Also, should I see a dr about this? To make sure the hcg levels are totally down. Or should I treat it as period and when the bleeding is done, the m/c is done?

Last edited by *TinyJoys*; 09-29-2012 at 12:42 PM.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:57 PM   #8
khbordelon
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Mama, I am so sorry for your loss. ((((HUGS)))

I had 5 losses myself between DS and DD#1. And actually DD was conceived the cycle after a chemical pregnancy. I had a chemical in May 2010. Waited for my next af to come and we ttc that cycle and finally had our sticky bean.
I did count the bleeding as af. My cycle right after my chemical was totally normal: same length as usual and had ovulation with same symptoms. I know it will sting but I took a pregnancy test about a week after I stopped bleeding and it was negative so I knew my HCG level were at 0 or close enough then. As far as Dr, I happened to go see mine because I was due for a pap and of course I couldn't have the pap done and they did not do anything: no u/s , no tests, nothing at all. It is sad but "chemical pregnancies" are not seen as really important I think so as long as you are not hemorraging severely they do not do anything.

Good luck to you.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:47 AM   #9
*TinyJoys*
Registered Users

Ok so I decided to count the first day of bleeding as cd1. As far as trying again this coming month, we've decided to just go with the flow. If I notice I'm ovulating and we feel up to trying, then we'll go for it, if not then we'll wait. One thing is for certain though, I am definitely waiting a lot longer to test this time around. Since I'm counting this bleeding as my af, I'm waiting until my next af is at least a week late, maybe longer. I can't even face another hpt right now, when I walked down the aisle in the grocery store I got chills when I saw all the hpt's. Physically this early m/c hasn't been too bad, just like a period for me (because it was really early, not even 3 weeks) but emotionally it has been a horrible roller coaster ride. Yes, I will definitely wait to test if I suspect I am pg, I don't need to go through this again..