Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-28-2012, 01:11 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Long story...waldorf essentials or oak meadow?

So we've started oak meadow kindergarten with our son and he loves it. Now we're about to start hsing my 9 year old brother in law. His parents have never really made him go to school. He can't read and is so unsure of himself that I can't figure out if he actually knows all of the alphabet or not. He's also been to Sylvan a few times and they think he maybe dyslexic.

Anyway, we're looking at both of these programs trying to decide which way to go. After speaking with both hell need to start in 1st through oak meadow or can start in 3rd with waldorf essentials. I'm concerned that he'll be bored with the 1st grade content since its designed for younger children.

Like I said were currently using om but it would be much more affordable to switch both to essentials then to get the om 1st grade materials.

We are paying for the majority of this so cost is a factor as we're living check to check on my husbands disability right now.

If anyone has any tips or suggestions or can make a suggestion one way or another I'd appreciate it.

Full time student, mommy and wife! Love the boys in my life Chase, DS Merrick aka Batman (2/08), Silas (5/11) & #3 coming 6/13

rockchikcassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:36 AM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
It sounds like financially Waldorf Essentials would be better for you. However, I am not very familiar with their curriculum at all. In fact I just learned of them from your thread. They sound "nice" enough. If your familiar with Waldorf style education and with your state's standards on what they require grade levels to learn than I am sure you can get the Waldorf Essentials curriculum and supplement any extra that you think you need.
Vanessa, Farming, Heathen, homeschooling, SAHM married to my scorpio, mom to Ayden 10 and Gena 5.
TTC baby #3
EarthMother777 is offline   Reply With Quote