Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-01-2012, 07:58 AM   #11
coffeemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: The 25lb Challenge October thread

Kimmie do you eat quite a few eggs? For awhile I was keeping them hard boiled on hand.
I was pretty faithful on Ideal Shape shakes as they are pretty affordable and work good to curb the appetite but, I hope to have a good handle on eating when I run out so I can not buy anymore. I do best w/ bars and shakes since it is so quick.
Today is treadmill day I HATE EXCERCISING I am sooooo lazy!

Advertisement

Old 10-01-2012, 08:19 AM   #12
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

I try to eat eggs as I seem to lose weight eating them. I do like you and eat them hard boiled. I have not had them in a week and am gaining back some weight. I am not thrilled...LOL! I think I am "backed up" and retaining water due to it.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:22 AM   #13
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l View Post
I try to eat eggs as I seem to lose weight eating them. I do like you and eat them hard boiled. I have not had them in a week and am gaining back some weight. I am not thrilled...LOL! I think I am "backed up" and retaining water due to it.
Thats my plan today...I keep getting lazy and having cereal for breakfast.

I was 197 yesterday and now I'm 198! poo. I am going to hope its just b/c i had a salty dinner and then drank a ton of water last night.
And my vintage shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/usedbutnotabused
waterisntsomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:02 AM   #14
Numommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'm about to start, and my weight is off the charts from last weigh in of 153.4. Im just trying to keep eating right and working out, hope it will all play out right. Sucks though, I was loving it!
Numommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:07 AM   #15
Numommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by igotmywings
I'm in!! I need to find somewhere to be more accountable and doing it by myself is so un- motivating.

Starting:173
GOAL:145

This is the heaviest I have EVER been in my life and I am so ashamed of it. I weigh more now then when I was pregnant. So pathetic
Not pathetic mama! You can rock 173 and be hot and happy. 145 might be easier to pull off but hold your head high despite it!

Those were my numbers after my first and second child. I made it w #1 and still working on it after number two. He will be 2 in 6weeks.
Numommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:26 AM   #16
samsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l
Kimmie, I'm kind of a lurker on here but I noticed that you are doing weight watchers too. I had a problem with constipation awhile back and I contacted a local meetings leader (I am an online subscriber), and she recommended I add in a little bit of fat to help smooth things out. WW healthy guidelines recommended two healthy fats a day, and I know I for one wasnt getting them in. I was eating FF cheese and yogurt, FF milk, and avoided pretty much all other forms of fat. Try adding a little PB or avacado or sautéing your dinner veggies in a little, think tsp, of EVOO. Your body needs some fat to function properly.
samsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:24 AM   #17
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterisntsomething View Post
Thats my plan today...I keep getting lazy and having cereal for breakfast.

I was 197 yesterday and now I'm 198! poo. I am going to hope its just b/c i had a salty dinner and then drank a ton of water last night.
I think last nights dinner was too salty too. Tonight's dinner will be better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsmommy View Post
Kimmie, I'm kind of a lurker on here but I noticed that you are doing weight watchers too. I had a problem with constipation awhile back and I contacted a local meetings leader (I am an online subscriber), and she recommended I add in a little bit of fat to help smooth things out. WW healthy guidelines recommended two healthy fats a day, and I know I for one wasnt getting them in. I was eating FF cheese and yogurt, FF milk, and avoided pretty much all other forms of fat. Try adding a little PB or avacado or sautéing your dinner veggies in a little, think tsp, of EVOO. Your body needs some fat to function properly.
Yeah - I do not eat any fat really. I need to start getting some. We will be doing veggies tonight in EVOO. I think that my constipation is making retain water too. Hopefully I can get rid of both soon...LOL!
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:21 AM   #18
samsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l

I think last nights dinner was too salty too. Tonight's dinner will be better.

Yeah - I do not eat any fat really. I need to start getting some. We will be doing veggies tonight in EVOO. I think that my constipation is making retain water too. Hopefully I can get rid of both soon...LOL!
I took me a couple days to fix things but since I started intentionally adding 2 servings of healthy fat it's been smooth sailing. I like to get mine from avacado, PB or EVOO but you can also try 2% milk or full fat yogurt or butter. Here hoping you get some relief soon.
samsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:43 PM   #19
sahmofthree
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm definitely back on the wagon! Been eating terribly lately, and my body's starting to show it! My eczema was going away, but is now back in full force, my fibro is flaring up again, and my face is breaking out even though it had cleared up before after eating healthy for a week or so! So I'm going to take that as a sign that my body can not handle processed food and wheat products, as every time I overload on breads/pastas I feel terrible after!

I guess there's just no getting around it, I can either eat super healthy and get control of my fibro and lose some weight, or I can stay fat and in pain all the time. It's of course an easy choice, but it's a bit sad that I might not ever be able to enjoy my favorite foods again.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:49 PM   #20
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahmofthree
I'm definitely back on the wagon! Been eating terribly lately, and my body's starting to show it! My eczema was going away, but is now back in full force, my fibro is flaring up again, and my face is breaking out even though it had cleared up before after eating healthy for a week or so! So I'm going to take that as a sign that my body can not handle processed food and wheat products, as every time I overload on breads/pastas I feel terrible after!

I guess there's just no getting around it, I can either eat super healthy and get control of my fibro and lose some weight, or I can stay fat and in pain all the time. It's of course an easy choice, but it's a bit sad that I might not ever be able to enjoy my favorite foods again.
I totally get that (to the bolded)! Welcome back we've missed you.