Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-12-2012, 02:31 PM   #351
MyPerfectLife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: The 25lb Challenge October thread

Hi ladies!
I hope I am not too late to join? I just spent nearly an hour and a half reading this whole thread. This is EXACTLY what I need! I have been doing OK with weightloss since July when I really got serious about it, but recently I have hit a wall with motivation. I have lost some interest in both working out AND counting calories (I don't use MFP but something similar). Sigh. I want to kick myself in the pants and get this ship sailing again. Here are my numbers:
Starting weight in January: 217 I was doing WW but petered out after just a few months. I did OK though ... Started again in July.
Starting weight in July: 201
Current weight: 178
Goal: 148 (Though I'd be happy at 150, 148 puts me at a not overweight BMI).
So anyway, I love your guys' banter and am TOTALLY impressed by your weightloss.
Like some of you, I am a daily weigher. I watch that scale like a hawk for any movement up and down. A couple of weekends ago I gained 7 lbs in two days at a wedding and a football party (gag). I was kicking myself hardcore for that.
Today I started well, like most days. I had toast with peanut butter. Then I worked out (laps at the pool for an hour). Then a six inch sub for lunch (but a healthy one, only 280 cals). But then, while YDS was eating meatballs for lunch, a painful horrible thing happened. I found the Hershey's bars leftover from camping and s'mores. And ... I couldn't resist. And not just one either. And not plain. I dipped them in peanut butter. BOTH OF THEM. I am seriously mad at myself. I have a bad problem with binge eating. I LOVE food. Sigh. I'll be ok if I don't eat dinner ... maybe just raw veggies? Yesterday I was 177.6, today 178 ... I will not allow myself a haircut until I reach 175 and I totally want bangs. Wish me luck and offer me help ladies!!!
Looking forward

Advertisement

Abby, SAHM mom to Maddy (10), Benny (7), Annie (3.5),and Joshy (1). Wife to my traveling hub for 11 years! Almost FT student (2nd time around). My life is not perfect, but I keep telling myself if I say it enough I will believe it!

Last edited by MyPerfectLife; 10-12-2012 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Forgot parenthesis
MyPerfectLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:35 PM   #352
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
@MyPerefctLife

Don't stress Your here now and we will help you. Don't skip dinner unless your not hungry. Doing that can actually do more harm then good. Start again tomorrow with us and you will be surprised.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:43 PM   #353
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am tired! I had a cup of coffee this mornign and again at lunch and I'm still dead tired. I was craving some carbs and debated eating the baked spaghetti that DH is supposed to be eating up. I fought it and instead made a protein smoothie. Pea protein powder, a banana, almond butter and flax seed. Yum. Probably way more calories than I need but it helped and at least they were good calories.
Tonight I'm making tacos and I'll eat the meat and good stuff on lettuce instead of in a shell. I may crumble half a taco shell onto my salad tho.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:09 PM   #354
MyPerfectLife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I banana'd it for dinner. The family had pizza and popcorn... But I held myself to the nana. Woot.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DS Forum
Abby, SAHM mom to Maddy (10), Benny (7), Annie (3.5),and Joshy (1). Wife to my traveling hub for 11 years! Almost FT student (2nd time around). My life is not perfect, but I keep telling myself if I say it enough I will believe it!
MyPerfectLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 04:29 AM   #355
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I had sausage and chili! I loved it.
Old 10-13-2012, 07:25 AM   #356
Numommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

<red>152<red/>

I've been reading almost daily but have not posted. Around the first of the month AF came and I went back to work. Swelling was so bad my scrub pants were tight. I kept at it, and this is the second wk of seeing a loss .

I have not ran since being back at work, but this is a rescue staffing type contract nursing gig. Which equals run run from 630a to 8 pm 3 days a week. Btw, job sucks and I can.not wait for contracts end Dec 7th!

Oh and I got some jobst stockings that have helped a lot. I also got some compression sleeves- McDaniel cheep os - but have not tested them at work.

Last edited by Numommy; 10-13-2012 at 07:27 AM.
Numommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:18 AM   #357
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPerfectLife View Post
Hi ladies!
I hope I am not too late to join? I just spent nearly an hour and a half reading this whole thread. This is EXACTLY what I need! I have been doing OK with weightloss since July when I really got serious about it, but recently I have hit a wall with motivation. I have lost some interest in both working out AND counting calories (I don't use MFP but something similar). Sigh. I want to kick myself in the pants and get this ship sailing again. Here are my numbers:
Starting weight in January: 217 I was doing WW but petered out after just a few months. I did OK though ... Started again in July.
Starting weight in July: 201
Current weight: 178
Goal: 148 (Though I'd be happy at 150, 148 puts me at a not overweight BMI).
So anyway, I love your guys' banter and am TOTALLY impressed by your weightloss.
Like some of you, I am a daily weigher. I watch that scale like a hawk for any movement up and down. A couple of weekends ago I gained 7 lbs in two days at a wedding and a football party (gag). I was kicking myself hardcore for that.
Today I started well, like most days. I had toast with peanut butter. Then I worked out (laps at the pool for an hour). Then a six inch sub for lunch (but a healthy one, only 280 cals). But then, while YDS was eating meatballs for lunch, a painful horrible thing happened. I found the Hershey's bars leftover from camping and s'mores. And ... I couldn't resist. And not just one either. And not plain. I dipped them in peanut butter. BOTH OF THEM. I am seriously mad at myself. I have a bad problem with binge eating. I LOVE food. Sigh. I'll be ok if I don't eat dinner ... maybe just raw veggies? Yesterday I was 177.6, today 178 ... I will not allow myself a haircut until I reach 175 and I totally want bangs. Wish me luck and offer me help ladies!!!
Looking forward
Welcome and you will love this thread! We have a great time. I am the same way with my hair. I will not get it cut until I lose a certain amount of weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corinne76 View Post
I am tired! I had a cup of coffee this mornign and again at lunch and I'm still dead tired. I was craving some carbs and debated eating the baked spaghetti that DH is supposed to be eating up. I fought it and instead made a protein smoothie. Pea protein powder, a banana, almond butter and flax seed. Yum. Probably way more calories than I need but it helped and at least they were good calories.
Tonight I'm making tacos and I'll eat the meat and good stuff on lettuce instead of in a shell. I may crumble half a taco shell onto my salad tho.
I need to get stuff for tacos. I love tacos. Every time someone on here mentions it, it reminds me I need to go get some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPerfectLife View Post
I banana'd it for dinner. The family had pizza and popcorn... But I held myself to the nana. Woot.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DS Forum
Good job! I have a horrid time resisting pizza. Or anything with cheese on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numommy View Post

<red>152<red/>

I've been reading almost daily but have not posted. Around the first of the month AF came and I went back to work. Swelling was so bad my scrub pants were tight. I kept at it, and this is the second wk of seeing a loss .

I have not ran since being back at work, but this is a rescue staffing type contract nursing gig. Which equals run run from 630a to 8 pm 3 days a week. Btw, job sucks and I can.not wait for contracts end Dec 7th!

Oh and I got some jobst stockings that have helped a lot. I also got some compression sleeves- McDaniel cheep os - but have not tested them at work.
We are glad you are here with us! I used to be in nursing till I got injured. I can relate to wanting to be done with a job.

Today I was 152.2 when I weighed in. I was shocked after having some Jager last night. I enjoyed it though. I am now having my morning coffee. THe kids are spaztastic. I am trying to have 5 minutes to me and it is not working at all. The baby is the good one right now. He is bouncing in his jumper. The 3 and 4 yr olds are up my butt asking for everything, asking me 400 questions, and climbing all over me. I am like just 5 minutes!!!
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:25 AM   #358
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numommy

<red>152<red/>

Yay that's great!!! Keep at it.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:29 AM   #359
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Kimmie, I totally understand it. I am so excited when DH has a weekend off because he can help wrangle the toddler and help with the 400 questions in a minute.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:41 AM   #360
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac & Cheeses mom View Post
Kimmie, I totally understand it. I am so excited when DH has a weekend off because he can help wrangle the toddler and help with the 400 questions in a minute.
My 4 yr old is singing We Will We Will Rock You over and over...LOL! The baby is still bouncing away having fun. He should be hungry soon. The 3 yr old finally went to play. THe 4 yr old is hounding for the Kindle to play ANgry Birds on it. He is obsessed.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote