Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-22-2012, 06:56 PM   #601
sahmofthree
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: The 25lb Challenge October thread

I'm really hoping I'll feel better. The weight loss would be an awesome bonus but I'm mostly doing it because I'm sick of not feeling good. With the fibro issues, I basically never feel "healthy". Always exhausted, in pain, etc. I did notice it was a lot better when I was on track and cut out all grains for a couple weeks, but then I messed up and couldn't find the motivation again. Then dh and I watched Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead and that lit a fire for me once again so we figured it was worth a shot. I'll be ecstatic if I can even get into the mid-160's by the time the fast is over!

Advertisement

Old 10-22-2012, 08:14 PM   #602
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahmofthree
I'm really hoping I'll feel better. The weight loss would be an awesome bonus but I'm mostly doing it because I'm sick of not feeling good. With the fibro issues, I basically never feel "healthy". Always exhausted, in pain, etc. I did notice it was a lot better when I was on track and cut out all grains for a couple weeks, but then I messed up and couldn't find the motivation again. Then dh and I watched Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead and that lit a fire for me once again so we figured it was worth a shot. I'll be ecstatic if I can even get into the mid-160's by the time the fast is over!
My friend said she felt like he was always drinking her juice to stay full. She would always have juice ready. That's how she made it.

I have heard a lot about that movie (documentary). I might have to watch it. A juice cleanse and I would not work well for med than maybe a day.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:14 PM   #603
sjscnjs
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahmofthree View Post
I'm starting my 2nd juice cleanse tomorrow!
120***110****100****90****80****70****60*** *50****40****30****20****10****pounds to go!
sjscnjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:23 AM   #604
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Ugh! I have hit a stall and I know why. It's my own fault. Starting today I'm going gluten free again. I haven't gained, but I also have lost nothing in over a week. I know better and was eating bread and stuff anyways.

Here's to gaining prospective again.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:25 AM   #605
sahmofthree
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Good for you for recognizing what needs to be adjusted though! At least you've just stayed steady, you could have had a gain instead. As for me, I was STARVING last night at 11:00. Didn't cheat all day (other than half a cup of coffee to get rid of my caffeine withdrawal headache as I couldn't take it anymore). Felt pretty dizzy this morning but am starting to feel better as I sit here sipping my first juice. Felt pretty awful yesterday, so I'm really hoping today's not as bad. Lost 1.2 lb in a day though LOL, so in the 160's again at 169.8 lb.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:36 AM   #606
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahmofthree
Good for you for recognizing what needs to be adjusted though! At least you've just stayed steady, you could have had a gain instead. As for me, I was STARVING last night at 11:00. Didn't cheat all day (other than half a cup of coffee to get rid of my caffeine withdrawal headache as I couldn't take it anymore). Felt pretty dizzy this morning but am starting to feel better as I sit here sipping my first juice. Felt pretty awful yesterday, so I'm really hoping today's not as bad. Lost 1.2 lb in a day though LOL, so in the 160's again at 169.8 lb.
Well that's good! I hope today goes better. Like my friend said she was constantly drinking to fight the hunger feeling.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:03 AM   #607
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahmofthree View Post
I also have fibro and it is so hard to not feel like crap all the time. I want to feel better. Add my osteoarthritis and I am riddled with pain. I should try this cleanse. What do you have to do?

I worked hard to lose 5 lbs from my last stall to gain 3 of it back cheating Sunday. Hopefully I will lose it fast. I doubt it as last time it took 6 days for the sushi bloat to go away...LOL!
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:09 AM   #608
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
What does fibro feel like? My mom mentioned I should look into it since I have joint pain, but since being on my hypo meds I have felt better, but still have questions about fibro.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:22 AM   #609
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

YOu are constantly achy and tired. It hurts in your joits (but I also have oateoarthritis) really bad, but there is an all over pain that takes over your entire body like radiating fire.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:14 AM   #610
sahmofthree
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, it's like Kimmie said. I get a lot of headaches, really sore feet, sore stiff joints, soreness in muscles, extreme exhaustion, and certain pressure points on my body where if I even scratch or get poked lightly it feels like something just stabbed me in that spot. My back is especially bad for that.

I've been doing a lot of reading Kimmie, and a lot of people find relief if they go strictly grain/gluten free. So I gave that a shot, and after a couple weeks most of the pain was gone and my energy levels were up. Then I messed up, and the pain came back. Between reading Wheat Belly, and watching the Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead documentary I'm really questioning whether the fibro is 100% food caused, specifically highly processed foods and wheat. So I thought I'd kick-start the detox by a 10 day juice fast and then go back to only whole natural foods, and completely grain free. It's fairly restrictive and hard to get used to, but when it makes you feel better and pain-free it makes it worth it. For the 10 day juice fast, I have a juicer and it's basically only fresh juices for meals. Basically I do 4-5 juice recipes a day, and all the water I can force down. If you read the thread "I'm About To Embark on the Hardest Mission of My Life" here in Healthy Living, there's a bit more info on the benefits and science behind juicing. I'm also drinking a cup of green tea a day and I'm trying to stick with just half a cup of coffee as otherwise I can't function because of the headache I get from caffeine withdrawal. Hoping to wean off the coffee completely but that might be easier after a couple days in. Definitely tough to stick with but dh and I are determined to give it a shot.