Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-23-2012, 09:15 AM   #611
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l
YOu are constantly achy and tired. It hurts in your joits (but I also have oateoarthritis) really bad, but there is an all over pain that takes over your entire body like radiating fire.
Ahh yeah that would suck. That's what it was like before they put me on hypo meds.

Advertisement

Old 10-23-2012, 09:33 AM   #612
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Sahmofthree.

I agree. Maybe the gluten is why my ankles hurt even after I take my pill. I never thought of that.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:44 AM   #613
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:
Re: The 25lb Challenge October thread

I do feel better when I am wheat and gluten free. I might have to try going completely gluten free. I feel worse when I eat out too.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:23 AM   #614
sahmofthree
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

It's definitely frustrating and tough to stick with it. Of course my absolute favorite all time foods are all bread products; pizza, pasta, etc. I struggle with it constantly, between just wanting to not have to feel deprived of my favorites, and wanting to be 20 lbs lighter again and feel better/not be in pain. I just can't seem to get to that point of being satisfied with the foods I need to eat, I always feel really deprived and sad that I can't have my favorites. I know there's a few ways around it, like spaghetti squash for a pasta stand-in, or cauliflower crust pizza, but they're just not the same. For now I'm just hoping to drop another 20 lb, then hopefully add in my favorites in moderation and stabilize at a healthy weight. I know 2 years ago when I was 20 lb lighter I was eating all my favorites and not gaining and not feeling this bad. So I guess I'm really hoping that if I can just get focused and drop the pounds and get back to that weight, maybe the fibro symptoms will stay away even if I add back in some of my fav foods. Might be wishful thinking, but I honestly don't think I can stick with it if I know I can't ever eat any of my fav foods ever again.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:44 AM   #615
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

They make so many gluten free things though now. Even pizza can be bought out and GF.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:00 AM   #616
sahmofthree
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

True, but gluten free flours and other products are sooo expensive, and with 4 kids it's not really affordable for us to switch to 100% gluten free, and I'm definitely not cooking 2 different meals, I spend enough time in the kitchen. Plus with us living in Canada, we already spend a ridiculous amount on groceries every month ($1200 avg), and that's with me making things from scratch as much as possible.

It's just so stupid why the food industry makes it so difficult for people to make healthy choices.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:02 AM   #617
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
It's true very expensive to eat healthy but more costly to eat unhealthy.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:50 AM   #618
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahmofthree View Post
True, but gluten free flours and other products are sooo expensive, and with 4 kids it's not really affordable for us to switch to 100% gluten free, and I'm definitely not cooking 2 different meals, I spend enough time in the kitchen. Plus with us living in Canada, we already spend a ridiculous amount on groceries every month ($1200 avg), and that's with me making things from scratch as much as possible.

It's just so stupid why the food industry makes it so difficult for people to make healthy choices.
Same here. We have 4 kids, one is a teen so eats a ton. One has PDD NOS so eats nothing and wastes a lot of food. It is crazy.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:21 PM   #619
Numommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahmofthree

We just cut bread out all together. I don't keep my children on low carb, but husband and I are, and kids eat much much less than before in the refined dept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac & Cheeses mom
It's true very expensive to eat healthy but more costly to eat unhealthy.
Yes yes. I use stevia or xyliyol to make our teas, bc our kids drink so much tea. The extra money on the sweeter is low vs a big dentist bill.
Numommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:35 PM   #620
Numommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Kimmie and others: I have rheumatoid vs sjoournes, still in the dx phase and while my sx are less frequent, the fatigue is almost gone: GF didn't cure me like I had hoped. But I feel better, less hungry, and can actually stick to a diet do I stay on it. My body goes nuts if I slip, I know when I've eaten gluten. Before I ever hit the google button to see if said product ihas a hidden gluten.
The easiest way for me starting out was to just x wheat. Not worry about sugar or hidden gluten, just wheat. Then I took out sugar, and I still hardly check labels for hidden gluten. I cannot drink beer anymore. It literally sets my joints on fire. But that could be other things in the AI world. Dehydration, swelling... I suppose.
Numommy is offline   Reply With Quote