Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-26-2012, 07:47 AM   #671
sahmofthree
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: The 25lb Challenge October thread

Old:

sahmofthree: starting:174, goal:145, current:172 -2

New:
sahmofthree: starting 174, goal: 145, current 170.8 -3.2

I know it's a loss, but I had gotten down to 169.8, and I've been eating really great the past few days but instead of the scale going down it's been creeping up a bit every day. Must just be water weight, so hopefully I can see the 160's next week!

ETA: Can I change my starting weight?? At the start of this challenge, I was 174. But I started my weight loss a bit before this challenge started, and I was 180.4 lbs when I started. It's just everytime I look at the numbers here it feels a little deflating like I've hardly done anything, when in reality I've lost 10 lb now, so I would love it if the numbers could be adjusted to show that.

So my new one would be:
sahmofthree: starting 180.4, goal 145, current 170.8 -9.6

Advertisement

Last edited by sahmofthree; 10-26-2012 at 07:50 AM.
sahmofthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:55 AM   #672
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterisntsomething View Post
Bleh..I have family over and it is stressing me out! My good eating is going out the window. I need the breastfeeding/solid food/crying to be picked up comments to stop.
I hate those comments. They drive me nuts.

I am at 151.0 today. 0.1 lb up from yesterday and I had carbs yesterday so I will take it. My breastmilk is thanking me today.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:01 AM   #673
mamatoclaire
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Old:
Mamatoclaire: starting: 175, goal:145, current: 162.2 -12.8

New:
Mamatoclaire: starting: 175, goal:145, current: 160.8 -14.2

So happy for a loss! I definitely cheated with some treats this week, but I started working out on Wednesday and that's been good. Hoping to see the 150s next week!!! I haven't been in the 150s since 3-4 years ago.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:49 AM   #674
addiecakes
Registered Users
seller

Old-
addiecakes: starting:173, goal:148, current:164.8 -8.2

New-
addiecakes: starting:173, goal:148, current:161.4 -11.6

I'm down this week! I was sick all day Sunday and I guess my tummy shrank up while I couldn't eat all day.... Sunday was awful, but the plus side is that it started me off again.

I am going on my first sans-baby weekend Nov 30 so I'm hoping to lose by then.

Trying to decide if I should try to weam before I go. Have successfully not nursed at night for about a week now! Much, much better than before. My dd is 29 mo and has nursed almost constantly for allll that time. In case anyone else is in the same boat here is what worked for me. The stay-in-bed nightlight idea for toddlers. I just used the monitor base light plugged into a timer. Started with about 6 hours and now have it set all night. DD wakes up and fusses/asks/cries/needs patted still but I have been strong. We say no nursing until the "moon" turns off (it is round and I hung it on the wall ). This concrete thing has been the only thing that has worked for me --- she can see for herself that it is not time yet!!!

I feel guilty enough leaving her...the thought of weaning bc I'm leaving for something for ME makes it worse. I was gung-ho self weaning... but she is sooooo attached to the boob.....
addiecakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:49 AM   #675
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l

I hate those comments. They drive me nuts.

I am at 151.0 today. 0.1 lb up from yesterday and I had carbs yesterday so I will take it. My breastmilk is thanking me today.
Lol I would call that a maintain week! Good job

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatoclaire
Old:
Mamatoclaire: starting: 175, goal:145, current: 162.2 -12.8

New:
Mamatoclaire: starting: 175, goal:145, current: 160.8 -14.2

So happy for a loss! I definitely cheated with some treats this week, but I started working out on Wednesday and that's been good. Hoping to see the 150s next week!!! I haven't been in the 150s since 3-4 years ago.
Good job!!! I hope you get that next week! I am hoping to meet my mini goal in the next few weeks. Fingers crossed!
Old 10-26-2012, 09:52 AM   #676
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by addiecakes
Old-
addiecakes: starting:173, goal:148, current:164.8 -8.2

New-
addiecakes: starting:173, goal:148, current:161.4 -11.6

I'm down this week! I was sick all day Sunday and I guess my tummy shrank up while I couldn't eat all day.... Sunday was awful, but the plus side is that it started me off again.

I am going on my first sans-baby weekend Nov 30 so I'm hoping to lose by then.

Trying to decide if I should try to weam before I go. Have successfully not nursed at night for about a week now! Much, much better than before. My dd is 29 mo and has nursed almost constantly for allll that time. In case anyone else is in the same boat here is what worked for me. The stay-in-bed nightlight idea for toddlers. I just used the monitor base light plugged into a timer. Started with about 6 hours and now have it set all night. DD wakes up and fusses/asks/cries/needs patted still but I have been strong. We say no nursing until the "moon" turns off (it is round and I hung it on the wall ). This concrete thing has been the only thing that has worked for me --- she can see for herself that it is not time yet!!!

I feel guilty enough leaving her...the thought of weaning bc I'm leaving for something for ME makes it worse. I was gung-ho self weaning... but she is sooooo attached to the boob.....
Great loss! And don't worry about it. You have done so well and having her night nurse or so long is a great thing. Congrats to that.

I forget where are you going?
Old 10-26-2012, 07:34 PM   #677
Numommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Everyone is doing so good!!
Numommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:50 PM   #678
addiecakes
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac & Cheeses mom View Post
Great loss! And don't worry about it. You have done so well and having her night nurse or so long is a great thing. Congrats to that.

I forget where are you going?

When I first joined the group my goal was for a wedding next summer, this new mini-goal is for a weekend to see some friends. I have lived away from all my friends for 2 years now. I need some girls time!
addiecakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:20 AM   #679
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by addiecakes

When I first joined the group my goal was for a wedding next summer, this new mini-goal is for a weekend to see some friends. I have lived away from all my friends for 2 years now. I need some girls time!
Oh great mini goal!
Old 10-27-2012, 07:42 AM   #680
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

I am back down to 150.3 so I lost almost a full pound. I am happy. I am hoping to get into the 140s next week. That would rock my world. My tummy is going down again which is awesome. I need to do some sit ups or something to flatten it out. I still have my baby flab.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote