Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-23-2012, 12:41 PM   #1
7arrows4God
Registered Users
seller
seller

Best storage bags?? Also pump manual?

Which is the best storage bag? BPA and other bad substances free and not leaking after frozen and thawing.

I am looking at honeysuckle but some sem to say they are bad, but happen with lanoline(sp) ones too.

What would you recomend or another kind?

Also for an manual pump that really works? Are any better than the advent? Really works even for those that had trouble with others? How many ozs were you able to pump?

If you are EBF your infant ---- when do you pump. I want to collect milk for the months after I dry up. I often get pregnant while EBF, so to have extra on hand would be nice.

Advertisement

Canadian mama to 13 blessings ds(18), ds(17), ds(15.5), ds(13.5), dd(11.75), ds(10), ds(8.5), ds(6.5), dd(5.5), dd(3.5), dd(2.5) , ds(15 months) and #13 due end of AUGUST. And yes that is while nursing night and day. :O)
7arrows4God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:55 PM   #2
mamaspice
Registered Users

I use the Medela Harmony and the Medela bags that go with. I like them because the bags hook to the pump with an adapter. No quality issues but they are kind of spendy. If I pumped more often I would look into something like Milk Sticks trays.

If you are pumping for your lo to have a bottle feeding , do it around the same time that you would nurse. If you are doing to build a freezer supply, anytime is fine but be constent as your body will adapt and make more milk at that time.
mamaspice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:22 PM   #3
organicmama10
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Best storage bags?? Also pump manual?

For manual pump, I have both the Medela Harmony and Avent ISIS. I liked them both but once I started ovulating, I found that I was able to get more from the Avent. As for storage bags, I used the Green Sprouts biodegradable storage bags when I'm traveling for work. Otherwise, it's all Medela milk storage bottles for me.
organicmama10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:08 AM   #4
hohaas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have used the honeysuckle and had no problem w them at all. I use mostly Lansinoh. I think in the past 4 yrs when BFing I've only had maybe 5 bags that leaked and is most likely from overfilling (which I tend to think is the case most of the time). I did have a batch that the seal did not line up but I contacted Lansinoh customer service and they mailed me new bags and those were fine. If you want completely leak free then store in bottles.

I started pumping within the first wk of baby being born. (I always start early to build up a good stash in my freezer b/f going back to work.) Baby usually eats off only one side so I'll pump the other. I will also pump in the morning when I get up and before bed. Any other time I feel like one side is getting full I'll pump. I work FT too so I pump while at work at least twice in my 6 hr shift. I'll even take my pump w me when we go places. My DD is 4 mos now and I have 700 oz in freezer and have donated 1300 oz due to lack of space for all the milk! You def want to pump as much as you can if your supply isn't really large to build up that stash or even try to increase it if you can/want to.