Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-05-2012, 07:24 AM   #91
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Sept 30th-Oct 6th

Bwahaha. Angrykin kaiwalker!!!!!!! So funny!!!!!

Im soooo pumped!!! I need grey boits bc grey is my color this year. I can get nice looking boots from payless for $29.99 after tax!!! Im so going this weekend!!!

In other news, im so excited that ive only gained 1lb so far. I was up 10lb bu 15w with dd
Im also getting motivated to workout again yayayay!!

Advertisement

Old 10-05-2012, 07:53 AM   #92
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rverrone11 View Post
As for trick or treating... live in a town of about 100 people. There is a post office, bar, mine, and library in town (no gas station or store). We go trick or treating to those businesses with school because it is a tradition (seems weird that we would take a school trick or treating to a bar, but that's how it's always been done around here). The kids get a ton of candy just from that. After school we go trick or treating around town, and because there are only 20 kids in town, everyone is very generous with the candy. We are also going to a gold mine just outside of town to go trick or treating (they are also doing some fire safety and mine safety while we are there). Last year we got over 20 lbs of candy between my two girls. I usually dig through it, throw anything with gelatin away, keep the good stuff for me, and the girls will get a piece or two a day until they forget about it.
Your town sounds like our town! Except yours is a bit bigger All the kids who go to school here come here for t&ting - we end up with about 40 kids running around. I love it though, because there's no vehicle traffic that night - out-of-towners drive in around suppertime to sit at town houses and hand out their candy, then they don't leave town till after 10pm. Makes for so much less worries with the kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf88 View Post
I had to share... Today at school they had a Halloween costume sale, and were selling costumes for $2 each. So my stepson was all echoed about this teddy bear costume he had seen for his baby brother. I picked him up from school today expecting him to have it, and he told me this: "somebody else bought the teddy bear costume, and I was really disappointed. But, I decided to look for a different costume and I found a horse! So I bought it for Kai, because who wears a horse costume?! It's hilarious!" This kid cracks me up - and he's only 6. Later in the day he called him "Angrykin Kaiwalker" when he was throwing a little fit over not getting more cookies. Then he looked at me and said "get it? Instead of Anakin Skywalker?! Cuz he's being angry! And his name is Kai! Hahahahaha"
What a great kid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
Im soooo pumped!!! I need grey boits bc grey is my color this year. I can get nice looking boots from payless for $29.99 after tax!!! Im so going this weekend!!!
Oooo! I need... well, okay fine, I want... to find a good pair of fall boots. Maybe I'll get a chance to look this weekend.

AFM: Today is a nothing day - thank goodness! This weekend will be super busy - FIL will be here tomorrow so we'll be unpacking the van, I need to run around and pick up some Subs, donuts, and coffee for the guys helping us. Then Sunday will (likely) be church and going to in-laws house to help unpack boxes and whatnot. Then Monday is Thanksgiving - not sure what we're doing, but I know MIL wanted to do something.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:17 AM   #93
melilo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

While I know I can have small amts of tuna, I'd rather not take the chance, it can have a lot of mercury. But I just really hate any fish that is cooked, and even though I think raw is safe in small amts my family pretty much won't let me, lol.

Rubber City Doula You Deserve A Doula!
DONA Trained Birth Doula
melilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:07 PM   #94
sunnygirlmomof6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thought I would drop in tio say HI!
Pretty busy here and I just don't get a chance to check in much. We have had a party booked every weekend for a few weeks. Got one tomorrow too. Good for the money, bad for a tired momma! LOL
My next MW appt is next thurday the 11th and I cannot wait! I will be 14 weeks and will have another US to see if the SCH is gone. Wish we could see what the sex is but I bet it will be too early. I have still been sick, but not as bad as it was. Getting more and more excited about the baby and can't wait to start planning and making stufff for him or her.

As for Halloween, I always dressed up as a kid but I am not as fond of it now and it is toooooo much trouble to take this many kids out to TorT since we would have to drive to each house. I am thinking of having some of our homeschool friends over for a bonfire to roast hot dogs and marshmellows and let all the kids paint a pumkin and play games and have fun. That would be so much more fun for us I think.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:55 PM   #95
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by melilo View Post
While I know I can have small amts of tuna, I'd rather not take the chance, it can have a lot of mercury. But I just really hate any fish that is cooked, and even though I think raw is safe in small amts my family pretty much won't let me, lol.
mmmm... I get sad when I realized I didn't eat my can of tuna that week. Well, not really sad, but I really need to set a reminder and make all Thursdays 'tuna salad' day or something... yummm..

they actually had PSAs out a few years ago encouraging pregnant women to eat a can of tuna a week. Most fish is too expensive for some households and women were scared of tuna, but the baby does need the DHA and fatty acids.

I don't like most fish. Well, I usually like salmon, but this baby does not. Tuna? yumm!
Old 10-05-2012, 03:01 PM   #96
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

salmon... I think we have some in the freezer... may need DH to bake some up for supper tonight!!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:47 PM   #97
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
It's official: my second trimester is sucking way more than the first one.

NOT ideal.

Hopefully it'll calm down soon.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:19 PM   #98
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange
It's official: my second trimester is sucking way more than the first one.

NOT ideal.

Hopefully it'll calm down soon.
I'm sorry. are you just sick/fatigued?

I'm tired allll the time and it doesn't help that poor DH has been having nightmares because of stuff that happened at work (he is a firefighter & EMT) and is waking me up in the middle of the night when I'm already sleeping restlessly and getting up at 2 am to pee. I feel bad for him, but at the same time, I'm selfish and I want to sleep through the night as much as I can NOW! I don't wake HIM up when he has to work the next day and I have a bad dream.

But on a good note, I found the heart beat tonight!!! 145 bpm. It took me a while to get around the placenta but I got it after a couple minutes. So awesome to hear. I can't believe I didn't buy a doppler for DS!
KelseyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:26 PM   #99
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Yay for the heartbeat! I really wanted to, but I didn't. Maybe tomorrow.

I'm just like double nauseated. I barely made it through grocery shopping without puking or eating dinner. My abdominal area is extremely uncomfortable.

I'm hoping things are just moving and once the uterus has moved up or something, maybe this won't suck.

Its not horrible - I can't give the impression that it's so bad when others are on medications. But it was supposed to get better, not worse, with the second trimester

Sorry to hear about your lack of sleep. DH is still hacking the nights away and that wakes me up. In addition to peeing and rolling over, etc. but atleast that'll be over when he gets better. An emergency worker is much more constant.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:45 PM   #100
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange
Sorry to hear about your lack of sleep. DH is still hacking the nights away and that wakes me up. In addition to peeing and rolling over, etc. but atleast that'll be over when he gets better. An emergency worker is much more constant.
Luckily he's not volunteer, so he never takes calls at home and I don't have to listen to a radio (thank GOD - my mother does though, haha). It's really only bad when something terrible happens at work and he can't help but carry it home.

A lieutenant at the department was diagnosed two weeks ago with acute lymphoma and has a couple months to live at best. Wife and kid. DH has been responding to medicals for a female soldier who was injured on deployment (middle east). She can't stop having seizures, incontinent, PTSD, etc. Husband and kid(s), not sure how many.

It's really hitting DH hard. He's not a Christian and he's finding himself really struggling with some BIG "why" questions right now, so I know that's a contributor to his unrest.

We're also struggling with some marriage stuff and his insecurities around that are obvious causes of some of the dreams... It's just hard for me to have sympathy at 4 am.
KelseyH is offline   Reply With Quote