Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-04-2012, 07:25 PM   #81
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Sept 30th-Oct 6th

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post

Ah, gotcha. What day are you due on? I would just go by that as each month - shouldn't say I would, I do!

That seems like overload for a group that age! Gosh. Your idea sounds just perfect to me!

AFM: Man, m/s seems to be kicking into gear again the past couple days. Shucks. I'm hoping it's just making a last hoorah before leaving... but I worry that it'll stick around! for the magic of 13 weeks I usually get!!!
I am due on the 22nd--That is a good idea. I am ashamed I could not come up with that myself. I lack thinking power during pregnancy. It drives dh nuts bc he is a problem solver and he can not figure out why I am not esp during pregnancy, which I have been basically pregnant throughout our whole marriage. He is in for a surprise once we stop having children.

I thought it was overload too. I just did not now if that was my opinion.

I hope you feel better soon and pulling for you to feel better asap!

Advertisement

dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:30 PM   #82
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

I love Halloween and fall holidays. We will probably on trick or treat at five or so houses, but our base has a party with games so we will definitely do that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers
I'm not against the idea of more babies, just no more pregnancies!
This is me, too! This is our last pregnancy, regardless of outcome, but we may adopt at our next assignment. When all our children are in school we have talked about fostering children, too. BUT no more pregnancies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melilo

There are two things that I miss the most being pregnant. Tuna (sushi) and beer. I'm a total beer snob.
I feel you! I love beer! I especially love fall beers. I smell my husband's whenever he opens one. Mmm...

Afm: we are going camping this weekend because our house and dogs have fleas. So we are bombing the house and leaving for the weekend...
Old 10-04-2012, 07:33 PM   #83
4dramamama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma

I am due on the 22nd--That is a good idea. I am ashamed I could not come up with that myself. I lack thinking power during pregnancy. It drives dh nuts bc he is a problem solver and he can not figure out why I am not esp during pregnancy, which I have been basically pregnant throughout our whole marriage. He is in for a surprise once we stop having children. !
I'm on #6 and I NEVER would have come up with that. So smart!

It's super easy this time since I'm due on the 1st.
Beth, Christian mama of 5 (expecting #6 Spring 2013).
Check out my blog Heart Stirred with Wisdom
4dramamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:45 PM   #84
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by melilo View Post
I don't think I will dress up any more. I'm just always disappointed with how it comes out.

Plus, I won't get to go and have fun (a.k.a. a few beers) because I'm pregnant. Man.

There are two things that I miss the most being pregnant. Tuna (sushi) and beer. I'm a total beer snob.
sushi and beer!!!! Football season in full swing!! Beeeeeer.

I buy our costumes at tbe.consignment sale or make them!!
ds wants to be a vampire and im makjng a tulle ghost dress for dd. We do trunk or treat at church and.go to dh's work and this year the botanic garden is doing their costume parade.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:54 PM   #85
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
I am due on the 22nd--That is a good idea. I am ashamed I could not come up with that myself. I lack thinking power during pregnancy.
I kwym. I'm dumb as a brick while pregnant

So, you were 2 months pregnant on Sept 22nd. You'll be 2.5 months along about Oct 7 or 8, and 3 months along on Oct 22nd .
I always keep track of weeks, for my own knowledge, but figuring out the months and halves make it a little easier when random people ask how far along you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
This is me, too! This is our last pregnancy, regardless of outcome, but we may adopt at our next assignment. When all our children are in school we have talked about fostering children, too. BUT no more pregnancies.

Afm: we are going camping this weekend because our house and dogs have fleas. So we are bombing the house and leaving for the weekend...
We've definitely talked about fostering, but I would only want to foster infants/toddlers, and only after all the kids are older - I need them to be able to understand that those babies aren't ours and to be able to let go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dramamama View Post
It's super easy this time since I'm due on the 1st.
'x' months along every 1st, and 'x and a half' months every 15th! Easy peasy!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:26 PM   #86
rverrone11
Registered Users
seller
seller

We get our costumes at a thrift shop or I make them. For the last two years, DD1 has been a cheetah. She asked to be a cheetah again the other day because she said she likes cheetahs. Umm, okay. All she ever talks about are horses and dogs. She pretends to be them every day. She never talks about cheetahs. But we probably won't decide on a costume until a few days before.

As for trick or treating... live in a town of about 100 people. There is a post office, bar, mine, and library in town (no gas station or store). We go trick or treating to those businesses with school because it is a tradition (seems weird that we would take a school trick or treating to a bar, but that's how it's always been done around here). The kids get a ton of candy just from that. After school we go trick or treating around town, and because there are only 20 kids in town, everyone is very generous with the candy. We are also going to a gold mine just outside of town to go trick or treating (they are also doing some fire safety and mine safety while we are there). Last year we got over 20 lbs of candy between my two girls. I usually dig through it, throw anything with gelatin away, keep the good stuff for me, and the girls will get a piece or two a day until they forget about it.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:39 PM   #87
mapleleaf88
Registered Users
seller

I had to share... Today at school they had a Halloween costume sale, and were selling costumes for $2 each. So my stepson was all echoed about this teddy bear costume he had seen for his baby brother. I picked him up from school today expecting him to have it, and he told me this: "somebody else bought the teddy bear costume, and I was really disappointed. But, I decided to look for a different costume and I found a horse! So I bought it for Kai, because who wears a horse costume?! It's hilarious!" This kid cracks me up - and he's only 6. Later in the day he called him "Angrykin Kaiwalker" when he was throwing a little fit over not getting more cookies. Then he looked at me and said "get it? Instead of Anakin Skywalker?! Cuz he's being angry! And his name is Kai! Hahahahaha"
Old 10-04-2012, 09:55 PM   #88
4dramamama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf88
I had to share... Today at school they had a Halloween costume sale, and were selling costumes for $2 each. So my stepson was all echoed about this teddy bear costume he had seen for his baby brother. I picked him up from school today expecting him to have it, and he told me this: "somebody else bought the teddy bear costume, and I was really disappointed. But, I decided to look for a different costume and I found a horse! So I bought it for Kai, because who wears a horse costume?! It's hilarious!" This kid cracks me up - and he's only 6. Later in the day he called him "Angrykin Kaiwalker" when he was throwing a little fit over not getting more cookies. Then he looked at me and said "get it? Instead of Anakin Skywalker?! Cuz he's being angry! And his name is Kai! Hahahahaha"
Ok, that kid is smart AND funny!
Beth, Christian mama of 5 (expecting #6 Spring 2013).
Check out my blog Heart Stirred with Wisdom
4dramamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:17 PM   #89
mapleleaf88
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dramamama

Ok, that kid is smart AND funny!
He takes after his step mother. She's pretty funny and incredibly smart. She's been an awesome example to him the last 4.5 years, apparently.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:06 AM   #90
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf88
Thats funny and adorable! What a good older brother.