Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-03-2012, 10:38 PM   #21
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Why am I scared of gerber?

I have some that I'm waiting to donate for a food drive at the kids school. Perhaps I should go get my 60 for the month and just wait for the food drive. My kids are bound to win at that pace. Honestly, I don't like it either. My son doesn't even like them. He'll eat anything I give him, but refuses pureed foods.

Advertisement

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:32 AM   #22
Palooka
Registered Users
Formerly: jenn.***
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry Caterpillar
We were gifted a bunch of gerber pureed carrots, peas, etc. One of my dogs ate them when he had a nasty bug. He loved them
Ha ha ha!
Palooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:10 AM   #23
nickiep
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Why would someone put pork in oatmeal. I mean just thinking about it makes me ill. i can't even image why pork/gelatin is a filler in oatmeal. Oatmeal is fine on its own and fills up a bag/bowl just fine.
nickiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:31 PM   #24
pioneergirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good for you for not trusting Gerber!!

Also, so you know, babies have trouble with grains. So you might not need to have the oatmeal in their diet. I'm not trying to sway you. Just food for thought.

Hehe... "food" for thought.

Okay, I'm done...
pioneergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:43 PM   #25
Palooka
Registered Users
Formerly: jenn.***
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneergirl
Good for you for not trusting Gerber!!

Also, so you know, babies have trouble with grains. So you might not need to have the oatmeal in their diet. I'm not trying to sway you. Just food for thought.

Hehe... "food" for thought.

Okay, I'm done...
that's an interesting point. We have a very skinny baby and I noticed when I started solids his weight gain doubled. He gets a big bowl of home-pureed fruit and baby oatmeal (earths best) each morning since he was 7 months. I've always sort of attributed his gain to that, don't know why.
Palooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:14 PM   #26
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Tell her you make your bb food and you decided you weren't going to use it so she can give it to her other friends. Otherwise if you are going to do FFS, see how many you can put in a med flat rate box, if it's more than 10 then its at least how much it costs in the store.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:33 PM   #27
treehugger2012
Registered Users

I do the same thing! I got a whole bunch of baby food and gave it to my someone else who has a baby the same age as mine. I just can't bring myself to buy it or even give my dd some. I would rather take the time to make my own and KNOW that it is good for her.
treehugger2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:55 PM   #28
Teddyandnick
Registered Users
seller
seller

I also refused to use Gerber. When I was pregnant with my first, my parents got me the Beaba babycook and I used that to make all of his meals. He loved getting fresh meals every time. I did buy 3 jars of earths best to put in his diaper bag in case we ever needed them while we were out and about. Right before they were about to expire, I tried to feed them to him and he wouldn't eat them. I didn't want him having any processed foods or foods with fillers. I felt much better knowing that I knew every ingredient in his food.
Teddyandnick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:42 PM   #29
My_Tree_Grows
Registered Users
Formerly: em**nti
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momgoddess View Post
I boycott Nestle and have done so for over 10 years, and Gerber is owned by Nestle so I don't buy ANYTHING by Gerber.
Old 12-25-2012, 06:17 AM   #30
lovebear
Registered Users

I never tried feeding my babies with Gerber because I don't trust the ingredients that were put in the jar. Just plain porridge with some ginger and minced chicken bits and the kids love eating them!
lovebear is offline   Reply With Quote