Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-25-2012, 02:14 PM   #31
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
I dunno. I was never scared to use jarred food, but I made all my own purees before we switched to just doing BLW.

Just seemed unnecessary to spend the extra money to buy what I could make easily enough.

Advertisement

Old 12-25-2012, 03:56 PM   #32
JadeScarlet
Registered Users

Re: Why am I scared of gerber?

Its easy enough to make a fruit or vegetable puree at home. We've always done tablefood, except maybe for the first few months when we did simple purees. My son goes through phases where he wants his table food whizzed in the blender. We also travel a lot, so I do get Happybaby or Ella's Kitchen pouches for the road. My son loves those too. I've tried them also and they do taste like real food. A little bland, but okay.

I don't think we ever tried anything gerber. I've tried a few other brands - they say carrots on the package but they taste like someone took some carrots, boiled them for 100 hours until all flavor was gone and all that was left was tasteless mush.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:45 PM   #33
KatrinaLoves
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Why am I scared of gerber?

Some (most?) of their organic items contain FISH OIL, barf! I don't care what their "beneficial" reasons are, it's disgusting.
KatrinaLoves is offline   Reply With Quote