Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-02-2012, 10:48 PM   #51
MrsAsh
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Annoyed at church member regarding her statement to me on BFing....Advice?

I use a cover from WalMart that is cheaper then the "shipping" on the Uddercovers and it covers sides and back, I really like it! For my personal comfort I use the nursery, some times the door is open though. Our church is small so that I can hear even with the door closed and no speakers.

Advertisement

Old 10-02-2012, 10:57 PM   #52
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

The way I am, I would probably go and nurse coverless from now on. Covering is relatively new..I doubt Mary nursed Jesus with a cover. Clearly she is the one who has a breast issue, not the men around.
And my vintage shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/usedbutnotabused
waterisntsomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:58 PM   #53
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

DP
And my vintage shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/usedbutnotabused

Last edited by waterisntsomething; 10-05-2012 at 09:06 PM.
waterisntsomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:56 PM   #54
finleyjudemommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would say until God HIMSELF comes to Earth and tells you to put your boobs away during church....Go for it!! I see nothing wrong with it at all. I would be ticked as well but she'll get over it....
Old 10-05-2012, 01:14 AM   #55
anne_josh
Registered Users
seller

I bet Mary had a hooter hider when she fed Jesus. Oh wait.. probably not.

I would completely ignore her.
anne_josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:37 PM   #56
Greenbabybottoms
Registered Users
seller
seller

I would be upset. I have nursed all f my babies in church frequently and I do not use a cover, I've also nursed while accepting communion many times. The priest have still continued to bless my babies and I'm sure it's pretty obvious they were nursing. When my second was a few months old our priest actually said something about nursing during mass, I'm assuming there had been an issue of some sort but don't know exactly what but he said that he understood there were many nursing moms in our church community and he hoped they all knew they were welcome to nurse wherever they felt most comfortable in church. That mass is the time to recognize the gifts god gave to us and that nursing our babies is one of those gifts,
Old 10-05-2012, 08:07 PM   #57
themamageek
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle_M View Post
Thanks ladies.
I just don't see what the big deal is if I'm completely covered.

I could understand it if I wasn't using a cover and people were getting little mini-flashes of my boobs, ya know?

I'm going to use the coupon code at Udder Covers to get a free nursing cover (you just pay their ridiculously high shipping charge of almost $12.00 lol)... and see if having an actual cover will make nursing more discreet.

1. I am not nursing my baby in the bathroom.

2. I shouldn't have to miss service to feed my child... if that's the case there is no point in going

In FACT... maybe I'll stay home next week.. and when the pastor and the Sunday School teacher ask where I am... have my DH tell them "Well, since she's not allowed to nurse in service, even if she's COMPLETELY covered up, she figured she'd stay home. If she has to miss the service to go feed the baby, then she said there was no point in coming."

Passive agressive...? Maybe... but it'll get the point across. LOL And then when they say "Oh no, nursing isn't a problem if she's covered." Then the next time she says something to me I can say "Well, pastor said it's fine if I'm covered."

*sigh*

So.. yeah... I'll order an Udder Cover tomorrow after DH gets paid... then we'll go from there.

God bless!
I wouldn't spend a dime because of that woman. A blanket is more discreet than you need to be.

Just because there are men in the congregation that cannot control their "urges" (yeah. right.) does not mean you are doing anything wrong. You're not responsible for their "sin".
themamageek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:24 PM   #58
crunchymamaNY
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Wow, that is so sad. We as women shouldn't even have to cover up, and there is still people out there that treat us like we are doing something wrong when all we want to do is naturally feed our babies.

It's people like that in which keeps breastfeeding a dirty name.

I think if your baby is hungry, feed him, and you should never ever feel ashamed about it.

You are AWESOME!!! Feed the baby, and don't do that on a toilet in a public restroom.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:18 PM   #59
dolphingirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenbabybottoms View Post
I would be upset. I have nursed all f my babies in church frequently and I do not use a cover, I've also nursed while accepting communion many times. The priest have still continued to bless my babies and I'm sure it's pretty obvious they were nursing. When my second was a few months old our priest actually said something about nursing during mass, I'm assuming there had been an issue of some sort but don't know exactly what but he said that he understood there were many nursing moms in our church community and he hoped they all knew they were welcome to nurse wherever they felt most comfortable in church. That mass is the time to recognize the gifts god gave to us and that nursing our babies is one of those gifts,
That is fantastic!
dolphingirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:38 PM   #60
oldmomma
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko View Post
You can tell her your pretty sure Abraham didn't send his wife away to hide out in the bush when she breastfed Isaac. Not only that but breastfeeding is mentioned several times in the bible. I am pretty sure God is quite comfortable with women breastfeeding their babies.
OH Yeah!! Quote the bible. That is awesome!!!
oldmomma is offline   Reply With Quote