Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-01-2012, 10:22 AM   #141
Dayzee1081
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
just got a phone call from the surgeon's office my consultation is on the ninth - the gallbladder is definitely coming out for sure, just have to schedule the appointment at that consultation...

Advertisement

Dayzee1081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:34 AM   #142
EskimoStitches
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: KAL ~ Knit for the love of it! Sept 30 - Oct 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom View Post
darn wrong smilies but I did get a chuckle over them sorry

poor pixie. Em has been dealing with a wet cough for a week now. Really need to pull out the nebulizer to see if that will help her

love the wip pictures and the finished pics.

sorry about working late Dani and Karyn

oh no Karyn I've had a few "redo" days that I just want to rewind and try it again.

sounds like a yummy dinner shannon, even if I don't like fish or lamb or alcohol

think I'll co a HH today, was going to do it last night but I was tired. Then I need to make a monkey bday shirt for my niece for this weekend. And a shirt for Emily's outfit. And then 4 owl stuffies for a swap (need those done by wednesday)

playpark this morning, but we will most likely come home after dropping Steven off at school to "wake up" before heading to playpark.

okay doing 2 at a time with the hh...I'd just have them both on a dpn and work with two different skiens correct? Figure that will help it go quicker and I won't get bored

I just use both ends of the same skein but otherwise I just put them on the same dpn and do them at the same time. Makes for effortless same length cords cause I do not pay attention when I knit them I just do them on auto pilot and check my length every once in a while.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:38 AM   #143
knibert
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayzee1081 View Post
just got a phone call from the surgeon's office my consultation is on the ninth - the gallbladder is definitely coming out for sure, just have to schedule the appointment at that consultation...
I just preregisterd for mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by EskimoStitches View Post
I just use both ends of the same skein but otherwise I just put them on the same dpn and do them at the same time. Makes for effortless same length cords cause I do not pay attention when I knit them I just do them on auto pilot and check my length every once in a while.
I should do this..I always just hold one cord up to the other..mine are probably never exact--ah well, just cords.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:08 AM   #144
Dayzee1081
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
is there a tutorial for this 2-at-a-time I-cord somewhere? it sounds easier than just eyeing it
Dayzee1081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:13 AM   #145
Scaethach
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by msuk2girl View Post
We had an awesome dinner!!!

We shared a bottle of prosecco, and dinner was potato croquetes, lamb lollipops, and seared ahi tuna. Everything was TDF. For dessert we shared a guinness cupcake with Jamison and baileys frosting. I really just wanted a bowl of the frosting... but it was delicious!!!!!!!

I knit in the car. We did quite a bit of driving around to drop Brianna off and get uptown. Charlotte is really big!
Sounds yummy! Love ahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by danigrace05 View Post
The good thing is I get time and a half for anything over 8 hours a Day.
Go you! Spinning wheel fund?

Quote:
Oktoberfest...

He was there for 12 hours. Giant (as in seats thousands) pavilions lines with picnicy type tables. Expensive cheap beer (they told him it was the stuff that gives you a headache). Expensive food. They sit and listen to the polka bands until 6 or 7, then there is a US cover band. Once everyone starts getting drunk they stand up on their seats and jump (dance?) for the rest of the night. The guys kept trying to get Nick to join them in belting out "It's Raining Men".

So definitely an experience... but sounds like one we wouldn't try too hard to get into
Yeah that sounds interesting, but ...

Quote:
is there a tutorial for this 2-at-a-time I-cord somewhere? it sounds easier than just eyeing it
Should be the same as 2 at a time socks, just a smaller tube. There are lots of tutorials out there for 2 at a time socks, or even 2 at a time longies legs if you google fu a bit

Pixie is still in rough shape but she was only up 4x last night instead of 6. Pi on the other hand caught it and woke up screaming and sobbing because he couldn't breathe at least that many times too
Like my Facebook! Etsy
Scaethach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:18 AM   #146
EskimoStitches
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayzee1081
It is exactly the same as 1aat just twice on the same needle.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:23 AM   #147
msuk2girl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yea I just can't wrap my head around that. If I ever need to I'll be able to but right now it's baffling, lol.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:30 AM   #148
EskimoStitches
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

You CO 4 stitches from one end of the cake. You CO 4 stitches from the other end of the cake. You icord those first 4 with the correct working yarn, switch working yarns and icord the other 4. Repeat to proper length.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:42 AM   #149
Scaethach
Registered Users
seller
seller

I ordered Pixie her pitterpat shoes I can't wait for them to get here!
Like my Facebook! Etsy
Scaethach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:00 PM   #150
808mamaof3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Morning! Going to be a busy one today. My partner at work is out, as well as our "student" therapist so I'm flying solo and have a crapton to do on top of therapy. I'll be scarce today. Bleh for Mondays!

On a happy note, today is DH and my anniversary! He got called into work early (4AM) so he sent a cute text since he wasn't able to call when I woke up. We'll probably celebrate on Friday...not sure if I can get someone to watch the kids so it might be a family dinner. Thinking Italian.

Need to schedule E's follow up with his ped (I'm secretly hoping I don't need an appt. to pay a co-pay and have the doc say he's okay). No bad swelling and he wasn't in pain. He actually thought it was neat to be in the hosptial ER just like his favorite episode of Bubble Guppies.

Hope to get to through the gusset of my ls longies at lunch and post a WIP pic later. I think it might be more of a true small than nb size, but I love how the colorway is working up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaethach View Post
She's got some kind of upper respiratory nastiness going on
Poor Pixie, hope she feels better soon!

Quote:
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Eski...the-hudson-hat

I learned SO much from this hat... but Mr. Dude has not taken it off since it was finished so I would call it a WIN!
Aw, so sweet! Great job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaethach View Post

LOVE! on the smilies

Quote:
Originally Posted by knibert View Post
I had such a day yesterday. Didn't get off work until 7:30! My gf texted me that she got beat up (in a girl fight!). Z and C wrote all over the house w/some unwashable markers they found "I don't know where" while I was in the shower last night and wrote all over walls, tables, floors and of course the BG I had sitting out ready to put on Z for the night Everything came off fairly well w/the magic eraser..but it is not budging off the dipe. Warning: possibly TMI>>>>And to top things off I have some kind of vag infection again. At least I figured out what I am allergic to. A few days ago we used new lube and it is def that. Note to self.....only astrogllide for me! So I have to call the GYN in 20 minutes and see if they can get me in.
Hope today gets better and that infection goes away. We can only use astroglide too. I don't get infections, but I'm allergic to other lubes...lets just say being itchy and burning "down there" in unscratchable places is not fun...

Would bleach get the marker off the diaper?

Quote:
We had an awesome dinner!!!

We shared a bottle of prosecco, and dinner was potato croquetes, lamb lollipops, and seared ahi tuna. Everything was TDF. For dessert we shared a guinness cupcake with Jamison and baileys frosting. I really just wanted a bowl of the frosting... but it was delicious!!!!!!!

I knit in the car. We did quite a bit of driving around to drop Brianna off and get uptown. Charlotte is really big!
Yay for a great dinner...LOVE lamb. Nom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom View Post

think I'll co a HH today, was going to do it last night but I was tired. Then I need to make a monkey bday shirt for my niece for this weekend. And a shirt for Emily's outfit. And then 4 owl stuffies for a swap (need those done by wednesday)

playpark this morning, but we will most likely come home after dropping Steven off at school to "wake up" before heading to playpark.

okay doing 2 at a time with the hh...I'd just have them both on a dpn and work with two different skiens correct? Figure that will help it go quicker and I won't get bored
Never thought to do 2aat with a hh hat. Talk about banging out projects efficiently! I bet that would really help with pooling too. Genius!

Quote:
Oktoberfest...

He was there for 12 hours. Giant (as in seats thousands) pavilions lines with picnicy type tables. Expensive cheap beer (they told him it was the stuff that gives you a headache). Expensive food. They sit and listen to the polka bands until 6 or 7, then there is a US cover band. Once everyone starts getting drunk they stand up on their seats and jump (dance?) for the rest of the night. The guys kept trying to get Nick to join them in belting out "It's Raining Men".

So definitely an experience... but sounds like one we wouldn't try too hard to get into
Reminds me of college days, minus the German and polka bands

Quote:
Hope your consultation goes well! Yay for yummy pancakes and sandwiches!

Quote:
Doh! Genius again! I bet you could do TWO hh in 2 days if you did 2aat icords (twice), then put all 4 on a long cable and did 2aat hh.