Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-02-2012, 12:28 PM   #311
Scaethach
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: KAL ~ Knit for the love of it! Sept 30 - Oct 6

I always had to sign an opt-out form at the hospital I worked for too. Usually with the OB/Gyn too. Thankfully my midwives don't encourage them, I realized I had been mentally prepping myself for that battle and then realized I don't need to and felt the weight lift off my shoulders, even though I hadn't realized it was there. Silly huh?

Advertisement

Like my Facebook! Etsy
Scaethach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:29 PM   #312
Aidensmommalove
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by danigrace05
So many things I want to work on today, but noooo, I must clean and teach since C thinks that elves clean the house while he's at work. :eyeroll:
Nothing has been touched while I worked all weekend. I get that he works during the week and wants to relax on the weekends, but dang. I want to relax too.
Quote:
Is there a way to search a project gallery for a certain size and yarn used?
I am off on the weekends too but unfortunately the house needs to be cleaned, laundry needs to be washed and folded and all the while spend quality time with ds.....it's difficult juggling everything.

Quote:
My rogue yarn finally arrived.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom
knitting cat in the hat is on again
What's that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by knibert

I have such a hard time envisioning what fiber will look like spun..I can't wait to see what this turn into (as yarn)

What a romantic...I dont have one of those..AT ALL!

I like this one. I do have a few faved. I really like the austin hoodie. I hope to make one someday.

don't like this one as much

aww, hope they don't hurt too much

I first read this as YOU got called in at 4am and i"m like why does a school SLP get called in at 4am. the re read made a whole lot more sense. Now you know what will be on the schedule tonight

Yes, I have one of these dh's. The house looks like a tornado (most times) I get home on Sundays.

pretty

Z would like this, I'll have to see if they have it on demand.

Carolyn...where is your MQ? Please take a break! You are making us all look bad

My infection is terrible. I had womanly bit infections!

I CO my hat last night in peace and quiet and still managed to mess it up. I was only a few rows into the ribbing and decided just to frog. It is very dark blue yarn and its so hard to tell waht is going on. Makes me wonder if I should try to trade my blue/black madtosh vintage for a med blue. I have a feeling I would enjoy knitting the med blue much better. The navy is def "my" color but if knitting it makes me crazy, med blue may just be better all around. I think I will look for a trade on Rav.
for sickies

I always have the same problem cause i never know what fiber week look like spun up either lol

And i dislike knitting with dark solids too i just can't SEE it too well so it's not appealing to me :/

Quote:
I stopped and got DH a starbucks on the way home and they gave me the wrong thing

I called and they knew they made a mistake...next time I come in I am supposed to tell them that Jesus said I can have a new one...the hispanic pronunciation of course, but still
Lol i want Jesus to give me a chai latte on the house

Quote:
Originally Posted by msuk2girl
B peed a bit on the carpet this morning, freaked out and ran to the potty and peed there. YAY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayzee1081
Still knitting away on the Hudson hat #1 - it seems to be the never-ensign hat. Why is this hat (seemingly) taking so much longer than my plain rubbed edged stocking cap? Haha! I've been knitting on it for about an hour now and have a whole nother inch done so it is getting there - slowly but surely. I've decided I'm just going to neck and neck and neck as much as I can and if I don't get all for hats finish for Christmas I will just give them all over the year as a birthday presents, and do something else for Christmas. I would really love to get all of them finish for Christmas but if I don't then that's okay too I don't want to burn out on Hudson hats hehe. I found a new market bag that I want to make for my mother in law either for Christmas or her birthday next year and she said that my father in law mentioned really wanting a scarf from me so, I will try to get that in sometime this winter too...so it looks like I got my plate full, full, full with my knitting for the next couple months. I love having people want my knitting though and maybe.with all this knitting practice I will get quite a bit faster and will be able to turn these projects out quicker. Ok, enough chatter, back to knitting before MIL comes to get me for my bday lunch - I'm thinking Applebees for a chicken salad!
Just keep knitting, knitting, knitting

Quote:

I do those and then forget to use them. HOw do you get a free bday drink..sign up for a maling list or something. Better check the site.
Im wondering the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtytot
Happy birthday Katie!
Happy bday katie, sorry i must have missed the post about it but !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msuk2girl
Holy crap!!! Twice Brianna peed in the potty this morning, and she usually poops while shes messing around in her room before nap. I explained to her if she needed to poop, she needed to go in her potty, since she wouldn't be wearing a diaper.

So I'm in the room with A, and all of a sudden I hear "I did"!! I went in there and she had pooped right in the potty!!!

I am SO impressed with her right now. I had also promised that daddy would take her for a new toy tonight if she pooped in the potty... so now he has an assignment.

This is her first intentional potty poop (she had one at 6 months when she was trying to pee.)
That is impressive, she's doing great! Totally deserves a new toy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookedByCarolyn
I just got back from my midwife appt. Baby sounded good, hr 156bpm. I gained EIGHT stinkin pounds in 1 month! Can you tell my morning sickness is gone? Lol I got a flu shot. My arm hurts. I won't be doing much today but I DO plan on finishing the hootie who. I took it with me to my appt and the nurses went crazy over it.
for baby, for booboo and for hootie who. Lol

My pediatrician LOVED whenever i brought my knitting, she was a beginner knitter and loved oogling the yummy handpainted yarn

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookedByCarolyn

Oh, I see. Well Logan can get naked with the quickness! He likes to strip and throw diapers at me when he's tantruming. He likes to pee in random objects. sigh. He can hold his bladder, and can pull clothes up and down, BUT he's a bit of a brat. lmao It's a battle of wills. I'm letting him win for now.
The brat parts sounds like my ds lol but i love his strong personality
Old 10-02-2012, 12:33 PM   #313
Aidensmommalove
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EskimoStitches
I don't ever get the flu shot. Rb won't be anymore now that he is retired and the kids have only ever gotten the shot once because it was required for respite care which we got when RB was in the wtb (but never used, shoulda not gotten the shot). We vax almost fully but we have always opted out of the "might be beneficial" and annual vaccines.
Im am so afraid of my ds getting the mmr shot, i keep postponing it but he needs to get a check up and the new pediatrician is making me sign a form if i don't get the shot done the next time we are there
Old 10-02-2012, 12:33 PM   #314
bellybellybuttons
Registered Users
Formerly: boobybaby
seller
seller

My Mood:

Almost done with the woodland friends Einstein just need to add the collar and make buttons. ;0)

Need to make trick or treat bags.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:37 PM   #315
Aidensmommalove
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellybellybuttons

Almost done with the woodland friends Einstein just need to add the collar and make buttons. ;0)

Look great Any idea what kinda buttons your gonna make?
Old 10-02-2012, 12:40 PM   #316
msuk2girl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Looks great Melissa!!

My mom said they got B a Tinkerbell purse. I'll see it next week and then decide whether it can work for her treat bag.

Who has good suggestions for healthy, reasonably priced, single serve treats to hand out at Halloween? We have a Costco. I love annies bunnies, but those will crush in TOT bags.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:54 PM   #317
knibert
Registered Users
seller
seller

Love that sweater! You must have magic hands...that worked up great, maybe it was the perfect size for the yarn?

yay for a good appt Carolyn and by the pix you have shown us, I am sure no one was concerned about the wt gain. You looked great to me! Can;t wait to see a squish in that hootie...is was so cute last time you posted the WIP, I know exactly why the nurses gushed over it.

Yay B! My kids were all pretty easy to day train, they all really did it w/o much help from me. I still have both boys in night dipes though....sigh. Pretzels for treats? granonla bars? kids like candy though, so be forwarned.

I don't get the flu shot and have to sign a waiver at work. I can't ever remember having the flu in my adult life (or child life either for that matter). We have only gotten it for the kids once...DD got really sick. She got the flu last year though..or was that the year before. Was out of school for a week. Problem is..her yearly appts are usually after flu season and stay away from that office like the plague if there is not a reason to go there. So I don' t make a special trip for flu shots
Old 10-02-2012, 12:56 PM   #318
knibert
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by msuk2girl View Post
Yeah free birthday beverage!! I jsut remembered I have a starbucks survey to do for a free drink. Every time I buy starbucks at the Harris Teeter I get a survey.
this is the wrong quote..but thanks Karen for the starbucks info. I am going to have to get that app. Gotta tell DH too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellybellybuttons View Post

i just love this!

my kids use the plastic pumpkins
Old 10-02-2012, 12:58 PM   #319
808mamaof3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by knibert View Post
this is the wrong quote..but thanks Karen for the starbucks info. I am going to have to get that app. Gotta tell DH too!

i just love this!

my kids use the plastic pumpkins
We have those awful plastic pumpkins too. I keep tossing them...and people keep buying them. Its like a plague that won't go away.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:02 PM   #320
knibert
Registered Users
seller
seller

mmm, I just tried the yobaby pumpkin and banana yougut. I put pumpkin pie spice in it, it's yummy