Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-02-2012, 01:44 PM   #351
808mamaof3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: KAL ~ Knit for the love of it! Sept 30 - Oct 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by msuk2girl View Post
But, that's a great plan. We'll bring it with us in the wagon. In fact, I can make a wetbag for it, like my EC friend has.
We have this in our minivan: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/re.../dp/B0016L0MMS

E's been super easy with potty learning, but after one accidental flush from an automatic toilet (darn me for forgetting to cover the sensor), he refuses to use public restrooms so he's been asking to go to the "car potty." Its a PITA to leave wherever we're at, but its better than changing diapers and at least he's telling us that he needs to go. My C was afraid of public restrooms for awhile so we bought that potty. He eventually outgrew that fear and now E has got it. Doh.

We usually go potty before we leave home and before we leave some place unless E needs the car potty instead.

After 2 days of just underwear, E didn't like the feeling of being in wet undies and caught on quickly.

Advertisement

Old 10-02-2012, 01:46 PM   #352
EskimoStitches
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Ours was just a regular potty but when I was pt the older two, amazon was hardly but a dream in the sky. Lol.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:54 PM   #353
808mamaof3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Okay, thinking outloud, but give me your knitting opinion please:

I keep checking the size of my linen stitch longies. Since I was using gaia worsted (dk-ish weight) I followed the small size pattern and used size 9s as I knit tightly and figured it would turn out newborn. When working the butt, I swear it was only 14-15 in waist, which is fine, but now that I'm on the legs and the linen stitch is spread out, I'm getting more like 16

I really like how the CW has been playing out and while I'm planning on this being a part of her coming home outfit...my newbies chunk up really quick (within 2-3 weeks). Both boys tended to have short rises and fat butts and thighs...so I'm thinking:

knitting a strip of "fabric" with button holes so I will add two buttons spaced about 2-3 inches away in the upper butt area to button and gather making the hips smaller and adjustable (when I take off the band). I was also thinking of knitting the legs the length of a small, and again adding another button to each leg so I can roll up and button the length. The rise is about 12 inches which I figure *should* be okay as my fatties have short torsos.

Am I overthinking this? Should I just suck it up buttercup and frog my whole dang WIP? Or...Do you think my idea might work to fit newbie and "grow" with her to get more use?
Old 10-02-2012, 01:57 PM   #354
808mamaof3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EskimoStitches View Post
Ours was just a regular potty but when I was pt the older two, amazon was hardly but a dream in the sky. Lol.
Although not super cloth diaper/resuable like, the potty has these disposable bags (basically a grocery bag with absorbent paper towel on the inside) that you toss after a "load." The refills don't really break the bank as we only use it on weekends. I bet you could go all green and make a wetbag to attach and then spray/launder as a diaper...but after not needing to wash diapers, I'm THAT lazy.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:04 PM   #355
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

congrats to B!

happy bday K!

S, what about the cliff brand fruit ropes...they sell those at costco.

yay for new shoes F!

sorry for the shot, but yay for great baby C!

okay I'm going to sleep now
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:04 PM   #356
HookedByCarolyn
Registered Users
Formerly: shaneNspencersmommy
seller
seller

My Mood:
I should probably just put Logan in underwear and actually train him. Sounds like too much work to do while pregnant with a newborn. But having 3 in diapers sounds worse. Hmmm

Taking a break from knitting to feed baby. She's started making an awful popping sound while drinking her bottle lately. I can't make her stop no matter how I adjust it! It goes right through me!
Old 10-02-2012, 02:04 PM   #357
EskimoStitches
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808mamaof2

Although not super cloth diaper/resuable like, the potty has these disposable bags (basically a grocery bag with absorbent paper towel on the inside) that you toss after a "load." The refills don't really break the bank as we only use it on weekends. I bet you could go all green and make a wetbag to attach and then spray/launder as a diaper...but after not needing to wash diapers, I'm THAT lazy.
We just used a potty and I would walk it into a public restroom or the house to dump. We don't carry the potty anymore because by the time I was pt 3 and 4, I had older kids I could have watch the babies if/when I had to rush a kid to the potty. For the boys and pee, they could also use water or soda bottles ICE.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:08 PM   #358
EskimoStitches
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookedByCarolyn
I should probably just put Logan in underwear and actually train him. Sounds like too much work to do while pregnant with a newborn. But having 3 in diapers sounds worse. Hmmm

Taking a break from knitting to feed baby. She's started making an awful popping sound while drinking her bottle lately. I can't make her stop no matter how I adjust it! It goes right through me!
Sounds like bad position of her tongue. Do you use big nipples that are usually sold as closest to the breast style or the smaller ones that usually go on the long skinny bottles? My babies could never get good positioning on the small nipples, we could only use big round ones and Avent style were the only ones they really liked.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:08 PM   #359
HookedByCarolyn
Registered Users
Formerly: shaneNspencersmommy
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808mamaof2
Okay, thinking outloud, but give me your knitting opinion please:

I keep checking the size of my linen stitch longies. Since I was using gaia worsted (dk-ish weight) I followed the small size pattern and used size 9s as I knit tightly and figured it would turn out newborn. When working the butt, I swear it was only 14-15 in waist, which is fine, but now that I'm on the legs and the linen stitch is spread out, I'm getting more like 16

I really like how the CW has been playing out and while I'm planning on this being a part of her coming home outfit...my newbies chunk up really quick (within 2-3 weeks). Both boys tended to have short rises and fat butts and thighs...so I'm thinking:

knitting a strip of "fabric" with button holes so I will add two buttons spaced about 2-3 inches away in the upper butt area to button and gather making the hips smaller and adjustable (when I take off the band). I was also thinking of knitting the legs the length of a small, and again adding another button to each leg so I can roll up and button the length. The rise is about 12 inches which I figure *should* be okay as my fatties have short torsos.

Am I overthinking this? Should I just suck it up buttercup and frog my whole dang WIP? Or...Do you think my idea might work to fit newbie and "grow" with her to get more use?
I really wouldn't worry about them being a little wide. Will they have a drawstring waist? I'd just make the rise and inseam newborn size and let them be.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:11 PM   #360
808mamaof3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookedByCarolyn View Post
I really wouldn't worry about them being a little wide. Will they have a drawstring waist? I'd just make the rise and inseam newborn size and let them be.
The waistband is tapered so between 12-13 inches (newbie sized). I was going to just add a button to button down the umbilical cord...but I'm sure I could run an icord through the purl stitches if need be.

Thanks for your input, totally appreciate it