Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-02-2012, 02:11 PM   #361
HookedByCarolyn
Registered Users
Formerly: shaneNspencersmommy
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EskimoStitches

Sounds like bad position of her tongue. Do you use big nipples that are usually sold as closest to the breast style or the smaller ones that usually go on the long skinny bottles? My babies could never get good positioning on the small nipples, we could only use big round ones and Avent style were the only ones they really liked.
We use nuk brand bottles and pacifiers. They are wide based. She just started making the noise. Never had a problem before. Maybe is time for the bigger size? Though the bigger ones say they are for 6 months, but that's just an estimate, right?

Advertisement

Old 10-02-2012, 02:14 PM   #362
HookedByCarolyn
Registered Users
Formerly: shaneNspencersmommy
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808mamaof2

The waistband is tapered so between 12-13 inches (newbie sized). I was going to just add a button to button down the umbilical cord...but I'm sure I could run an icord through the purl stitches if need be.

Thanks for your input, totally appreciate it
Hmmm, I bet no drawstring has its rewards though. Newbies don't move around much, so they would be less likely to fall down. Idk... Maybe some more seasoned knitters have some ideas.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:17 PM   #363
808mamaof3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: KAL ~ Knit for the love of it! Sept 30 - Oct 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookedByCarolyn View Post
Hmmm, I bet no drawstring has its rewards though. Newbies don't move around much, so they would be less likely to fall down. Idk... Maybe some more seasoned knitters have some ideas.
Thanks!

Fi....woman... Where are you?!
Old 10-02-2012, 02:17 PM   #364
EskimoStitches
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookedByCarolyn

We use nuk brand bottles and pacifiers. They are wide based. She just started making the noise. Never had a problem before. Maybe is time for the bigger size? Though the bigger ones say they are for 6 months, but that's just an estimate, right?
The "older" ones just have bigger holes for the nipples the pasci actually does have a bigger size. I would say take the nipple completely out and try burping and then go back and try again. It might just be her picking up a bad habit. My oldest liked to pacify on his tongue and he would get mad if you interrupted that with a nipple and he would make a click when he fed because it was like his protest and trying to keep sucking on his tongue. I would just try to distract him and then... Sneak attack!
Old 10-02-2012, 02:18 PM   #365
EskimoStitches
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I am here but I need to be able to concentrate on your post and the peeps are trying to mimic circus clowns.

Give me a second.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:19 PM   #366
Dayzee1081
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom

congrats to B!

happy bday K!

S, what about the cliff brand fruit ropes...they sell those at costco.

yay for new shoes F!

sorry for the shot, but yay for great baby C!

okay I'm going to sleep now
Thanks!
Dayzee1081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:27 PM   #367
EskimoStitches
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Ok. I have would do this.

Don't block it. Wash it if you must but I wouldn't even do that. Leave it tight and exactly as it is for her coming home. As she gets bigger (a week in maybe) that's when I would do the blocking and block your waist bigger. The extra room in the hips will just make her look bigger but better more than less. Is your rise a small? ESP since you are folding down your waist I would make sure the rise is big enough so she can wear it when the hips "fit". Make your legs longer you can always fold or button them up. Maybe even make them short but add a ruffle or something later idk what your plans are.

Babies stay small for such a short time I would my frog if it's only a little big I would only frog if it were small.

Did I hit all your points?

Oh wait. Ok the band. I don't really get it but I think it is over complicating things.

Drawstring. I would add one if you are finding she is worming out of the pants. I would do a ribbon in the purls not an icord.

Obviously jmo.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:33 PM   #368
808mamaof3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EskimoStitches View Post
Ok. I have would do this.

Don't block it. Wash it if you must but I wouldn't even do that. Leave it tight and exactly as it is for her coming home. As she gets bigger (a week in maybe) that's when I would do the blocking and block your waist bigger. The extra room in the hips will just make her look bigger but better more than less. Is your rise a small? ESP since you are folding down your waist I would make sure the rise is big enough so she can wear it when the hips "fit". Make your legs longer you can always fold or button them up. Maybe even make them short but add a ruffle or something later idk what your plans are.

Babies stay small for such a short time I would my frog if it's only a little big I would only frog if it were small.

Did I hit all your points?

Oh wait. Ok the band. I don't really get it but I think it is over complicating things.

Drawstring. I would add one if you are finding she is worming out of the pants. I would do a ribbon in the purls not an icord.

Obviously jmo.
Thanks! By yours and Carolyn's posts I know I was totally OVERTHINKING it. I'm pretty sure the rise should be fine as most longies go over the belly button and her diapers will still be bitty (no OS yet). She'd probably be in extended tab prefolds or mama made workhorses so I can always adjust the rise...esp. since girly bits natually point down...no need for extra bulk up front. I still could leave the length newbornish as it can be capris. She'll be born in mid Feb. which shouldn't be more than low 70s and then as March/April starts in it gets hot. Baby will most likely be in a kimono top and fitted/soaker at most by then.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:39 PM   #369
EskimoStitches
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
There's your answer.

Last edited by EskimoStitches; 10-02-2012 at 02:41 PM.
EskimoStitches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:49 PM   #370
808mamaof3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EskimoStitches View Post
There's your answer.
Thanks. I was going to text you my Q, but my iphone is finally updating the OS software. I'm excited to play with Siri.