Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-02-2012, 04:18 PM   #381
knibert
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: KAL ~ Knit for the love of it! Sept 30 - Oct 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by EskimoStitches View Post
It's a pattern writer. I am working on the Watercourse right now.
oh no, are we going to have the Fi eratta available?

Advertisement

Old 10-02-2012, 04:20 PM   #382
knibert
Registered Users
seller
seller

My thoughts on the pants Karen..as long as the rise is ok (it can fit over the dipe after the cord falls off) then I wouldn't worry about the hips too much. Will just be growing room and sounds like you will get capris out of them too? I agree the button thing sounds too complicated. You could always put extra fluff on to get the pants to fit better if you needed to for a pix? I'd just keep knitting and wait and see. If you didn't make/get the top yet, hopefully it will cover the hip area?
Old 10-02-2012, 04:22 PM   #383
EskimoStitches
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by knibert

I am going to do it tonight and post it on my project page
Old 10-02-2012, 04:31 PM   #384
Scaethach
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Ok. I know CS as a pattern writer has an amazing eye but between the errors in the hoodie pattern and the errors in this sweater and the manner in which errors are being dealt with, I am seriously going to stay away from her patterns or at least look at them critically before I buy. If I spend this much on a pattern I expect for it to be well proofed and corrections to be well noted at the very least.
I've said similar in the past and been publically attacked for it. I love the look of her stuff but the writing (and methods of getting there) often leave much to be desired. I said the bloomers pattern was written terribly and everyone was like OMG no that's a great pattern and when I listed out all the things wrong with it everyone admitted they don't even follow the pattern either I haven't since making the first pair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knibert View Post
There is errata listed for the watercourse on the BA Ravelry group. She maintains all errata there except for the Storyteller.

I'll probably keep getting her patterns but I take them with a grain of salt I guess.
Like my Facebook! Etsy
Scaethach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:35 PM   #385
EskimoStitches
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaethach

I've said similar in the past and been publically attacked for it. I love the look of her stuff but the writing (and methods of getting there) often leave much to be desired. I said the bloomers pattern was written terribly and everyone was like OMG no that's a great pattern and when I listed out all the things wrong with it everyone admitted they don't even follow the pattern either I haven't since making the first pair.

There is errata listed for the watercourse on the BA Ravelry group. She maintains all errata there except for the Storyteller.

I'll probably keep getting her patterns but I take them with a grain of salt I guess.
There is notes on the pattern page also but even knowing what I am looking for, it is not right. Like she say twice, no its for the whole row. The second doesn't have the repeats in ( ) and it says the left edge but not the left pocket so before you get there you are just like ok the left edge. Wait a second...
Old 10-02-2012, 04:35 PM   #386
808mamaof3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by knibert View Post
My thoughts on the pants Karen..as long as the rise is ok (it can fit over the dipe after the cord falls off) then I wouldn't worry about the hips too much. Will just be growing room and sounds like you will get capris out of them too? I agree the button thing sounds too complicated. You could always put extra fluff on to get the pants to fit better if you needed to for a pix? I'd just keep knitting and wait and see. If you didn't make/get the top yet, hopefully it will cover the hip area?
I have a newborn top already (had the yarn dyed to match it), but I think I can pull it off. Remeasured the rise...its about 12.5 or so. Newbie size and I really don't like some longies that have the rise halfway up the kids armpits, so FX it will work. I need to take a WIP pic...love how the ls looks on the legs.

Quote:
I am going to do it tonight and post it on my project page
oooh yay! Sorry you have to knit through that muddied pattern. Were other people mentioning mods or pattern errors on their project page?
Old 10-02-2012, 04:40 PM   #387
Scaethach
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
There is notes on the pattern page also but even knowing what I am looking for, it is not right. Like she say twice, no its for the whole row. The second doesn't have the repeats in ( ) and it says the left edge but not the left pocket so before you get there you are just like ok the left edge. Wait a second...
I know. IMO it's been long enough she could have fixed the pattern (especially since it was a small section that was wrong) and released an update by now, but that's my I really couldn't believe there had been no mention of errata for the storyteller before me.
Like my Facebook! Etsy
Scaethach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:42 PM   #388
knibert
Registered Users
seller
seller

Drives me crazy when you buy a pattern and then have to deciper it.

I will be sure to research before knitting that one.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:47 PM   #389
EskimoStitches
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaethach

I know. IMO it's been long enough she could have fixed the pattern (especially since it was a small section that was wrong) and released an update by now, but that's my I really couldn't believe there had been no mention of errata for the storyteller before me.
IKR?? I am seriously annoyed cause I spent $18 on those 2 patterns. That is a lot to have to pretty much test a pattern. There are more errors in the storyteller than in most patterns I tested and got the pattern for free!

I completely agree about the update. Especially since it is pretty much a second attachment anyway. It's hardly even mentioned in the main pattern.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:58 PM   #390
Dayzee1081
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Almost to the decreases! Woot!

Attachment 121234

Last edited by Dayzee1081; 12-12-2012 at 12:55 PM.
Dayzee1081 is offline   Reply With Quote