Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-03-2012, 09:16 AM   #471
knibert
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: KAL ~ Knit for the love of it! Sept 30 - Oct 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidensmommalove View Post
Good morning Karen, im glad you slept well and have you in prayers tonight for an easy surgery tomorrow

Got any wip's on the hat?
TY.

didn't take one yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msuk2girl View Post

Sorry about that awful infection. I forgot what the Drs said. Are they not doing anything about it?
taking some antibiotics from the last time this happened. not sure that they are working. I really needed to go in and get a culture but w/the sx coming up, I didn't have time to get in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danigrace05 View Post
Anyone heard from Fi?
not yet hope she is ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayzee1081 View Post
dd didn't want me to Walk her into school today weird
big girl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by msuk2girl View Post
Maybe the other kids in her class walk in alone, or she's feeling like she wants to be a bigger girl? I remember being REALLY excited the first time I was allowed to ride my bike alone... etc. Not that I didn't want my parents to come with me, but it was a kind of rite of passage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellybellybuttons View Post
Morning ladies ;0)

Could someone tell me if I could use dk/worsted weight for this pattern if so which needle would work to meet the gauge or if it would even work. I am not a fan of fingering weights but love this cardigan.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/meridien

or should I look at tosh merino light or madelinetosh Pashmina Yarn, so expensive though.
you can adjust the math, knit a different size. would have to read the pattern and figure out what to do. tosh merino light is fingering, I believe pahmina is sport. I ordered some tosh light and returned it. I didn't like the single ply fuzziness, granted I didn't knit but a swatch but I wasn't a big fan. Seemed like it would not wear well to me. JMO though.

just got back from store. got DH some shirts..he has been growing out of his lately w/his new work out fad. stopped at grocery store. the bakery muffins were bogo, It was easier than making them

Advertisement

Old 10-03-2012, 09:21 AM   #472
msuk2girl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sorry, Melissa, I don't interpret... just knit
Old 10-03-2012, 09:39 AM   #473
knibert
Registered Users
seller
seller

I just looked at the pattern specs better Melissa and she has lots of measurements there to look at. If you knit w/dk yarn it will effect the drape and it will depend on your gauge w/the dk yarn what you'd have to do. You could probably figure out if it would work if you did a gauge swatch w/your yarn you intend to use and then do some math to see if you could get any of the sizes to work out for you.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:40 AM   #474
knibert
Registered Users
seller
seller

I JUST finished the pw chix florentine. I'm done w/that for a while after eating it for three days. Time for a muffin now
Old 10-03-2012, 09:42 AM   #475
msuk2girl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I want a muffin!
Old 10-03-2012, 09:46 AM   #476
knibert
Registered Users
seller
seller

mmmm blueberry one, i warmed it a bit. i got corn too. i like those toasted w/butter. this one is more like dessert. i'll share do you have publix there? (grocery store)
Old 10-03-2012, 09:47 AM   #477
knibert
Registered Users
seller
seller

muffin gone I want another! probably don't need 500 calories of muffin...I didn't have breakfast though...maybe another will be ok??? (but later)
Old 10-03-2012, 09:57 AM   #478
msuk2girl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

A publix just moved in 10 miles south of us. I never really was a big fan in FL... thought they were overpriced. Most groceries give me that impression though.

Albertons had better birthday cakes than publix I know this b/c brother and I spent every birthday down there.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:58 AM   #479
LadybugMonkey
Registered Users
Formerly: Confused mum
seller
seller

My Mood:

I hope everything goes well for your surgery tomorrow Karyn.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:19 AM   #480
Scaethach
Registered Users
seller
seller

Stilll no word from Fi? No good
Quote:
Originally Posted by knibert View Post
Hope the oil change doen't take too long Erica.

Oh no Fi...where is the update???? I hope you are not admitted.

Mindy..."the tobacco case"??? something to do w/the show? I was confused

Katie, you are going to spin now too? all kinds of things to do. Agree w/Shannon, I don't know what any of that spin talk means.

that's all my brain can remember this morning.

infection is not good but I did sleep well. I knit on the TAS hat last night until I couldn't keep my eyes open. Moving right along but not sure if I like the slipped sts to fix the jog. It usually looks ok but it is really pulling on this hat. Probably should have tried the technique suggested on the pattern...was too lazy to look it up last night though. I think I will skip knitting group today. I have some things I need to get done before the surgery tomorrow and I may be too sore to do them after.
In the first episode at least they are all working on Lucky Strike advertising and working around the new health reports and the new advertising requirements that were imposed, not being able to advertise them as healthy etc. DH and I met while working on the lawsuit from the Dept of Justice against the Tobacco Institute, which dealt not only with the health claims but targeted advertising etc. We've read a lot of transcripts from meetings from that time period so we do know a lot of what went on, but it's interesting to see the portrayal on TV I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellybellybuttons View Post
Morning ladies ;0)

Could someone tell me if I could use dk/worsted weight for this pattern if so which needle would work to meet the gauge or if it would even work. I am not a fan of fingering weights but love this cardigan.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/meridien

or should I look at tosh merino light or madelinetosh Pashmina Yarn, so expensive though.
You could probably get one that fits, but it's meant to be light and drapey and you won't get that kind of look from DK/worsted.

All the muffin talk you guys are making me too hungry! Everyone is still sick here, I'm sicker. Wondering how many days in a row I can feel worse before I get better.
Like my Facebook! Etsy
Scaethach is offline   Reply With Quote