Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-05-2012, 10:54 AM   #741
msuk2girl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: KAL ~ Knit for the love of it! Sept 30 - Oct 6

I don't know about the electronics, Erica. I'm technology challenged. Seems like a kindle would be a better bet.

Advertisement

Old 10-05-2012, 11:01 AM   #742
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

yeah we'll see what she says. That one is just like a kindle imo but has a hard case to protect it. Wonder if kindle has options like that...need an otterbox for kindle
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:04 AM   #743
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

does the kindle fire have a camera? This one does
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:39 AM   #744
Dayzee1081
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Shannon- talked black with you already via txt
Karen . I don't spin well enough yet to even make my own yarn..:. I'm still a very very much. a baby beginner, so I better say "no I don't spin yet..."

Last edited by Dayzee1081; 10-05-2012 at 11:40 AM.
Dayzee1081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:43 AM   #745
808mamaof3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Morning ladies! I knocked out at 9:00 and didn't wake up til this morning at 5:30....most sleep I've had in a long time. Today after work will be busy. I need to finish cutting/sewing about 8 or so bibs for my craft fair tomorrow. FX I do well...I'm a little

Quote:
Originally Posted by msuk2girl View Post
Morning ladies. No late night chatter eh?

DH and I watched a stream of the debate and played the "Drinking game". Honestly, we never full out play them. We each had a mug of homebrew, and well if it ran out we didn't refill. It gave me something to do, I hate politics. Oh, I also made a fall wreath, I'll grab a photo later. So 2 activities to keep me from leaving the room

Even in college, I only played the ones where if you did well, you didn't have to drink. I'm great at anything that requires throwing accurately, so I never drank much.

MIL shows up today. My parents aren't here til Tuesday night, and Bs party is Wednesday. We have a ton going on and I really hope she doesn't mind going to 2 birthday parties this weekend with a ton of people she doesn't know. She said she didn't mind.

As mom is keeping him home Monday (her mom is still here) so we can have more family time with people visiting. She is also keeping him next week for Bs 2 year appt! I really didn't want to miss it, and DH was going to take her. I'm so glad I get to go.

Blah blah blah. I'll stop talking now.

Hope everyone is feeling well this morning.
Oooh, haven't played a drinking game in awhile. I'm not too good in them so I'd always get tipsy first in college. I think the last time I played one I was 20 (yep...under the legal drinking age )

Glad you get some time without A next week. Yay for B's party and some family time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookedByCarolyn View Post
Good morning all! I come baring pics as promised. So I started a sheepy set to stock in my store (wherever I decided that store shall be). It will be a size 6 month sweater and longies set. I may add booties or a hat. Not sure yet. Aaaaaanyway... I would like your opinion on the sweater. Should I make the sleeves solid blue or should I add the greens to them like the body of the sweater??? The longies will have dark blue waistband, light blue body into tops of legs, light green legs, and dark green trim of legs. I will then add sheep and trees to the legs of the longies. So... how to do the arms of the sweater? wdyt? Thanks so much!!!

Cute cute cute! IMHO- I would do blue and green thick striped arms on the sweater so that the arms will match the blue collar of the sweater and the green would match the cuffs of the longies. I kinda like the rugby/mini boden look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knibert View Post
thanks sonya..I guess we have to wait until season 6 or will be season 5 part 2? I didn't realize the show was over for the season I don't wanna wait! Yes, we saw the episode you spoke of We just finished season 5 episode 8.

Cute wreath Shannon! Glad A's mom is goign to be able to give you some family time. Did you figure out the tangled cake?

Glad you have a smooth night Dani.

Hope you get some good knitting in Christine.

Katie...do any spining yet?

My night was awful. After the anesthesia wore off the pain meds seemed to give me insomnia. I'm not sure if I am going to take them anymore. I def have pain but those meds don't let me sleep. So I was unable to sleep and then uncomfortable when everything wore off. To top things off DD woke up at about 4 puking. DH gave her a phenergan suppository but she puked right through it. So she is home from school. DH has to take care of the girls today.

the worst part..it is too uncomfortable to knit
Sorry the meds are making you stay awake and you feel yucky. Glad your DH is home to watch the girls and pamper you. Hope he makes you some meals in bed and loves on yah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom View Post
AA are always nice IMO...but the RS aren't bad. Emily has quite a bit of RS shirts and I think their quality is better than it had been in the past.
Oh no, another great co-op. I just got paid today so I was going to order Tessa...but now I need to think. AA sounds good too. Are there only lap tees? I let someone borrow the boys white Carter's kimono tops and lap tees and I don't remember who. Time to buy more. I'm thinking AA lap tees (maybe dye them) and some obv kimonos (from the Fishsticks pattern).

Quote:
Originally Posted by danigrace05 View Post
Ok, thanks. Off to redo my order.
Dani- Did Melissa from Rav get back to you?

Quote:
Cute sweater Carolyn

What is a good hat pattern for a tween girl? She jsut got a teal and silver north face winter coat, so I was thinking getting yarn in teal/silver/white for it. Or would Solid be better?

I'm making her cousins hudsons, but I think shed appreciate a cuter design.
Erica gave you some great options! I love the Vintage Sweet too and this one: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/east-falls-hat The East Falls Hat is in the Knitscene magazine (which I have) so I get it to you.

OH- I read on FB or Rav or somewhere, but DaKine Knits is doing a promo where if you buy one pattern you can gift one to a friend or something. Maybe you can go half-sies with someone if you do the Vintage Sweet and get 2 patterns for the price of one?

Quote:
what do you guys think about this
my sister was thinking about getting it for Steven for birthday/christmas (which I HATE combined gifts but hey if she wants to spend the money on him then go for it )

Gee at that price she might as well get him a kindle fire
I think the kindle fire would be a better option. Steven can use it to access more than just games. You could upload books and also use the internet to stream netflix (for long road trips and other times kiddoes need to sit quietly for long awhile).

Quote:
I wish I had the option on my ipod for Emily.

Bad mama comment coming up...no flames...but Em uses the ipod to calm down before sleeping at night time. She watches PBS kids on it. I give it to her right before the battery dies so she is on it no longer than 30 minutes. However there have been times that there's more charge on the battery than thought and she's on it longer If I had a timer shut off it would be awesome! Like ohhh no battery died Em time to sleep
Absolutely no flames from me. I'm totally guilty of that too My C earns time for good behavior at home and at preschool and we also use it to keep my little heathens tame at restaurants and when they have to sit through our church small group time. My boys tend to always want it at the same time...debating eventually getting a second one (mostly for my WAHM business) but also to entertain E.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:08 PM   #746
EskimoStitches
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I am here and missed a lot. I am not doing so amazing. I don't really want to talk about much right now. Rb is taking care of me as well as he can. I am still really anemic and tire easy but I have been knittin. I went into the hospital with his strings done and am into the decreases on his adult size Hudson. Knitting slowly because I gained 18 lbs of straight fluid in those first 6 hours in the hossy so it's not flushing nearly as fast and holding the needles was painful. My hands couldn't close. I am open to texting or emailing but right now the group is pretty overwhelming so forgive me if I don't post here for a bit.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:15 PM   #747
HookedByCarolyn
Registered Users
Formerly: shaneNspencersmommy
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EskimoStitches
I am here and missed a lot. I am not doing so amazing. I don't really want to talk about much right now. Rb is taking care of me as well as he can. I am still really anemic and tire easy but I have been knittin. I went into the hospital with his strings done and am into the decreases on his adult size Hudson. Knitting slowly because I gained 18 lbs of straight fluid in those first 6 hours in the hossy so it's not flushing nearly as fast and holding the needles was painful. My hands couldn't close. I am open to texting or emailing but right now the group is pretty overwhelming so forgive me if I don't post here for a bit.
Big big hugs mama! Take care of yourself!
Old 10-05-2012, 12:33 PM   #748
Scaethach
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Ok... really bad light. I promise this looks better IRL. It's my first try. I need to add something though...
I like it. Agree it needs something else, maybe a bow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookedByCarolyn View Post
Good morning all! I come baring pics as promised. So I started a sheepy set to stock in my store (wherever I decided that store shall be). It will be a size 6 month sweater and longies set. I may add booties or a hat. Not sure yet. Aaaaaanyway... I would like your opinion on the sweater. Should I make the sleeves solid blue or should I add the greens to them like the body of the sweater??? The longies will have dark blue waistband, light blue body into tops of legs, light green legs, and dark green trim of legs. I will then add sheep and trees to the legs of the longies. So... how to do the arms of the sweater? wdyt? Thanks so much!!!

Without seeing the longies I like dark blue, but I agree put it on holders and do the longies first

Quote:
Originally Posted by knibert View Post
thanks sonya..I guess we have to wait until season 6 or will be season 5 part 2? I didn't realize the show was over for the season I don't wanna wait! Yes, we saw the episode you spoke of We just finished season 5 episode 8.

My night was awful. After the anesthesia wore off the pain meds seemed to give me insomnia. I'm not sure if I am going to take them anymore. I def have pain but those meds don't let me sleep. So I was unable to sleep and then uncomfortable when everything wore off. To top things off DD woke up at about 4 puking. DH gave her a phenergan suppository but she puked right through it. So she is home from school. DH has to take care of the girls today.

the worst part..it is too uncomfortable to knit

Quote:
Originally Posted by danigrace05 View Post
Is one better quality than the other? I thought she said if there was enough she would order ls? The photos of the RS ones look cheap compared to the AA.
Pixie mostly uses rabbit skins and they have held up very well. She's mostly in 18 months, and the RS 24 month is a little loose on her, so I'd say sizing is fairly accurate. I have heard AA runs big though, but I haven't had any since Pi, and he was big-shouldered with a big head, so IDK that I'd have noticed.

Quote:
what do you guys think about this
my sister was thinking about getting it for Steven for birthday/christmas (which I HATE combined gifts but hey if she wants to spend the money on him then go for it )

Gee at that price she might as well get him a kindle fire
Yeah I don't much understand those at the same price point as full-fledged tablets really. I read reviews on one that said it was nice for kids, but not competition really for the old Kindle Fire even and at $9 price difference, there's no reason to buy the kids one. I ordered a cheapie android tablet for Pi for Yule this year. We let him play on our phones, stuff like memory, drawing, writing letters etc. and he loves doing it.

Quote:
does the kindle fire have a camera? This one does
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1914867.html as far as I know, the new Nook HD is the only one that doesn't have a camera, even adding in the lower end tablets into the mix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EskimoStitches View Post
Miss you and thinking of you!
Like my Facebook! Etsy
Scaethach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:34 PM   #749
knibert
Registered Users
seller
seller

Rest up Fi! sorry we'll be ready and waiting for you to come back!

TY Karen, I like your hat choice as well. Very pretty. Good luck at the craft fair! like your idea for the stripes on the sweater (carolyn's)

I'll let you know all about the fire when I get it Erica. We bought our kids an ipod for christmas two years ago. It was bought for them...I"m ok w/that I limit their screen time per day..they can pick how they use it. Now daddy on the other hand, thank goodness he doesn't watch the kids everyday....they would get way more than what mommy lets them have.

I took the big bandage off today and actually felt better w/the pain pills. It is nice that they don't make me sleepy for the daytime. Now nighttime is another story. I am knitting on the hat and am not too sore right now.

Last edited by knibert; 10-05-2012 at 12:35 PM.
knibert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:15 PM   #750
MrsStripe
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EskimoStitches View Post
I've missed you, but got to work earlier in the mornings since there isn't so much to catch up on. I've been peeing all day today maybe I can pee some extra out for you too. Gotta get those fingers back to knitting.

DH informed me last night we would be getting the new Kindle he is pretty sure. We'll see what happens and how much I'll use it. He bought me an Ipod nano for Christmas 6 years ago and he uses it for work now because I never used it I just don't listen to music like he does.
MrsStripe is offline   Reply With Quote