Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-06-2012, 09:38 AM   #831
msuk2girl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: KAL ~ Knit for the love of it! Sept 30 - Oct 6

Beautiful shawl Christine! DH took MIL on a tour, so I'm finishing our superhero masks and making up some quick mix. Hopefully there's time to knit too!

Advertisement

Old 10-06-2012, 09:41 AM   #832
knibert
Registered Users
seller
seller

superheros and mix..what did I miss. Are you giving superhero masks at the party? chex mix?

no wonder I couldn't get the phone to work.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:42 AM   #833
knibert
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadybugMonkey View Post
I realized last night I never posted pictures from my yfw. Here is the finished shawl.

Just had to comment again, so pretty. i like the simplicity. what shawl and what yarn is this?
Old 10-06-2012, 10:04 AM   #834
msuk2girl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by knibert View Post
superheros and mix..what did I miss. Are you giving superhero masks at the party? chex mix?

no wonder I couldn't get the phone to work.
Haha no, just random to dos. After nap we're going to a superhero birthday party. Kids were requested to dress up. I made B a cape, and I made 2 superhero masks for DH and I.

The quick mix is a homemade version of bisquick. I'm out and am hosting a crapton of people this week. Want to be prepared for pancakes.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:06 AM   #835
msuk2girl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I hope people appreciate my wrapping style. I save DDs paintings, and have her stamp paper for wrap birthday presents. I think it's useful and adorable.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:28 AM   #836
stevensmom
Administrator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

almost ready to leave...Em is throwing a tantrum because she thinks we are leaving without her...

I'll be in and out thoughout the weekend.
BabyBoyBlueBoutique
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:33 AM   #837
stevensmom
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I so didn't need to know about the seconds sale I have to pay darn tax on them if I get them
BabyBoyBlueBoutique
Old 10-06-2012, 10:53 AM   #838
808mamaof3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Thanks, ladies. Funny thing about the pot is that I was in tbe kitchen and didn't smelll it...Dh did and he was in the living room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsStripe
Oh, and look for pictures later today Butch got a pair of longies that I've named the "Sprocket pocket rocket" longies. He always has his hands down his pants so the name makes me laugh.
lol...my boys always try to play with their "junk" if its accessible.

Thanks for looking for the rasta. The cws vary soo much I'm afraid to order online. My lys sells sock and rio but no rasta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msuk2girl
Oooh I found a garage sale in my neighborhood after the grocery store... and got a Disney Store Belle costume for $3!!! Just needs a short rolled hem repair. It's not dirty or ruined otherwise. I'm stoked.
Score!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danigrace05
I'm just now leaving work. Several patients getting ready to pass. I'm going to need an anti depressant or something. I can handle dying, but dying alone and no one coming from their family to be with them is heart breaking. One man's son came in and signed the DNR paperwork and turned around and walked out, didn't even say goodbye to his father.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadybugMonkey
I realized last night I never posted pictures from my yfw. Here is the finished shawl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by knibert
That is really pretty Christine.

Fi..you made me lol about the NJ comment.

Great find Shannon. I love gsaleing, DH hates it. I don't ever go anymore. The kids sit at a little table in the kitchen, the tiny wood chairs are from a gsale. I think I use them as much as the kids do...to eat and to use as a step stool. We have some nice framed prints from a gsale as well.

Dani..that is just terrible. What kind of families do these poor people have??? Whats Red Robin? That was so nice of you though!

Karen..agree w/sonya, at least you didn't burn yourself. The ipmt question: were you able to salvage the dessert?

Had to reclean the carseat today...it still smelled like and there were chunks way down in the belt crevices...eewweee. Not what I wanted to wake up to. I am going to cook for the freezer today. Big pot of meatballs and some white clam sauce.
I did save dessert so it made it worth it. I'm going to head to Ross today and see if they have a good quality one. I burnt the circulon pot

Quote:
Originally Posted by msuk2girl
I hope people appreciate my wrapping style. I save DDs paintings, and have her stamp paper for wrap birthday presents. I think it's useful and adorable.
I'd appreciate that! I like personalized gifts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom
I so didn't need to know about the seconds sale I have to pay darn tax on them if I get them
I never buy straight from cottonbabies cuz they charge me shipping. I guess they havent heard about flat rate boxes..grrr
Old 10-06-2012, 11:01 AM   #839
stevensmom
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

yeah I get charged tax because they are here.
BabyBoyBlueBoutique
Old 10-06-2012, 11:23 AM   #840
Scaethach
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by msuk2girl View Post
Sorry about the cooking stuff Karen!!

Morning Katie.

I'm going to do an early morning grocery run... alone Everyone is still sleeping. Gonna get some starbucks and shop when no one else thinks to I also need a costco run, but that'll wait til Monday when normal times are less scarce.

I lied about my shawl, did more knitting last night and I still have 12 rows to go before BO. Silly me.
Woohoo! Pics!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danigrace05 View Post
I'm just now leaving work. Several patients getting ready to pass. I'm going to need an anti depressant or something. I can handle dying, but dying alone and no one coming from their family to be with them is heart breaking. One man's son came in and signed the DNR paperwork and turned around and walked out, didn't even say goodbye to his father.
Aww that's rough, I'm sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msuk2girl View Post
That is terrible!!!!!!! Seriously.

My friend that I met at the bar a while back says his kids wont speak to him anymore because of the divorce with their mother. These are grown kids who wont speak to their father.
It's like that in my family. As soon as you turn 18 and legally aren't required to visit Dad, you don't. He's abusive, manipulative, and harassed our mom endlessly after the divorce. He has a new wife and daughter but treats all of his old family like scum, but won't let go of his parental rights. All he does during his custody time is badmouth our mom and make them do work around the house for him. He turned my brother out in the middle of winter in his t-shirt and barefoot, wouldn't let him in, and when he walked a mile to the neighbors (they're in the country) he claimed my brother had run away just to make him look bad. My sister has sworn to make his end of life years go as badly as he made our childhood go. He was the most abusive to me though and I frankly don't trust myself in the same state as him, ever. He mails me stuff from time to time, DH reads it first, he says it's always the same badmouthing of my mom and wondering why I don't call etc. I've not read them, DH knows if there's any substance I'll take them but I don't need any more of his poison in my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom View Post
yeah I get charged tax because they are here.
Have me get them for you, I have the magic "get out of tax free card" that is an Oregon ID
Like my Facebook! Etsy
Scaethach is offline   Reply With Quote