Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-30-2012, 02:27 PM   #1
iwiamandaiwi
Registered Users

I hate all the worrying...

I know the worry about if you are going to miscarry or if your baby is going to be healthy is normal but I hate it so much. Maybe it is made worse because I have been super emotional lately but I can't shake the worry that there is going to be somethig wrong with my baby. I can't wait until the 20w us to see if everything is ok in there. I mean I don't have any family history of anything but its like well I feel like I am pushing my luck by having my two healthy boys. I mean it happens and everyone naturally thinks it wont happen to them but i feel i am the odd ball that is of the mind that it could TOTALLY happen to me. I think I am just in hyper worry mode because of the pregnancy hormones but I wish I could get over this fear that my baby won't be healthy. I mean its unfounded, there is no reason for me to think like that. Ugh, december just needs to jurry up and come. I have an us scheduled for dec 10th so at least i know when my worries will be put at ease. I am not going to get the bloodwok done because I don't want to get a false alarm and be worried for nothing and also if there were to be something wrong with my baby I would not have an abortion or anything so I think its pretty pointless to have the tests. I do want the us though because that is pretty accurate and there is less chance of a false alarm there. oiy, I'm rambling....just something I can't get off my mind right now...

Advertisement

Old 09-30-2012, 03:13 PM   #2
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Re: I hate all the worrying...

I am right there with you. Except, while I am worried about something being wrong with baby, I'm MORE worried that I am going to have a miscarriage. I'm still at the point where EVERY time I go pee, I check the toilet paper for blood. Ugh. It's just so scary. I am of the same mindset as you. Even though my chances of miscarriage are only 1-4% now that I've seen the heartbeat, I still know that it COULD happen to me. Ergh. Just wish it could be May already, lol.
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:19 PM   #3
iwiamandaiwi
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by leyash View Post
I am right there with you. Except, while I am worried about something being wrong with baby, I'm MORE worried that I am going to have a miscarriage. I'm still at the point where EVERY time I go pee, I check the toilet paper for blood. Ugh. It's just so scary. I am of the same mindset as you. Even though my chances of miscarriage are only 1-4% now that I've seen the heartbeat, I still know that it COULD happen to me. Ergh. Just wish it could be May already, lol.
OMG I actually do this for my entire pregnancy. It's like an involuntary compulsion, lol.
Old 09-30-2012, 03:27 PM   #4
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwiamandaiwi View Post
OMG I actually do this for my entire pregnancy. It's like an involuntary compulsion, lol.
Yeah, and the fear never goes away! It's at the point sometimes (if I'm sore/tender/crampy), where I count to three and FORCE myself to look. Otherwise, I might just sit there without ever peeking. Then, when I see that there's nothing... I take a deep breath.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:54 PM   #5
MomToJazmyne
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I understand the worrying and I am worrying about EVERYTHING. Although I hate having MS, the horrible exhaustion, and super sore boobs, it actually is kind of a relief to me because in my mind that means that the baby is doing okay. After having an early miscarriage and giving birth to a micro-preemie (who didn't survive) every ache and pain scares me. Throughout my whole pregnancy with my DD, I checked the toilet paper and have with this pregnancy as well. I have already had 2 US; one for dating and one to check my cervix but have yet to see the doctor so I am continually nervous about everything.

J (8/15/06) and L (4/25/13)
MomToJazmyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:23 PM   #6
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomToJazmyne View Post
I understand the worrying and I am worrying about EVERYTHING. Although I hate having MS, the horrible exhaustion, and super sore boobs, it actually is kind of a relief to me because in my mind that means that the baby is doing okay. After having an early miscarriage and giving birth to a micro-preemie (who didn't survive) every ache and pain scares me. Throughout my whole pregnancy with my DD, I checked the toilet paper and have with this pregnancy as well. I have already had 2 US; one for dating and one to check my cervix but have yet to see the doctor so I am continually nervous about everything.
Yeah... and then I see things about people having 12-15 week losses, and then I can feel my heart race, and I almost start to sweat. How am I going to do this for the next 32 weeks? God... it seems like forever.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:26 PM   #7
greencrunchymama
Registered Users
seller
seller

DDC- I was the SAME way when I was pregnant. I worried about EVERYTHING. I eventually had to tell myself that I would deal with whatever came up as it happened. I had a great pregnancy and birth, and I know all you ladies will as well. Try to cherish every moment- it goes by so fast.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:28 PM   #8
myblessedbaby
Registered
seller

I'm one of those women who've been through a lot of loss. 6 m/c's. Most of them were early. My most recent was 11 weeks and I saw the h/b with that one. So for me the worry has a reason. But for me, with each loss, I've had symptoms or intuition that things just weren't right. With this pregnancy I'm feeling all good vibes. I won't be able to relax until after hearing the heartbeat and getting to the 2nd trimester. But this is how I get over the worry...
I focus on one day at a time. I think about the good things I do know, like good blood work results, pregnancy symptoms, etc. I pray for this baby every day, several times a day. I know that worry won't change anything, so with this pregnancy I'm only focusing on the positive.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:21 PM   #9
MomToJazmyne
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by leyash

Yeah... and then I see things about people having 12-15 week losses, and then I can feel my heart race, and I almost start to sweat. How am I going to do this for the next 32 weeks? God... it seems like forever.
It does seem like forever....there are some days ok most days that I just wish that is was April as that is when I will probably deliver (planned C-section)

Focusing just on the positive things doesn't work for me because with my micro-preemie there were NO warning signs that ANYTHING was wrong until I went into labor and had to deliver.

While I have had a successful pregnancy since him, it doesn't change the fear and worry because the doctor that I used with both him ad my DD has since moved so I am starting this pregnancy with a new doctor that I have no experience with and I will not even meet her until the 19th.

J (8/15/06) and L (4/25/13)
MomToJazmyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:06 AM   #10
leyash
Registered Users
seller

I guess something else that contributes to my fear is the fact that this is our last. After our loss in April, we weren't convinced that we wanted to try again. Then we decided what the heck... and here we are again, pregnant and praying. I just know, in my heart, that if anything happens, I won't want to get pregnant again. I can't do it three times in a row... I don't have it in me.

I just have to realize that God knows my heart... He knows what I desire for my family, and I just need to have faith that everything is going to work out the way that I want it to.