Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-30-2012, 05:20 PM   #1
nursemama23
Registered Users
seller
seller

Swelling...TMI

Sorry, this is TMI but I didn't experience it with my previous 3 pregnancies.
I noticed Friday after work that my lady parts felt irritated and like they were swollen and causing pressure. I investigated when I got home and sure enough things looked swollen. Plus my hemorrhoids were suddenly much larger. It seemed to get better by the next day but definitely not back to normal. DH and I dtd and things seemed to get irritated and swollen again. It seems to improve overnight but comes back to some extent once I'm up and moving. I'm thinking its just normal and due to increased blood flow but just wanted to see if any other mamas had similar experiences. I'm 25 weeks tomorrow.

Advertisement

Old 09-30-2012, 05:33 PM   #2
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Re: Swelling...TMI

Yup. All of the above. Not sure when mine started, but I remember being swollen and feeling HUGE down there, lol. It's normal.
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:46 PM   #3
weesej
Registered Users
seller
seller

I do that too...and it didn't start until baby #6. Being intimate def makes it worse. I also have some varicose veins that have popped up intermixed with the swelling too.

"It's not healthy to have spirochetes eating away at your brain" What do you know about Lyme?
weesej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:38 PM   #4
jlsquire0324
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by weesej
I do that too...and it didn't start until baby #6. Being intimate def makes it worse. I also have some varicose veins that have popped up intermixed with the swelling too.
Same here! Apparently it's normal, yuck! :/
jlsquire0324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:42 PM   #5
anniekins1488
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yep. I noticed more swelling with my 3rd pregnancy. It got very irritating towards my due date. Thankfully it goes away .

Swag with me! I earn $25 in Amazon gift cards every month with very little effort! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Anniekins1488
anniekins1488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:52 PM   #6
MandeeTheGreat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nursemama23
Sorry, this is TMI but I didn't experience it with my previous 3 pregnancies.
I noticed Friday after work that my lady parts felt irritated and like they were swollen and causing pressure. I investigated when I got home and sure enough things looked swollen. Plus my hemorrhoids were suddenly much larger. It seemed to get better by the next day but definitely not back to normal. DH and I dtd and things seemed to get irritated and swollen again. It seems to improve overnight but comes back to some extent once I'm up and moving. I'm thinking its just normal and due to increased blood flow but just wanted to see if any other mamas had similar experiences. I'm 25 weeks tomorrow.
A pregnancy support belt can help this. There are ones now that are like a bella band and virtually invisible under clothes.
12/16/10 & Cesilee 12/29/11
Born Preemie @ 35 weeks, Check the Blog and shop ZULILY

MandeeTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote