Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-01-2012, 01:25 AM   #11
LinzTAW
Registered Users

Re: Is this a big no-no?

I don't own a dryer, so we do line dry most everything. Most everything dries overnight. I will use our building's dryer on occasion, usually when I get a new diaper to seal the PUL. So it's definitely a good idea to do it at least once to prevent leaks.
If you do plan on doing it regularly I'd recommend tumble drying or at least using no hotter than the medium heat setting.

Advertisement

LinzTAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:49 AM   #12
SaraElise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I dry everything in the dryer and always have for the 4 continuous years I've been CDing. The velcro sort of curled up and stopped working...after 3 straight years of use from 2 kids. I'm not convinced it was the dryer as much as continual use for so long.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:02 AM   #13
Minniebees
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2two
seller

My Mood:

I use the dryer on high, and haven't had any problems.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:10 AM   #14
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller

I put prefolds and inserts in the dryer and hang dry covers.
KelseyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:18 AM   #15
MrsJennN
Registered Users

I am new to cloth diapering and work full time. It is reassuring to read that so many of you dry your inserts and prefolds in the dryer. I don't have the ability to line dry everything. I am going to hang dry my covers and pockets though. Thanks for sharing your routine.
MrsJennN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:28 AM   #16
thirdtimemomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I dry everything. It's easier and less clutter in my house. I have had 2-4 kids in diapers for 11 years. My house would look really sloppy with a laundry rack up all that time.

Vicki- Wife to my Pastor Hubby 13 years, HS Mama to my 7 blessings ages 11, 9, 7, 5, 3, 1 and baby 5/29/12.
thirdtimemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:46 AM   #17
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

Inserts I have no problems putting in the dryer. Covers I prefer to line dry but this last month or so it's been VERY rainy and it's the end of pregnancy so I have not been line drying anything.
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:31 AM   #18
chargerslove
Registered Users

Everything goes in the dryer on high heat for two cycles. I wish I had space to line dry!
chargerslove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:51 AM   #19
MamaJules
Registered Users
seller

I feel like using cloth diapers is a priority for me, but they do take extra time. So my compromise is to use them, but to make them as easy as possible. If I had to line dry my diapers, that would be a deal breaker for me and I would be a full time sposie user. One of my main criteria when looking for diapers though was to find something that dries fairly quickly. We use Bottom Bumpers all in ones -- the soaker snaps in and out, rather than everything being sewn together, so they are completely dry in one dryer cycle. I used our medium diapers for a year and a half on DS1 and a year and a half on DS2, and am now in the process of passing them along to someone else. The inners are pretty shredded, but the PUL outers are in pretty decent shape. I really don't think that putting them in the dryer is bad for them, despite what some of the diaper companies say. But as someone else mentioned, don't stretch the elastic until they have cooled off -- elastic will die much more quickly if it is stretched while hot.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:53 AM   #20
Van1300
Registered Users
seller

I dry inserts and prefolds. I line dry my BG pockets and covers. High dryer heat ruined PUL on some old BG. But I have a gas dryer so I don't know if that makes a difference.