Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-28-2012, 10:54 AM   #71
MotoMommaNH
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: targets biodegradable pristine clean detergent

OK, so I finally took the plunge and tried it on a load of diapers. No overnight ones yet as those will be the TRUE test for me; but so far I like it! Very nice fresh clean smell after the wash and NO suds left behind like the Tide. (was doing 3 rinses with that and did only 2 with Target detergent)
Unfortunately like pp said it's kind of pricey (slightly more than the Tide I currently use). However if I reserve it's use for diapers only and use my Charlie's on the rest of my laundry it may be do-able. Time will tell.

Advertisement

Old 10-28-2012, 11:10 AM   #72
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

The price is the only kinda drawback for me but sience I was using like Tide before its comparable in price.. The benifits for us though have been great. We use this now on all our laundry though yes it means I'm pretty much buying a new bottle every paycheck. I do add some borox to boost this when doing our towels or DH hiking heavy soiled stuff but were loving the clear skin which is a HUGE thing for me.
I use to the 3 line for my diapers and the 2 line for most clothes (3 for heavy soiled) a bottle is lasting about a month.. a small bottle of tide for us lasted about 1.5 months
However my rountinue is now
prewash- with a splash of bleach added no detergent
long hot wash with detergent to the 3 line and a little bit of lemonshine to combat our hard water (calgon borox ect gives her rashes but this doesn't) with extra rinse selected
Dry

That is it the added bit of lemonshine makes our rinse cycles CRYSTAL clear Ive eliminated the need to double wash with a combo of the lemonshine and Target detergent

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:55 AM   #73
hylndlas
Registered Users

I know this is an old thread (SORRY)!

But is anyone still using this detergent??

It seems like all my local targets aren't carrying it anymore and I can't find it online.
Old 12-08-2013, 01:15 PM   #74
Txladybug
Registered Users

I think they might have stopped selling it. I got a few bottles several months ago on clearance and haven't seen it at my target again since.
Txladybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 01:48 PM   #75
c&w's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

yep, pretty sure its gone I'm still using it but will be out soon. Don't know what I'll do since tide gives me rashes and the bubbles just keep coming with my water/washer.
c&w's mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 05:43 PM   #76
flylady0505
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by c&w's mama
yep, pretty sure its gone I'm still using it but will be out soon. Don't know what I'll do since tide gives me rashes and the bubbles just keep coming with my water/washer.

Arm and hammer free and clear
flylady0505 is offline   Reply With Quote