Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-11-2012, 11:36 PM   #111
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingrid5699

Awesome Kate! Same thing for me-all my losses measured behind (and since they were all IVF babies my dates were pinpointed to the minute!) and had a too slow for GA HB. So hopefully I'll see an on track bean with hb today at my appointment.

Marie that is NUTS about the formula. I live in a country were formula advertising for babies younger than 6 months and handing out samples is strictly forbidden so never had any problems there. Extended BFer too-I only ever weaned my kids to TTC again (13m with DS and 26m with DD) and will definitely BF as long as baby wants this time. Oh and once I get my energy back I'll finish my LLL leader training I'm at the last part of it.
My preemie was different (HE was perfect! My body failed), but I've had one loss where baby measured perfect til 10 weeks and then suddenly stopped, so not even ultrasounds calm me---but I also bled with that baby twice before losing and was 100% convinced my progesterone was low from still nursing my 1DS

Advertisement

Marie CDing, BWing, ERFing, ExtBFing, Picture-Obsessed mama to Smidget (6/09) and 6 angels (6 weeks 9/07, 12 weeks 4/08, 4 weeks 9/10, 15 weeks 04/11, Deagan born alive at 23 weeks 10/11, and 9 weeks 2/12) and wife to AJ since 2005.

[***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40]
quicksilverNHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:32 AM   #112
ingrid5699
Registered Users

Re: Pregnancy After Loss (October 1-15)

Marie that stinks that you had so many different loss experiences. I guess nothing short of holding a full term baby will calm your fears?

AFM-scan went well. One bean measuring 6+6 which is 2 days off but close enough for me to try and think things will be fine. HB was steady and fast and it never was with my losses so so far so good. Back to final RE scan Tuesday so not long at all.
Ingrid, Mommy to Patrick 12'06 and Aurelia 12'08, Mommy to 6 angel babies-triplets 11'04, baby B 5'06 and our last little angel 2'12, chemical pregnancy 6'12, hoping our rainbow baby will join us in May 2013
ingrid5699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:56 AM   #113
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:
Glad you two both had good scans!

Why does it feel like a Monday?? Yuck. One more day of work. I think I can, I think I can...

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using DS Forum
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:23 AM   #114
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by myblessedbaby View Post
I had my first ultrasound today. My prayers were that baby would measure 7 weeks (which is where I am based on O) and have a strong heartbeat. Both prayers were answered. Baby measured 7 weeks and 1 day, with a heart beat of 146. I literally cried when I saw baby on the screen and the ultrasound tech told us the stats. Out of my 9 pregnancies, only my DS and DD have measured on track for dates, all the others that even made it to an ultrasound measured a week behind or more. So I'm choosing to believe that this one will be my take home rainbow baby
That's wonderful, Kate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingrid5699 View Post
AFM-scan went well. One bean measuring 6+6 which is 2 days off but close enough for me to try and think things will be fine. HB was steady and fast and it never was with my losses so so far so good. Back to final RE scan Tuesday so not long at all.
for you, too, Ingrid! 2 days is really not a big difference - could be a matter of mismeasuring by a mm, kwim? for a wonderful scan for you next week as well.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:24 AM   #115
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingrid5699
Marie that stinks that you had so many different loss experiences. I guess nothing short of holding a full term baby will calm your fears?
My losses were 6, 12, 4, 15, 23, and 9 weeks. With 3 baby stopped growing before 6 weeks. With 2 I had HB and then lost (although one stopped growing just before 7 weeks). Then my micro-preemie.

At this point I'm beyond all but 2 of my losses as far as gestational growth. You'd think that would comfort me. But I won't be able to breathe properly til this one is HOME safely.
Marie CDing, BWing, ERFing, ExtBFing, Picture-Obsessed mama to Smidget (6/09) and 6 angels (6 weeks 9/07, 12 weeks 4/08, 4 weeks 9/10, 15 weeks 04/11, Deagan born alive at 23 weeks 10/11, and 9 weeks 2/12) and wife to AJ since 2005.

Old 10-14-2012, 08:12 AM   #116
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hope everyone's weekend is going well!

I hit 14 weeks today, and also 3 months today 2nd trimester, baby!
Old 10-14-2012, 08:30 PM   #117
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:
Hi gals! Had a pretty uneventful weekend but it went by fast. I've got my 20w scan tomorrow morning so I'll check in after that!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using DS Forum
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:47 PM   #118
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Crampiness, sudden sharp pain, and then a gush of fluid.

I swear I pulled down my pants in the middle of my kitchen right then and there to make sure it wasn't blood.

Also: dear stretching pains, I'm glad you're there, but please don't scare the crap out of me again. Keep it on an even keel, okay?

Also: DH farted near me tonight---and sent me rushing to hurl. Thanks DH!!!

Old 10-15-2012, 05:23 AM   #119
finleyjudemommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh Marie....the farting thing made me giggle.... My DH is away for work this week and I'd move to have him here to fart near me....I put the kids to bed at 8:15 last night, did not hear ONE peep out of them all night and they were still bears getting up this morning....It's going to be a long week!

AFM.....23 weeks 3 days today...felt movement almost all day yesterday! The baby had the hiccups at least 4 different times last night I looked it up and actually read that "only the more mature fetuses will hiccup as hiccups rely on the development of the central nervous system." Not sure how reliable that is and I don't care, it made me feel better. 5 year old daughter had them all the time in my belly too.....

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 10-15-2012, 07:10 AM   #120
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS8213 View Post
Hi gals! Had a pretty uneventful weekend but it went by fast. I've got my 20w scan tomorrow morning so I'll check in after that!
20 weeks?! I can't believe we've been in here that long (I mean, I'm not there yet, but I remember you being early weeks!)

Can't wait to here about it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverNHS View Post
Crampiness, sudden sharp pain, and then a gush of fluid.

I swear I pulled down my pants in the middle of my kitchen right then and there to make sure it wasn't blood.

Also: dear stretching pains, I'm glad you're there, but please don't scare the crap out of me again. Keep it on an even keel, okay?

Also: DH farted near me tonight---and sent me rushing to hurl. Thanks DH!!!
Shucks, sorry about the stretching pain/cramping stuff. That woulda terrified me too!
about your DH!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by finleyjudemommy View Post
AFM.....23 weeks 3 days today...felt movement almost all day yesterday! The baby had the hiccups at least 4 different times last night I looked it up and actually read that "only the more mature fetuses will hiccup as hiccups rely on the development of the central nervous system." Not sure how reliable that is and I don't care, it made me feel better. 5 year old daughter had them all the time in my belly too.....

Hope everyone has a great day!
That kinda makes sense about the hiccups. Huh. Never thought about it, really, but it kinda makes sense.
DD had hiccups ALL the time inside me. She would hiccup for a few minutes, then kick and squirm like crazy. Then keep hiccuping, lol. After she was born, for her first couple months, she had hiccups a lot and it always made her SO mad - it always did, hence the fighting when she had them inside
None of my boys had them terrible like she did, but they all had them from time to time. She had them like multiple times each day, though. Poor kid!

AFM: I'm trying not to freak out. Not succeeding well, based on being awake and tossing and turning half the night. But trying not to freak out. There's nothing we could do anyways.
I didn't feel Babe move much on Saturday through the day, but we were out and busy, running around (literally tons of walking) all day. I'm sure I could have missed movement, kwim? That night I finally felt him squirming and moving, probably for 20-30 minutes or so (that's normal as per what I felt through last week).
Then yesterday I felt almost nothing, all day. I think I felt a little moving at church during the sermon and again after supper (again we were busy, running around most of the day, those were nearly the only times we were sitting down) but if it was movement it was only a minute or 2, nothing like the tons of squirming and moving he normally has been doing.

I mean, I know it could be lots of things and everything could be fine. But my inner stupid voice keeps screaming that the Babe is all ready dead, just floating around in me, just like Elli did, that I'm just carrying death again.
Don't like feeling like this, having these thoughts.
and for some wiggles again today. We'll be home all day, so I'll be more "normal" activity wise (not walking around constantly, lol). So hopefully I'll be reassured and feeling okay again by the end of the day.