Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-05-2012, 06:08 PM   #1
mommy2fourmunchkins
Registered Users
seller

Placenta previa?

Just found out today I have one :-/ this pregnancy keeps getting more and more complicated. Does anyone here have experience with a complete previa moving off the cervix? The biggest catch is I deliver at 32 weeks so I likely don't have the full 23 remaining weeks for it to move.

Advertisement

*~*Amanda- US Navy wife to David, mommy to Kaiden (2/1/05), Kyndal (7/18/07), Identical Twins Rowan and Ryder (8/20/09), surrogate mother to Maddie (3/8/2011) and our newest rainbow, Everett (1/23/13)
mommy2fourmunchkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:03 PM   #2
jmoon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Placenta previa?

ddc, but I had a partial previa at 18 weeks, and just had my ultrasound at 26 weeks and it moved!!!!! My midwife says most of the times it moves out of the way! Hope it works out for you
Old 10-05-2012, 11:16 PM   #3
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have not had one but I do know that it is possible for it to move and when it does you might have some bleeding so try not to freak out if that happens. Fingers crossed for you mama!
Old 10-06-2012, 07:54 AM   #4
NappyChappy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Same here I'm not going to worry with it until my 22 wk u/s and we will see where it is. That just means I have to do dual care until then...gosh how I love to see an OB and a midwife! Especially since the OB has no idea and just keeps trying to push all kinds of bull on me already.

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1454524
NappyChappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:43 PM   #5
Caz
Registered Users
Formerly: ccin***s
seller
seller

My Mood:

Also DDC...

With my first, I had a complete previa diagnosed due to episodes of bleeding at 16 weeks. They continued to monitor it by u/s at every appt. At my 24wk appt it hadn't budged and my OB was convinced that it wasn't going to and wanted to go ahead and schedule a c/s. BUT, between my 28 and 30 wk appts, it not only moved a little, but completely cleared my cervix so that a c/s was no longer even part of the discussion.

So, yes, you still have PLENTY of time for it to move!
Old 10-06-2012, 06:53 PM   #6
love2row
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just curious why you're delivering at 32 weeks (or maybe I read this wrong). I can only echo what the others have said about there being a chance that it will still move and be OK. Fingers crossed for you.
Beth - blissfully married to Doug. DS - Liam & Welcoming #2 in March 2013 New SAHM & Labor Doula.

love2row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:25 PM   #7
mommy2fourmunchkins
Registered Users
seller

My history ;-)
Ds1 was my only term baby but I was in the hospital on mag dialated to a 5-6 at 32 weeks
Dd1 unable to stop labor born at 32 week exactly
Twins born at 32.3 weeks, unable to stop labor
Surrogate baby born 31.6, they stopped labor fit two days before she came

It's just very unlikely that I'll go past that 32 week mark.
*~*Amanda- US Navy wife to David, mommy to Kaiden (2/1/05), Kyndal (7/18/07), Identical Twins Rowan and Ryder (8/20/09), surrogate mother to Maddie (3/8/2011) and our newest rainbow, Everett (1/23/13)
mommy2fourmunchkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:15 AM   #8
pgkcb13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caz View Post
Also DDC...

With my first, I had a complete previa diagnosed due to episodes of bleeding at 16 weeks. They continued to monitor it by u/s at every appt. At my 24wk appt it hadn't budged and my OB was convinced that it wasn't going to and wanted to go ahead and schedule a c/s. BUT, between my 28 and 30 wk appts, it not only moved a little, but completely cleared my cervix so that a c/s was no longer even part of the discussion.

So, yes, you still have PLENTY of time for it to move!
This sounds very much like my story! I had previa with my first too, diagnosed due to bleeding (had bleeding all through 1st and 2nd tri). Mine was completely cleared by 32 weeks... I'd say there's plenty of hope mama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2fourmunchkins View Post
My history ;-)
Ds1 was my only term baby but I was in the hospital on mag dialated to a 5-6 at 32 weeks
Dd1 unable to stop labor born at 32 week exactly
Twins born at 32.3 weeks, unable to stop labor
Surrogate baby born 31.6, they stopped labor fit two days before she came

It's just very unlikely that I'll go past that 32 week mark.
I find this really interesting. I think it's so amazing that different people's bodies have different 'incubation' times. I go 42 weeks, opposite of you, lol! My mw last time told me that women from different areas tend to have different times too. I think it was ethiopia she said the majority normally 43 weeks (unfortunately meaning women from there generally get c-sections here since western medicine considers carrying that long too big a risk).
ISO Gypsum Keens in Kids size 12
pgkcb13 is offline   Reply With Quote