Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-02-2012, 05:02 AM   #31
sterlids
Registered Users
seller

Re: Lil Shamrocks - Week of Oct 1

does anyone else wear a different style of underwear during pregnancy? i did with my son and am gonna have to get a similar style again soon. i took my undies off tonight at the had been digging into the creases where the legs join the torso, kwim?

Advertisement

Old 10-02-2012, 06:01 AM   #32
Christylkeller
Registered Users

My Mood:

Ashley- Can you just make a dress you are comfortable making and then put a solid long sleeve shirt on underneath? Or even a fun striped sleeved shirt? I can't give help beyond that. I have only made dresses for DD with flutter sleeves.

Homeschooling mom to A- '01, M- '05, E- '08 and G born 3/5/13 VBA3C

Always missing my 17 weeker E 7/25/11
Christylkeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:50 AM   #33
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

I was also going to say just put a long sleeve shirt under!

sterlids: I still wear the same unders but I have noticed that they fall down easier. Maybe because they are sitting lower? I might need some new ones for under skirts or dresses but Fall weather is coming soon so tights will keep them up, I might not bother!

Anyone else having a hard time sleeping comfortably? I stopped taking unisom because I don't throw up anymore but now I have a hard time sleeping. I just cannot get comfortable. I toss and turn a lot and wake often. It is also hard to get to sleep. I feel SO tired during the day but I am afraid to nap because it might make it worse.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:16 AM   #34
love2row
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinpossible View Post
Anyone else having a hard time sleeping comfortably? I stopped taking unisom because I don't throw up anymore but now I have a hard time sleeping. I just cannot get comfortable. I toss and turn a lot and wake often. It is also hard to get to sleep. I feel SO tired during the day but I am afraid to nap because it might make it worse.
I am as well. I know we've chatted about it on FB, but even with the new bed I'm still up. Much more comfortable than on the old bed, but still waking often in the night and have a hard time getting back to sleep. It scares me that it's starting this early. I've been trying some valarian or skullcap, but neither is really helping. Well, they are helping with the initial falling asleep, but not staying that way. Hope you get some sleep soon.

As for the undies issue - I didn't get new ones last time, but I'm really have a problem with them staying up this time. In both my too small & too tight jeans (I am having major pant issues). So, I think I might need to suck it up and buy some maternity panties, which I just don't want to do. But I think my sanity might require it. Boo.
Beth - blissfully married to Doug. DS - Liam & Welcoming #2 in March 2013 New SAHM & Labor Doula.

love2row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:59 AM   #35
earthmama7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco-mum View Post
So, DD told me she wants to be a witch. I plan on making her costume and got all of the fabrics/materials to do so. But.. I've never made a dress with sleeves! I've made several dresses for DD over the past two years but adding sleeves (long sleeves at that) is something I have no idea how to do. Any crafty mamas on here that can help me out here? Or provide links? I've been looking for long sleeve dress tutorials but can only find peasant dresses which isn't the look I'm going for. Oy. I am probably in way over my head
I have never made a dress, but I would just make a sleeveless dress and add sleeves by folding your fabric in half, but folding it so it comes down narrower where the wrist will be and wider at the shoulder (Measure DDs upper arm and wrist and cut the measurement in half but add about a half inch, so when you open the fold it would be the same as the circumference of her arm but with an extra inch for movement and the seam), like a triangle sort of. Cut it and turn it inside out. Sew the seam. Turn it right side out with the dress inside out and stick it through the armpit hole on the shoulder with the seam in the armpit. Sew along the edges. Turn it all right side out, and presto! It's hard to probably understand and your like me and a visual learner, but I bet there is a tutorial on youtube for adding sleeves even if it's on a shirt. Hope that helps! Good luck! (Oh and I think the long sleeve shirt under with stripes would be cute too!)
earthmama7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:56 AM   #36
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

BEWARE OF VENT!! I am super hormonal today. Haven't slept well in a while. My boys wake often, especially my youngest whose allergies are waking him up with drainage and coughing

My dog just brought me my favorite surprise...a bloody disposable pad. I am the only person in the house that likes this dog, and today I am annoyed by him. Stop licking me, Jarvis!!!! Especially after chewing on a bloody pad!

Mad that nobody cleans up after themselves. That the upstairs bathroom is covered in my sister's hair and the smell of menstrual blood. Aggravated that she didn't clean up after herself AGAIN! (we are trying to sell our house, so it isn't optional). Cranky that the dog keeps chewing on things inside, but escapes if I put him in the back yard. Exhausted from the little demanding tornadoes that keep destroying every room after I clean it. Gripe, gripe, gripe.

Ok. Feel a bit better now.

Just tired and cranky!
Old 10-02-2012, 11:40 AM   #37
lilbitcrunchy
Registered Users
Formerly: lovnbabygabi
seller

My Mood:

about the dog! I can't stand my dog most days too and he's not nearly as bad as that

yay for a u/s sterlids, hello baby!

I had an appt today too. Finally got a heartbeat easily on the doppler and that even surprised the m/w. My girls will be bumblebees as DD1 asked (and baby sister must match always..they love it). My next appointment is on Halloween actually and I'm assuming they'll do the anatomy u/s then I totally blanked and didn't ask.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:22 PM   #38
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

I need to vent too!

I was taking the girls to baby class this morning and stopped at a drive thru Starbucks for an iced tea. I ordered then pulled around and looked for my wallet. It was not in my bag!!! I was SO but the barista was nice and gave me the drink on the house. I rushed home to find my wallet and couldn't find it anywhere. I was just about to panic when I found it under a blanket?
After the baby class I stopped at Whole Foods for a sandwich, my belly was GROWLING. There was a line and the lady at the front was super annoying and taking forever, after 15 min. of NO progress I gave up and bought stuff to make a sandwich. I know it seems silly that this stuff got me all worked up but that's pregnancy for you!
Old 10-02-2012, 03:04 PM   #39
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

Hungry and hormonal is a bad combo! Glad the barista was so nice to you!
Old 10-02-2012, 03:07 PM   #40
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Ya a hungry pregnant woman is something to fear. I almost attacked the woman in the front of the line that was being so slow and difficult. I was there with my twins in a double stroller, it was clear I did not have a ton of time to wait around!