Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-02-2012, 12:16 PM   #91
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlycurry

Who is anyone to say anything about another person's family size? To each his/her own! I see nothing wrong with large families.

I'm glad you can come here and share with us!!
I always tell moms of many not to worry because people always have something to say. We get "oh poor amelia shes an only child! Why won't you give her siblings?" And on and on.

Advertisement

Old 10-02-2012, 12:17 PM   #92
carlycurry
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: TTC 30+ Oct. 1-Oct. 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmommy13 View Post
I always tell moms of many not to worry because people always have something to say. We get "oh poor amelia shes an only child! Why won't you give her siblings?" And on and on.
Exactly! Logan is turning 6 in December... for so long now I've heard, "Oh he's an only child?" or "when you gonna have another one?"

People need to mind their own business!
Baby #3 coming July 2015
carlycurry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:25 PM   #93
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
My grandparents are the worst. When they found out that #5 died yet said 'you really don't need more than 4 anyway'. Now, I let it slide because they are old and losing their minds.
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:25 PM   #94
mvp529
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlycurry

Exactly! Logan is turning 6 in December... for so long now I've heard, "Oh he's an only child?" or "when you gonna have another one?"

People need to mind their own business!
Yep. I get the exact opposite. But this is an amazing group of ladies. For so long, I did not have a siggy for the same fears. But I feel at home and have not had any negative feedback. I love you ladies and we all share a common thing, we know how precious new life is!!!
Old 10-02-2012, 12:33 PM   #95
carlycurry
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaDeanette View Post
My grandparents are the worst. When they found out that #5 died yet said 'you really don't need more than 4 anyway'. Now, I let it slide because they are old and losing their minds.
Old people can be more harsh... I've noticed it... I think it must be part of a generational gap... or at least I tell myself that to feel better... they don't say the most tactful things.
Baby #3 coming July 2015
carlycurry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:44 PM   #96
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCPACandMommy
In the words of my 4yo "Holy Moly Donut Shop!"
It showed up right away!
OH MY GOSH!!! OH MY GOSH!!! OH!!!!! MY!!!!! GOSH!!!!!!!!!!! CARISSA!!!!!!!!

I am bawling, jumping up and down, so freaking happy & excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!
OH!!!!! MY!!!!! GOSH!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

leviandgarettsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:50 PM   #97
mvp529
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by leviandgarettsmom

OH MY GOSH!!! OH MY GOSH!!! OH!!!!! MY!!!!! GOSH!!!!!!!!!!! CARISSA!!!!!!!!

I am bawling, jumping up and down, so freaking happy & excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!
OH!!!!! MY!!!!! GOSH!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know! I keep looking back so I can see her BFP again and again!

Decided to make some pumpkin cheesecake muffins in celebration! Perfect occasion to start my fall pumpkin baking fest!!!!
Old 10-02-2012, 02:18 PM   #98
ElsieCayare
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlycurry View Post
Who is anyone to say anything about another person's family size? To each his/her own! I see nothing wrong with large families.

I'm glad you can come here and share with us!!
I think that some people have a hard time with large families when the parents do not take care of their children.

I'm 5th of 5, and I think that my siblings (#3 and 4) got shortchanged. It was a blended family, and they always seemed to get the short end of the stick.

My husband is #3 of 4 biological (7 if you include adoptive siblings) and he liked his biological siblings, but only ever calls one of the adoptive siblings his brother. Growing up, he had 20 or so foster siblings, and I know that the volume of people in the house, coupled with his parents extremely limited means was really difficult. (I think his brother and sister STILL have anger issues about this, 20 years later)

For us, I think 4 is the ABSOLUTE limit. Probably more realistically it will be 3.

My brother has 5 boys and I used to find being around them very overwhelming.

An acquaintance of my husband's is on wife #3 in the last 7 years, and is having his second baby post V-reversal. This will be their 2nd baby together and 7th overall. I think one of them works part time, and was recently bragging about the state paying for his college. They seem to spend an awful lot on their toys (motorcycles, etc). I have a VERY hard time with this, but despite wanting to say something, I have kept my mouth shut.

I think that there are a lot of big families out there that make big families in general look bad. I think this is why there are a lot of negative comments.

I think that if you want to have a big family and everyone is loved, more power to you.

Please don't think that I am criticizing people with big families, I am just explaining why people with big families get the comments that they do.

Like I said, if you can handle it, GOOD FOR YOU!!!
ElsieCayare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:29 PM   #99
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvp529

I know! I keep looking back so I can see her BFP again and again!
Me too!!!

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum

leviandgarettsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:42 PM   #100
mvp529
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElsieCayare

I think that some people have a hard time with large families when the parents do not take care of their children.

I'm 5th of 5, and I think that my siblings (#3 and 4) got shortchanged. It was a blended family, and they always seemed to get the short end of the stick.

My husband is #3 of 4 biological (7 if you include adoptive siblings) and he liked his biological siblings, but only ever calls one of the adoptive siblings his brother. Growing up, he had 20 or so foster siblings, and I know that the volume of people in the house, coupled with his parents extremely limited means was really difficult. (I think his brother and sister STILL have anger issues about this, 20 years later)

For us, I think 4 is the ABSOLUTE limit. Probably more realistically it will be 3.

My brother has 5 boys and I used to find being around them very overwhelming.

An acquaintance of my husband's is on wife #3 in the last 7 years, and is having his second baby post V-reversal. This will be their 2nd baby together and 7th overall. I think one of them works part time, and was recently bragging about the state paying for his college. They seem to spend an awful lot on their toys (motorcycles, etc). I have a VERY hard time with this, but despite wanting to say something, I have kept my mouth shut.

I think that there are a lot of big families out there that make big families in general look bad. I think this is why there are a lot of negative comments.

I think that if you want to have a big family and everyone is loved, more power to you.

Please don't think that I am criticizing people with big families, I am just explaining why people with big families get the comments that they do.

Like I said, if you can handle it, GOOD FOR YOU!!!
Seems that quote can be said about any size family nowadays. I see this type of behavior across the board. I am a social worker in a major trauma hospital and deal with so many bad parents. I would venture to say that all of that is a product of parenting not family size. I have 8 kids, all but one 11 and under. Our house is very peaceful, organized and fun. It all depends on the training and values the parents set and require. My kids are often more manageable and well behaved than many of my friends with 2 kids. But that's my dh and I style of parenting.