Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-16-2012, 07:37 PM   #61
katengrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: August 2011 - October chat

Wow! Sounds like some kind of outing Naomi. I hate those kind of days. I just saw Crystal comment on fb...I didn't know you were on fb?
So, I had an embarrassing mom moment today too... mostly because I lost my cool in front of a bunch of other people. I had just picked up the big girls from school and loaded them all in the car. I was trying to back out of my parking spot, but cars kept coming so I waited and waited. Finally the last car passed behind me and I knew it was still partially there, but I could very easily back out at an angle and get in line. Well, this nut (older woman, probably a grandma) starts freaking out and blowing her horn at me like nonstop. By now everyone is staring...if she beeped once she beeped 30 times. I got flustered and pulled up next to her, rolled down my window and said (more like yelled) "I saw you, ok. Just chill out!" I was kinda surprised I did anything because I am not a confrontational person. I think she was too because she let me go ahead of her. Of course my kids are going, what's going on? What did you say to her? Smooth move...way to loose your cool mom. I'm sure I'll see this lady tomorrow in pick-up.

Advertisement

Old 10-17-2012, 06:41 AM   #62
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Carrie I don't think you lost your cool. I love how your kids are like whats going on? I wish mine were like that. Mine would have been repeating, "I saw you, ok. Just chill out!" non stop bc that is what they do!!! They think they are smarter drivers then me. They will be like "Mom that was a yellow." ---me: "And your point Blu?" Blu--"Yellow means slooooow." Me "Hey thanks Blu--I did but let me drive ok."

"Hey mom you need to look forward when you are driving," Me "Hey Blu I am backing up I need to look at the direction I am going, why don't you leave the driving up to me I have been doing it longer."

I think he may be to large to rear-face him again LOL!

Last edited by dagmomma; 10-17-2012 at 06:49 AM.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:48 AM   #63
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Naomi--I always feel like we have our own crazy theme music that follows me and the kids everywhere! It is kind of like the circus but more with kazoos--bc thats crazier like in 16 candles when the school bus pulls up--Thats what goes on in my head whenever we go anywhere and everyone is starring at us. I want to shout--"HERE WE COME, WATCH OUT EVERYONE"
Old 10-17-2012, 07:03 AM   #64
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
Naomi--I always feel like we have our own crazy theme music that follows me and the kids everywhere! It is kind of like the circus but more with kazoos--bc thats crazier like in 16 candles when the school bus pulls up--Thats what goes on in my head whenever we go anywhere and everyone is starring at us. I want to shout--"HERE WE COME, WATCH OUT EVERYONE"
yeah, I always joke that we are the circus side show/freak show.
heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:26 PM   #65
estradaamyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I've been walking Izzy to school. I totally get the circus theme. One day I had Casper on my back, Daycare boy on front, was pushing the Bob with daycare girl and June and holding daycare boy's hand. Ray asked how the day went and if I still wanted to adopt. I said, "oh yeah! Teenagers to babysit!"
estradaamyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:00 PM   #66
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by estradaamyl View Post
I've been walking Izzy to school. I totally get the circus theme. One day I had Casper on my back, Daycare boy on front, was pushing the Bob with daycare girl and June and holding daycare boy's hand. Ray asked how the day went and if I still wanted to adopt. I said, "oh yeah! Teenagers to babysit!"
I would bold the funny part but the whole entire quote would get bolded!
Old 10-19-2012, 10:31 AM   #67
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

life is getting very busy for everyone..our little ones not so little any more! *le sigh

i'm sooooooooo glad it is friday, no school tomorrow. I'm hoping the kids sleep in, but I know kezia will wake up at 6, she always does. still, maybe they could all sleep til 7, that would be awesome.

we've got a busy day planned. the maritime museum is having a free day with a simple craft for kids, story time and tours of the submarine. I've never been (it's usually $12 for adults ), so I'm hoping to get there for even just a little bit. Then in the afternoon our church is having a trip to a farm. lots of popcorn, bobbing for apples, scarecrow making contests and more. should also be fun. but, wayne will be at work for both of these events, so it will be oh solo mio with 3 crazy kids. still, I think it will be things the kids will enjoy, so hopefully we'll just roll with the punches and enjoy ourselves.

time for lunch and naps
heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:49 AM   #68
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
I was all set to type out a long post and also mentioning how quiet it's been in here. I don't know about everyone else's babes but Harper is into absolutely everything!! I cannot leave her unattended for two minutes or she does things like this.... (don't mind my messy desk... )

I am exhausted!

My period is a no show this month. I've had it regularly for four months now and it was due the 5th. My hormones are crazy nonetheless and I'd like for it to come already.

I've been working on Dominic's and Nathan's costumes. Nathan's is finished besides a belt and Dominic's is a WIP. I'm so disappointed our church had to cancel the trunk-or-treat on Halloween because no one volunteered to work it (taking their kids to the high school football game instead). We love to ToT and it's fun to do with a group. Our neighborhood isn't exactly ToT friendly. What are you guys doing for Halloween?

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:53 PM   #69
Lifeisjoy
Registered Users
Formerly: Chatt-townmommy
seller
seller

My Mood:

BRITT- POAS??
Harper is so like "who me" ?? haha. Micah is NOT that adventurous yet.Thank Heavens.
So we have a foster puppy here we are looking to adopt. he is SO sweet, german shep/boxer mix. they think 3 mos oold. Very calm and loves to please, hubby picked him out. I will post a pic!
Mama to Malachi(12/31/08) and Micah(8/13/11) and with #3!
Lifeisjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:23 PM   #70
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
I would but I'm too cheap for it to be negative. Lol Dh had a V and the followup showed no swimmers. I highly doubt I'm pregnant.

Whew a German Shepherd/Boxer mix?? That sounds like a lot of energy to me. But I'm
sure having a pup around again will be healing.

ETA I should mention that I was literally out of the room for two minutes and that is how fast she is. I just said na-na and set her down and she went right back up. Oh the discovery of one's own will. Sigh....

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***

Last edited by mommabritt; 10-19-2012 at 01:25 PM.
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote