Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2012, 11:16 AM   #31
WyattsMommy09's Avatar
WyattsMommy09
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: AL
Posts: 990
Re: October Accountability Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyattsMommy09 View Post
*sigh* I don't even know why I bother starting this, I never finish. LOL

Week 1
1 0. I'm not going anywhere today. LOL
2 0. Its my best streak EVER! LOL
3 3... DH got us lost on our run, and the kids needed a drink, so we stopped at a gas station and spoiled them with a slurpee
4 $17.xx at the grocery store. Walked all the way there and intended to get only a loaf of bread... walked out with a bouquet, bread, and 2 doughnuts. BUT scored a $20 FTD gift card from the flowers, so balances out, since I'll use that for my grandmother's christmas gift.
5 $25.89 at CFA
6 $16.76 on lunch, $29.36 on Pizza
7 $15.52 CVS

Week 2
8 $29 on movie tickets, $18.50 on movie snacks, $12.47 on lunch, $15.81 on dinner, $15 on gas, $21.52 at Target
9
10
11
12
13
14


Week 3
15
16
17
18
19
20
21

Week 4
22
23
24
25
26
27
28

Week 5
29
30
31
Yikes, it was an expensive weekend. Hoping to have a 0 spend week until Sunday, which is grocery day, LOL.

And way too much eating out. Yuck. But I'm giving myself a pass, considering AF came to visit and was a beast. I spent 2 days curled up in a ball crying, so meh. And while yesterday was EXPENSIVE, a movie day was exactly what the kiddos needed to cheer up. And Frankenweenie was ADORABLE. I totally recommend it Its our first movie taking the kids to, and worth every penny.

Advertisement

WyattsMommy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:14 PM   #32
KiltedKingdom's Avatar
KiltedKingdom
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: UT
Posts: 2,693
My Mood:
Re: October Accountability Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyattsMommy09 View Post
Yikes, it was an expensive weekend. Hoping to have a 0 spend week until Sunday, which is grocery day, LOL.

And way too much eating out. Yuck. But I'm giving myself a pass, considering AF came to visit and was a beast. I spent 2 days curled up in a ball crying, so meh. And while yesterday was EXPENSIVE, a movie day was exactly what the kiddos needed to cheer up. And Frankenweenie was ADORABLE. I totally recommend it Its our first movie taking the kids to, and worth every penny.
Everyone needs a treat day. I thought about feeling bad about spending $8.50 at the store yesterday for donuts and choc. milk for DH because his foot was hurting (He broke it this summer and had surgery. Poor guy!), but he really needed a pick-me-up, so I don't feel bad. Besides, he shared!
__________________
Jennifer, homeschooling mom to 7
Ravelry
KiltedKingdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:10 PM   #33
WyattsMommy09's Avatar
WyattsMommy09
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: AL
Posts: 990
Re: October Accountability Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyattsMommy09 View Post
*sigh* I don't even know why I bother starting this, I never finish. LOL

Week 1
1 0. I'm not going anywhere today. LOL
2 0. Its my best streak EVER! LOL
3 3... DH got us lost on our run, and the kids needed a drink, so we stopped at a gas station and spoiled them with a slurpee
4 $17.xx at the grocery store. Walked all the way there and intended to get only a loaf of bread... walked out with a bouquet, bread, and 2 doughnuts. BUT scored a $20 FTD gift card from the flowers, so balances out, since I'll use that for my grandmother's christmas gift.
5 $25.89 at CFA
6 $16.76 on lunch, $29.36 on Pizza
7 $15.52 CVS

Week 2
8 $29 on movie tickets, $18.50 on movie snacks, $12.47 on lunch, $15.81 on dinner, $15 on gas, $21.52 at Target
9 $6.48 on groceries. All my potatoes went bad, and I needed them for Pot Roast tonight. Then I grabbed a salad dressing for the kids and some salad toppers. Saved over $25 though, with coupons and my club card. Wahoo!
10. 25.20 @ CFA, 15.40 at Walmart.
11
12
13
14


Week 3
15
16
17
18
19
20
21

Week 4
22
23
24
25
26
27
28

Week 5
29
30
31
So much for a zero spend week!!! LOL
WyattsMommy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:33 PM   #34
sweetgrace's Avatar
sweetgrace
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Oregon
Posts: 2,850
My Mood:
Re: October Accountability Thread

I can't believe I've stuck with this this long! I love being able to see exactly what we've spent money on
__________________
Tawny - wife and helpmeet to Gabriel SAHM to DS1 9/9/08 and
DS2 4/1/10 AND Expecting someone new in September!
sweetgrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:34 PM   #35
Bellaroo
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,550
Re: October Accountability Thread

My husband lost his job.

I don't even want to update with previous post with my recent spending because we bought our winter tires two days before he was let go. They're a necessity given where we live but still painful to think about.

We have a plan in place so I know things will be okay but it still really sucks.
Bellaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:55 PM   #36
WyattsMommy09's Avatar
WyattsMommy09
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: AL
Posts: 990
Re: October Accountability Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyattsMommy09 View Post
*sigh* I don't even know why I bother starting this, I never finish. LOL

Week 1
1 0. I'm not going anywhere today. LOL
2 0. Its my best streak EVER! LOL
3 3... DH got us lost on our run, and the kids needed a drink, so we stopped at a gas station and spoiled them with a slurpee
4 $17.xx at the grocery store. Walked all the way there and intended to get only a loaf of bread... walked out with a bouquet, bread, and 2 doughnuts. BUT scored a $20 FTD gift card from the flowers, so balances out, since I'll use that for my grandmother's christmas gift.
5 $25.89 at CFA
6 $16.76 on lunch, $29.36 on Pizza
7 $15.52 CVS

Week 2
8 $29 on movie tickets, $18.50 on movie snacks, $12.47 on lunch, $15.81 on dinner, $15 on gas, $21.52 at Target
9 $6.48 on groceries. All my potatoes went bad, and I needed them for Pot Roast tonight. Then I grabbed a salad dressing for the kids and some salad toppers. Saved over $25 though, with coupons and my club card. Wahoo!
10. 25.20 @ CFA, 15.40 at Walmart.
11 $43.96 at Target (its the devil, I swear!), and $18.77 at Jack in the Box
12 $0
13
14


Week 3
15
16
17
18
19
20
21

Week 4
22
23
24
25
26
27
28

Week 5
29
30
31
UGH I'm doing awful! My husband is such an enabler But I made him promise NOT to let us go out to eat for the rest of the month or spend too much money. *fingers crossed* for a better week
WyattsMommy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:57 PM   #37
WyattsMommy09's Avatar
WyattsMommy09
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: AL
Posts: 990
Re: October Accountability Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellaroo View Post
My husband lost his job.

I don't even want to update with previous post with my recent spending because we bought our winter tires two days before he was let go. They're a necessity given where we live but still painful to think about.

We have a plan in place so I know things will be okay but it still really sucks.

So sorry momma. I hope he finds another one ASAP
WyattsMommy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 02:31 PM   #38
wolffie
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,228
Re: October Accountability Thread

I updated my spending and it's been ridiculous this month. Too much needless spending on clothes for us (some needs and some buy ahead things for the kids), too much eating out, and just all around....TOO MUCH!
__________________
Mama to ds '08, dd '10, due w/#3 5/13! wife to Missing my angels 6/07, 10/07, 3/12
Let's swag! SWAG friends!
wolffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 04:05 PM   #39
sweetgrace's Avatar
sweetgrace
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Oregon
Posts: 2,850
My Mood:
Re: October Accountability Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellaroo View Post
My husband lost his job.

I don't even want to update with previous post with my recent spending because we bought our winter tires two days before he was let go. They're a necessity given where we live but still painful to think about.

We have a plan in place so I know things will be okay but it still really sucks.
Ah major Bummer! So sorry to hear this! I'm glad you have a plan in place. Is there hope for a new job soon in your area?
__________________
Tawny - wife and helpmeet to Gabriel SAHM to DS1 9/9/08 and
DS2 4/1/10 AND Expecting someone new in September!
sweetgrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 07:01 PM   #40
Skatha89's Avatar
Skatha89
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 383
Re: October Accountability Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skatha89 View Post
I always start these and never finish them. Plus I usually fail at budgeting too... Here's to trying again!

Week 1
1- $30 anniversary dinner
2- $0 (Not headed out of the house the rest of the day)
3- $7.65 Groceries (produce to hold us over until Friday)
4- $0
5- $117 (groceries), $36 (Walmart, clothing and household), $2 (Halloween store)
6- $18 (Christmas), $20 (Carl's Jr :/)
7- $1.17 (Hot Wheel Car lol)

Week 2
8- $5.xx (coffee, currently our coffee pot is broken)
9- $30 (Target: Coffee Pot and a few groceries)
10- $20 (Stupid preggo craving)
11- $0
12- $5 (Target)
13- $25 (Boudin SF) $112 (Gamestop, budgeted) $4 (Train Tickets) $3 (Shaved Ice) $5 (Old Navy, flip flops) $17 (BRU, shoes for DS) $40 (Bed Bath Beyond, Wedding Gift) $60 (TRU, Christmas, Budgeted)
14


Week 3
15
16
17
18
19
20
21

Week 4
22
23
24
25
26
27
28

Week 5
29
30
31
Expensive Day, but all budgeted. The Lunch, Shaved Ice and Train Tickets were planned family day out. The Flip-Flops were for my hospital bag. Christmas and Wedding presents, were budgeted as well DS' shoes.
__________________
Kristin, SAHM to D (1/3/11), M
(12/2/12) and SO to J.
Skatha89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.