Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2012, 07:57 PM   #41
Bellaroo
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,539
Re: October Accountability Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyattsMommy09 View Post

So sorry momma. I hope he finds another one ASAP
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetgrace View Post
Ah major Bummer! So sorry to hear this! I'm glad you have a plan in place. Is there hope for a new job soon in your area?
Thanks. He has a job interview on Monday and was told to bring in his resume to a couple of other places. We're hopeful that one will work out.

Advertisement

Bellaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:16 PM   #42
sweetgrace's Avatar
sweetgrace
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Oregon
Posts: 2,850
My Mood:
Re: October Accountability Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellaroo View Post
Thank you!



Thanks. He has a job interview on Monday and was told to bring in his resume to a couple of other places. We're hopeful that one will work out.
Getting an interview right away is really encouraging! I hope one will work out real soon for you!
__________________
Tawny - wife and helpmeet to Gabriel SAHM to DS1 9/9/08 and
DS2 4/1/10 AND Expecting someone new in September!
sweetgrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:12 PM   #43
lensesforeyes's Avatar
lensesforeyes
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,190
Really not doing so well. Was hoping to come in under budget this month, now it seems it's going to be tight just to stay in budget. We did have some unexpected but needed expenses this weekend, but I'm regretting some of the money I have spent. There is a consignment sale I'm selling at next week, hoping to help make up for some of the extra spending.
__________________
Wife to Rich , SAHM to Elliana 12/04, Tobiah 09/08, Naomi 02/10, Ruth 03/11, Jeanette 12/12 , and our new bean due 07/14.
lensesforeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:47 AM   #44
Marianna1988
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Naples, Italy
Posts: 2,517
I'm so hit and miss this month. Definitely way off course. Everytime I think I've corrected myself, I go and be financially irresponsible. Sigh. Good news is, I think I can exceed my goal of staying under $150 for food (normally I budget $200). I'm pretty sure I'll be at around $100 for 2.5 weeks! that even includes the bags I need to buy to finish off packaging up my items for the consignment sale (are we going to the same one, lensesforeyes? Lol). But that of course assumes I don't fall prey to impulse buts and markdown specials

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
__________________
Marianna and new Usborne Books and More consultant married to C mama to P (05/10) and J (12/11) and baby tre coming 10/14
~Shop at my absolute favorite cloth diaper store HERE! Free diapers, rewards points, and free shipping!~
~Save 20% with code NIFT8010 on your first order at: Diapers.com Soap.com Wag.com Yoyo.com Casa.com Afterschool.com Vine.com Bookworm.com and Look.com~
~$25 off your first order of $50 at gilt.com!
Marianna1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:22 PM   #45
cmarsh31's Avatar
cmarsh31
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,364
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarsh31 View Post
Ok, I've never done this before, but I absolutely HAVE to get our spending under control. It's making me crazy. We haven't had a budget in years and I'm constantly overwhelmed. Hoping this makes me feel more accountable.

Week 1
Paid for DD's ballet for the year ($350, saved $25), driveway sealing ($150), and yarn ($80) above "normal" expenses. Going to keep track of EVERYTHING the rest of the month so I can try to budget

Week 2
8 - $0
9 $65 (groceries), $46 (school pictures - some are Christmas gifts), $3.50 (Starbucks), $3 CVS (saved $24!!!), $4.31 (Shutterfly - shipping for free magnet Christmas Gift)
10 $3 CVS (vitamin sale, b1g1 & $3 off!) $20 lunch for me & dd and play place (former coworker on maternity leave)
11 $5 Groupon (for $30 gc to my FAVORITE restaurant!), $25 piano books (for the year), $72 gas UGGGG
12 $9 Deli (cold cuts for grilled sandwiches - our version of non-takeout dinner), $17.50 birthday gift for DD's bff
13 $55 YMCA (basketball for DS)
14 $6 Market (eggs & Italian bread for dinner tomorrow night)


Week 3
15 $255 Preschool Tuition, $12 hospital parking (SIL had her baby!), $? Dinner
16 $44 milk & egg delivery, $9 for parking & coffee at Hospital (again, no clue what DH is spending at the 2nd hospital)
17 $10 parking & coffee - at least SIL is out of the expensive parking hospital & now I can park for $1/day at the other! Bought a 5 pack of passes and then parked on the street a few blocks away for SIL (saved $6!)
18 $9 coffee & snack at hospital, $10 diapers for SIL
19 $62 on groceries (including ALL the Halloween candy we need!), $70 gas, $143 gymnastics because they forgot to charge me in Aug & I didn't realize til today, so I asked. no hospital cost - DS is sick so I have to stay away from the ICU , $62 TJs, $11 (cash - WOOHOO!) at 31 Party
20 $0
21 $55 Kohls (to replace the roasting pan DH ruined last Thanksgiving and new cookie sheets)

Week 4
22 $37 chiro, $5 coffee (yes, I have to stop getting coffee when I go to the hospital but I'm using my tutoring cash so I feel less guilty!)
23
24
25
26
27
28

Week 5
29
30
31

(Gas/Electric bill $170 11/2)
2nd week, here I go! Paid last month's bills. Not pretty, but not as bad as they've been. Hoping that next month I will finally see the light.

Crash. Burn. SIL had her baby a week early. Literally simultaneously, Great-Aunt-In-Law had a MAJOR car accident. DH and I are split between two hospitals (parking, food, etc).
__________________
Carly, momma to Matthew (5/2/05) and Jillian Grace (4/30/08) My Knitting Gallery Open for Customs

Last edited by cmarsh31; 10-22-2012 at 10:50 AM.
cmarsh31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:51 PM   #46
lensesforeyes's Avatar
lensesforeyes
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianna1988
I'm so hit and miss this month. Definitely way off course. Everytime I think I've corrected myself, I go and be financially irresponsible. Sigh. Good news is, I think I can exceed my goal of staying under $150 for food (normally I budget $200). I'm pretty sure I'll be at around $100 for 2.5 weeks! that even includes the bags I need to buy to finish off packaging up my items for the consignment sale (are we going to the same one, lensesforeyes? Lol). But that of course assumes I don't fall prey to impulse buts and markdown specials

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
JBF Tacoma? I'm working hard to get my stuff finished by tomorrow. I am completely shocked how much I missed for the last sale! I was thinking I'd have almost no clothes since most sold at the Renton one, but all of a sudden I have almost as many! Hoping I do as well (or better ) at this sale!

Btw, I tried PMing you about your offer to snap convert for me, but it won't send for some reason. I had a few questions, could you try sending me one?
__________________
Wife to Rich , SAHM to Elliana 12/04, Tobiah 09/08, Naomi 02/10, Ruth 03/11, Jeanette 12/12 , and our new bean due 07/14.
lensesforeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:40 PM   #47
Marianna1988
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Naples, Italy
Posts: 2,517
Re: October Accountability Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by lensesforeyes View Post
JBF Tacoma? I'm working hard to get my stuff finished by tomorrow. I am completely shocked how much I missed for the last sale! I was thinking I'd have almost no clothes since most sold at the Renton one, but all of a sudden I have almost as many! Hoping I do as well (or better ) at this sale!

Btw, I tried PMing you about your offer to snap convert for me, but it won't send for some reason. I had a few questions, could you try sending me one?
Yep, JBF Tacoma I just did the one in Renton too, and I was REALLY disappointed in it. I've only done the Tacoma sale one other time, and it was much better, I think. I had a few items go missing, but not nearly as many as Renton (and Renton is taking FOREVER to send checks, and she is NOT good about answering questions on her FB page). Olympia is the only one I've done that I haven't had any problems at, so I'm glad she's doing another one before we move. I'm scrambling for this sale too. I thought I didn't have much left to sell, but I think I have mroe now than I ever have before! lol.

I'll PM you right now
__________________
Marianna and new Usborne Books and More consultant married to C mama to P (05/10) and J (12/11) and baby tre coming 10/14
~Shop at my absolute favorite cloth diaper store HERE! Free diapers, rewards points, and free shipping!~
~Save 20% with code NIFT8010 on your first order at: Diapers.com Soap.com Wag.com Yoyo.com Casa.com Afterschool.com Vine.com Bookworm.com and Look.com~
~$25 off your first order of $50 at gilt.com!
Marianna1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:22 PM   #48
lensesforeyes's Avatar
lensesforeyes
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianna1988

Yep, JBF Tacoma I just did the one in Renton too, and I was REALLY disappointed in it. I've only done the Tacoma sale one other time, and it was much better, I think. I had a few items go missing, but not nearly as many as Renton (and Renton is taking FOREVER to send checks, and she is NOT good about answering questions on her FB page). Olympia is the only one I've done that I haven't had any problems at, so I'm glad she's doing another one before we move. I'm scrambling for this sale too. I thought I didn't have much left to sell, but I think I have mroe now than I ever have before! lol.

I'll PM you right now
I haven't actually checked, but from what I can tell, I did not have anything go missing. I need to actually go through and make sure, seeing all the complaints on the fb page has me nervous. I'm thinking maybe a lot of the missing stuff is from hand entered items like she said, because I have a laser printer, those do awesome printing bar codes that are scannable. I'm not thrilled with how long it's taking her to reply to my question about when checks are coming out, mine is for a lot and I don't want it stollen from my mail box.

Tacoma is the only one I've done before. I know I had at least one lost/stollen item, it was something I was on the fence about selling.

When do you move?
__________________
Wife to Rich , SAHM to Elliana 12/04, Tobiah 09/08, Naomi 02/10, Ruth 03/11, Jeanette 12/12 , and our new bean due 07/14.
lensesforeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:53 AM   #49
cmarsh31's Avatar
cmarsh31
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,364
My Mood:
Re: October Accountability Thread

We're falling off the page - I'm updating daily at least and feeling pretty good! Being accountable is DEFINITELY helping my spending (thus I only spent $62 at TJs yesterday instead of going wild and $11 at a 31 party - plus it was my tutoring cash, that DH says I'm supposed to spend on me but I rarely do).

After a bunch of unexpected stuff, though, I REALLY need a 0 day. Hoping I can pull it off.
__________________
Carly, momma to Matthew (5/2/05) and Jillian Grace (4/30/08) My Knitting Gallery Open for Customs
cmarsh31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:42 PM   #50
Skatha89's Avatar
Skatha89
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 383
Re: October Accountability Thread

Been 3 days of birthdays so far, and 3 more to go in October lol wrong month to do this!
__________________
Kristin, SAHM to D (1/3/11), M
(12/2/12) and SO to J.
Skatha89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.