Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2012, 03:01 PM   #121
carlycurry's Avatar
carlycurry
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 6,082
My Mood:
Re: Two week wait - Oct

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle0407 View Post
My miscarriage was Aug 17, I was just about 6 weeks along. My next cycle started Sept 17.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Okay, yeah so you are in a similar time frame to me... you probably O'd late this cycle... hormones seem wacky after a miscarriage... things are just trying to get back to their normal routine. I was beginning to wonder if I was going to ovulate or have an annovulatory cycle this time since it was taking so long for mine.

Advertisement

__________________
* CARLY * proud Navy wife to Lee (3.19.05) & Mommy to 2 Amazing Boys
Logan (12.20.06)
and my RAINBOW Landon (06.28.13)
Baby #3 coming July 2015
carlycurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:36 PM   #122
simplyleah87's Avatar
simplyleah87
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Fort Bragg, NC
Posts: 675
My Mood:
Re: Two week wait - Oct

I think I'm in the tww now, I'm not totally sure, but my temp went down and I've been have cramps.
My Ovulation Chart
__________________
& mommy to Emery Daniel, (6-22-11) & Willow Laila, (6-29-13)
www.vintagewithatwist.blogspot.com
simplyleah87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:19 PM   #123
carlycurry's Avatar
carlycurry
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 6,082
My Mood:
Re: Two week wait - Oct

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyleah87 View Post
I think I'm in the tww now, I'm not totally sure, but my temp went down and I've been have cramps.
My Ovulation Chart
Are you sure? Temp should shoot up higher after O....
__________________
* CARLY * proud Navy wife to Lee (3.19.05) & Mommy to 2 Amazing Boys
Logan (12.20.06)
and my RAINBOW Landon (06.28.13)
Baby #3 coming July 2015
carlycurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:47 PM   #124
Colorwithwords's Avatar
Colorwithwords
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 413
My Mood:
Hmm. Interesting. I had a miscarriage 8/27 and my first period 9/22. Guess my cycle could be wonky this month too. Maybe that's why I'm not spotting yet! Late o! Darn!
__________________
Nicole, mama to E
Colorwithwords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:50 PM   #125
simplyleah87's Avatar
simplyleah87
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Fort Bragg, NC
Posts: 675
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlycurry

Are you sure? Temp should shoot up higher after O....
Doesn't it dip down and then go up after o? So if I O today it would shoot up tomorrow? I guess I'll just have to wait and see! Maybe I o super late. I figured it would happen by cd17
__________________
& mommy to Emery Daniel, (6-22-11) & Willow Laila, (6-29-13)
www.vintagewithatwist.blogspot.com
simplyleah87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:00 PM   #126
carlycurry's Avatar
carlycurry
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 6,082
My Mood:
Re: Two week wait - Oct

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyleah87 View Post
Doesn't it dip down and then go up after o? So if I O today it would shoot up tomorrow? I guess I'll just have to wait and see! Maybe I o super late. I figured it would happen by cd17
It does have a big temp dip down low on day of ovulation for SOME people... but not everyone gets that, unfortunately. Have you been using OPKs at all to see if you got your LH surge?

There is no way to predict ovulation based on the pre-O chart temps... but if you have been charting for several cycles you will usually get a pretty good idea of what CD you will O on. The only definitive thing charting will tell you is after the fact that you definitely did O.

ETA:
Look at my chart in my siggy... I was soooo sure I had O'd on CD16... but then a few days later my temp got really low again and threw me for a loop... so I used an OPK, and whatdyaknow I got a blaring positive... then it appears I did actually O on CD20.... if I had gone based on that first low temp I could have completely missed my fertile window!
__________________
* CARLY * proud Navy wife to Lee (3.19.05) & Mommy to 2 Amazing Boys
Logan (12.20.06)
and my RAINBOW Landon (06.28.13)
Baby #3 coming July 2015

Last edited by carlycurry; 10-14-2012 at 06:02 PM.
carlycurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:12 PM   #127
simplyleah87's Avatar
simplyleah87
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Fort Bragg, NC
Posts: 675
My Mood:
Re: Two week wait - Oct

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlycurry View Post
It does have a big temp dip down low on day of ovulation for SOME people... but not everyone gets that, unfortunately. Have you been using OPKs at all to see if you got your LH surge?

There is no way to predict ovulation based on the pre-O chart temps... but if you have been charting for several cycles you will usually get a pretty good idea of what CD you will O on. The only definitive thing charting will tell you is after the fact that you definitely did O.

ETA:
Look at my chart in my siggy... I was soooo sure I had O'd on CD16... but then a few days later my temp got really low again and threw me for a loop... so I used an OPK, and whatdyaknow I got a blaring positive... then it appears I did actually O on CD20.... if I had gone based on that first low temp I could have completely missed my fertile window!
aaahhh ok! thanks for all the help! This charting is seriously confusing me. I didn't use an OPK, I'll have to get some!
__________________
& mommy to Emery Daniel, (6-22-11) & Willow Laila, (6-29-13)
www.vintagewithatwist.blogspot.com
simplyleah87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:22 PM   #128
carlycurry's Avatar
carlycurry
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 6,082
My Mood:
Re: Two week wait - Oct

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyleah87 View Post
aaahhh ok! thanks for all the help! This charting is seriously confusing me. I didn't use an OPK, I'll have to get some!
You're welcome! It really is confusing at first... I've been doing a lot of reading online and reading Taking Charge of Your Fertility book and it really has helped me. Once you start really getting into temping it becomes much easier to see trends.

I hope you didn't think I was trying to come off as all-knowing... I am in no way an expert... just got into temping recently myself. I just didn't want you to potentially miss your fertile window, ya know?
__________________
* CARLY * proud Navy wife to Lee (3.19.05) & Mommy to 2 Amazing Boys
Logan (12.20.06)
and my RAINBOW Landon (06.28.13)
Baby #3 coming July 2015
carlycurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:30 PM   #129
simplyleah87's Avatar
simplyleah87
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Fort Bragg, NC
Posts: 675
My Mood:
Re: Two week wait - Oct

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlycurry View Post
You're welcome! It really is confusing at first... I've been doing a lot of reading online and reading Taking Charge of Your Fertility book and it really has helped me. Once you start really getting into temping it becomes much easier to see trends.

I hope you didn't think I was trying to come off as all-knowing... I am in no way an expert... just got into temping recently myself. I just didn't want you to potentially miss your fertile window, ya know?
no I didn't think that at all!
__________________
& mommy to Emery Daniel, (6-22-11) & Willow Laila, (6-29-13)
www.vintagewithatwist.blogspot.com
simplyleah87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:39 PM   #130
MyGlorylife's Avatar
MyGlorylife
Registered Users
Formerly: WrapHappy
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Port Angeles WA
Posts: 5,064
My Mood:
Re: Two week wait - Oct

tmw is dpo 7 so will begin the peeing marathon this week. I am ever so hopeful because I have so many symps. Oh how I hope its our month!
MyGlorylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.