Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-30-2012, 07:41 PM   #1
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

freetimes VS thirstie duo intial impressions

I've been using my thirsties DUo AIO diapers as my primary diapering system since about May. I just recently added 6 freetimes to the mix though so thought I'd do my intial review.

fit- I like both I find the thirsties trimmer through the crotch between the legs but the free time timmer in the bum I prefer the countured inner of the thirsties a hair more
I also find the thirsties easier to get a good fit with the double flap soaker somtimes get kinda stuck under her and I have trouble adjusting the front.. I think some trial and error will fix this issue in the future though.. Still I think DH might be reaching for the thirsties first beacuse of this..

assorbancy- Free time wins so far, with my thirsties we have between a 2-3 hour limit which is normally plenty of time but some had on occasion say fallen asleep or such and when she wakes she'll often be a little damp around the legs..
She wore a free time today for near 4 hours (I was gone DH was lazy) inside was pretty wet but outside bone dry.. SO not complaints about the function of my thirsties but at least so far the freetimes are more assorbany

skin reactions- This is the one area I'm a little cautious of.. I switched to other materials from a once all suade cloth pocket diaper stash cause my then infant was reacting poorly to suade cloth.. Honestly I TOtALLY forgot BG did suadecloth inners untill they arrived... SO far though she seems okay, SHe is a little red after a messy diaper but thats kinda normal I noticed a little redness when I took her out of the 4 hour diaper but then again come on honey realy 4 hours? not bumpy raised swolen icky rashes yet so I have high hopes..

washing- they are ALL in the wash right now.. With Targets biodegradable up & up free N clear "pristine clean" brand detergent. we shall see

action
Freetime

side by sides

Deanna

Advertisement

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:56 AM   #2
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: freetimes VS thirstie duo intial impressions

Tee he I figured out how to get a good fit on my DD with the free time. Bascially as I'm putting the diapers away and lining them with our flushables I kinda gently stretch the middle so the two inserts kinda pull apart a bit then add the liner and put away.. Now when I need to put it on the baby the rise is pretty much set so I don't have to tug and pull so much when on her.. Not sure if that made any sense.

Deanna

Old 10-01-2012, 02:20 PM   #3
cajsmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZmommy View Post
Tee he I figured out how to get a good fit on my DD with the free time. Bascially as I'm putting the diapers away and lining them with our flushables I kinda gently stretch the middle so the two inserts kinda pull apart a bit then add the liner and put away.. Now when I need to put it on the baby the rise is pretty much set so I don't have to tug and pull so much when on her.. Not sure if that made any sense.

Deanna
Yes, that makes perfect sense! That's what I do with them too. Glad you are liking them so far!
Old 10-01-2012, 02:34 PM   #4
SheenaBee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
How do you like the two lines of snaps on the Freetime vs the one line on the Thirsties? Also, do you use any other inserts in the Freetimes? I have a few and I'm wondering what will fit in those flaps...

Thanks for sharing your experiences!
Old 10-01-2012, 02:41 PM   #5
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

I as a whole prefer the one row snap system especially when my babies are younger as we tend to get wing droop with the double snaps.. However we are doing fine with the double layer BG so far.I do the thigh a little looser than I do the waist and its working fine.
I'm using the free time as is, I have a medium heavy wetter she tends to stay dry for around 3 hours then flood her diapers but so far the FT alone has been plenty its more assorbent than my thirsties which also hold up (pretty much see OP)..

Deanna