Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-01-2012, 09:42 AM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
ELA / Curriculum questions

I've been looking at all the links you ladies gave me and it's starting to make more sense

I'm still confused about ELA. It seems some packages offer books on Critical Thinking, others offer books on Creative Writing and still others don't. How do you figure out when to do those? Do I get both books and go back and forth to keep it interesting? Am I going to find it incorporated into other subjects?

I'm having trouble, I guess with the scheduling and knowing when to do that, how many times a week we need to do science or social studies. I realize that I'll find a rhythm and get to the point where we're having so much fun with a subject that we'll be done ahead of time. For right now, I'm just concerned about starting off with good habits and making sure that we don't end up having to play catch up.

Also, has anyone used Core Curriculum of America? I was interested in them but when I Googled to look for reviews, I found a website trashing them and saying their stuff is out of date, etc. That company Homeschool Stockroom has what I think would be a good way for us to start, I like that they tell you exactly what books you get. It does look like Core might be more well rounded but I can't find reviews.

ISO: Guess How Much I Love You clothing, bedding, diapers. IHA: GMD yellow prefolds, Thirsties Duo Diapers size 1, girly wool and Paypal

Last edited by MamaJosie; 10-01-2012 at 09:44 AM.
MamaJosie is offline   Reply With Quote