Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-06-2012, 11:20 AM   #91
scwendy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Dave Ramsey Support Thread Oct 1 - Oct 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post
What a mentally taxing night. They discovered a new lesion in dh's brain (for those who are new he was diagnosed with MS last year and didn't respond to the drugs). It completely explains his sudden weakness, inablility to walk at times, and everything else crazy that has been happening. All of his other lesions are inactive, this one is coming on hard and fast right in the middle of his brain (most are on his spine). They put a port in tonight at the Chemo lab and he has to go back in for another infusion of the steroids to try and get this under control. Just once I wish we could have a nice normal friday night. But I had a fun "date" with my son to the cafeteria while dad got his meds since he was way to sick to drive himself. It was a two hour wait so we went shopping to get some juice, gatorade, bananas you know food for people who feel like crap and can't keep much down. But of course we picked up extras. Then ds has been insisting that he doesn't want his hair cut unless we get a cape and no itch powder like grandma used on him last time. So we stopped by Sally's and got that. All told I spent about $35 that wasn't planned. I know we'll be fine but to many more of these "because we're in town and I"m stressed out" shopping trips and we won't be. I need to get a plan in place.
It is a tough road no two ways about it. Here is hoping for normal Friday nights on your family's horizon.

Advertisement

scwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:49 AM   #92
bluecandi
Resident Dave Ramsey Guru
seller

My Mood:
Im sorry Slimy. I hope he starts responding and that progression is delayed. Huge hugs!!!
Old 10-06-2012, 11:54 AM   #93
bluecandi
Resident Dave Ramsey Guru
seller

My Mood:
AFM, I pretty much went off the rails the last half of September. I had been working a lot and was down to only two cc. One with 500 and one that still has 9k. I just kinda lost momentum and went shopping for my birthday. I didnt charge anything but I did dip 200 from the bef and bought myself a new pistol for my birthday. I put back 100 of it to the bef so Im trying to build that back up now and just get back on track again. :/
Old 10-07-2012, 04:48 AM   #94
redsonja
Registered Users
seller

I don't know what the hell is wrong with me but I can keep a balanced checkbook to save my life. Very frustrating!
Old 10-07-2012, 08:53 AM   #95
Ducko
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Jumping in. Slimy I'm sorry you dh has had another attack. Sounds like he is one that plateaus with the MS. Downhill then doesn't recover the abilities (BIL was that way) Are you in an MS support group? I know there are great ones in your area. It can really help a lot even though MS affects each person a little differently. There are others that are going through a lot of the same things and can be a great resource and shoulder. I know personally just how taxing it can be on both patient and family. My prayers are with you and your family.

Wife to Eric. SAHM to Gray (6/08) and Seth (4/10)
Ducko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:19 AM   #96
MotherMoonPads
Formerly: KeepYourBabyClose
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather1583 View Post
Totally off topic but Just wanted to tell you your pads are quite cute! Too bad your marketing to us DR people! just kidding. If I ever stop nursing enough to get a period back I will be shopping in your etsy store.
I'm just trying to keep myself on track and this is a great place to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post
What a mentally taxing night. They discovered a new lesion in dh's brain (for those who are new he was diagnosed with MS last year and didn't respond to the drugs). It completely explains his sudden weakness, inablility to walk at times, and everything else crazy that has been happening. All of his other lesions are inactive, this one is coming on hard and fast right in the middle of his brain (most are on his spine). They put a port in tonight at the Chemo lab and he has to go back in for another infusion of the steroids to try and get this under control. Just once I wish we could have a nice normal friday night. But I had a fun "date" with my son to the cafeteria while dad got his meds since he was way to sick to drive himself. It was a two hour wait so we went shopping to get some juice, gatorade, bananas you know food for people who feel like crap and can't keep much down. But of course we picked up extras. Then ds has been insisting that he doesn't want his hair cut unless we get a cape and no itch powder like grandma used on him last time. So we stopped by Sally's and got that. All told I spent about $35 that wasn't planned. I know we'll be fine but to many more of these "because we're in town and I"m stressed out" shopping trips and we won't be. I need to get a plan in place.
Oh no I will be praying for your family.
MotherMoonPads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:38 AM   #97
princessizziesmommy
Registered Users

I used to post on here earlier in the year or last year (cant remember) but got off track last December when DH was out of work (unpaid) unexpectedly for 6 weeks due to surgery. We were still in debt but seemed to be doing ok this summer while I had a PT job. Last month our son was very sick (back & forth to doctor 7 times which is $20.00 a trip in gas, a week in the hospital where DH didnt get paid, 2 days maternity leave he took when I gave birth 3 weeks ago which were unpaid, trip to Duke childrens with our son which was 170 in gas plus hotel/food cost and another trip each month for at least 3 months) and we got behind on our budget and spent more than we have saved. We had budgeted for the 2 days that were unpaid for maternity leave (he took full week but got paid for 3) and had some towards gas but overall we are behind and now more in debt than this summer So I am ready to get intense and get this stuff paid OFF! Will try to stay updated.
princessizziesmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:53 AM   #98
MamaNotes
Registered Users

My Mood:
I really need to spend time in this thread and look at budgeting plans on daves site. I'm feeling overwhelmed. We need a solid budget in place, and we also really need to pay off our credit card which is maxed out.

The only way we can travel (family lives out of state) is to put it on the cc... But then something else comes up and before we know it we charged a ton of money. I want to get everything paid off and stop using our cards and not travel till we've saved enough money!

Hubby also is going to get his masters, and we have to get another loan out for that.

I just want to get ahead and stay ahead.
MamaNotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:32 AM   #99
Heather1583
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Doing good so far. I only spent $57 for this week for groceries, so we have $43 left for the week. All we should need possibly later is milk, woo hoo! I stayed under in spending last week with my "allowance" with $5 left in my wallet. Just realizing we didn't budget for Halloween costumes or candy to give out. Oops. so Ive got to figure that out today. I am hopeful to find something on consignment or Craigslist for my boys to wear.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:37 PM   #100
tmrobinson
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather1583 View Post
Doing good so far. I only spent $57 for this week for groceries, so we have $43 left for the week. All we should need possibly later is milk, woo hoo! I stayed under in spending last week with my "allowance" with $5 left in my wallet. Just realizing we didn't budget for Halloween costumes or candy to give out. Oops. so Ive got to figure that out today. I am hopeful to find something on consignment or Craigslist for my boys to wear.
I would check goodwill if you have one near you. The ones by me put all the costumes together this time of year and usually have a decent selection.

Free shipping at Oriental Trading and they have costumes in their sale section, some really cheap. Code is WCE3628

http://www.orientaltrading.com/hallo...wJk5vPTA=.fltr

Last edited by tmrobinson; 10-08-2012 at 08:40 PM.
tmrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote