Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2012, 07:06 AM   #11
GEM Cloth's Avatar
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: michellemomx3
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 11,740
My Mood:
Re: Want to use cloth pads but need help. Anyone?

Here's our mama cloth testimonial thread ... it's long but lots of good information.

Advertisement

__________________
Michelle, mom to DD (7/9/99), DD (11/12/01), and DS (4/17/07); wife to DH (8/31/96)
GEM (Green and Economical by Michelle) Cloth
~*~ REUSABLE CLOTH PAD SETS ~ BUDGET-FRIENDLY PRICES ~ WORLDWIDE SHIPPING ~*~
GEM Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:27 AM   #12
*TinyJoys*'s Avatar
*TinyJoys*
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 919
Re: Want to use cloth pads but need help. Anyone?

Thanks ladies for all the input!

I'll definitely check out that testimonial!

Is there anything else anyone thinks I should know?
*TinyJoys* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:03 PM   #13
GEM Cloth's Avatar
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: michellemomx3
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 11,740
My Mood:
Re: Want to use cloth pads but need help. Anyone?

That they're awesome!!! Much cleaner, healthier, and more comfortable than throwaways and many women, including me, experience lighter, shorter, and less painful flow because your body is not having to fight chemicals.
__________________
Michelle, mom to DD (7/9/99), DD (11/12/01), and DS (4/17/07); wife to DH (8/31/96)
GEM (Green and Economical by Michelle) Cloth
~*~ REUSABLE CLOTH PAD SETS ~ BUDGET-FRIENDLY PRICES ~ WORLDWIDE SHIPPING ~*~
GEM Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:54 PM   #14
Lifeisjoy's Avatar
Lifeisjoy
Registered Users
Formerly: Chatt-townmommy
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 1,758
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieMarieVDV
Thanks ladies for all the input!

I'll definitely check out that testimonial!

Is there anything else anyone thinks I should know?
Hi i have not tried cloth pads but have been using a lunette cup for about 4 months. Really like it! Research it and see if its something for you.
__________________
Hallie~Daughter of God Wife to Marques
Mama to Malachi(12/31/08) and Micah(8/13/11) and with #3!
Lifeisjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:20 PM   #15
EssentialGoodz's Avatar
EssentialGoodz
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,553
Re: Want to use cloth pads but need help. Anyone?

A couple favorite brands of pads I love are Treehugger minky pads and just fussy bamboo velour pads with wool backing. Both of these companies have great fitting panty liners too It seems like a huge jump to go from disposables to cloth.... Dont worry though, its a lot better and more comfortable.

You asked about cleaning: After using a pad its best to rinse it out in the sink right when you are done with it. While rinsing, ring out the pad and make sure you get everything off/out of it that you can. I then put the pad in a hanging medium wetbag. Don't shut the wetbag though- these wet things need air circulation! Another option for storing used pads is in the diaper pail if you use one for diapers anyway. I just wash all pads in the washer on hot. I use tide sport usually or ecos. I do 2 washes so they get very clean. In the dryer they must be on low or medium low heat. Even the wool backed pads can be washed and dried as normal cotton- they are just fine so dont worry. All pads can easily be air dried as well.

Hope this helps! I store clean pads in a plastic container with a lid on it under the sink. The container is roughly the size of a shoebox and holds pads sizes 5 and 1/2 inches in length to 12 inches in length.... I also have a ladycup as well that I store in there.
__________________
Hi, I'm Lauren. I love my husband and my girls.
Brienne (5) Kylin (4) Hannah (new lil sweetie).
EssentialGoodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:30 PM   #16
EssentialGoodz's Avatar
EssentialGoodz
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,553
Re: Want to use cloth pads but need help. Anyone?

Also... Just something to ponder. I tried about 3 or 4 different brands of cloth pads at the beginning and was able to pinpoint exactly the brands I wanted more of. For me, Treehugger and Just Fussy were the best that I tried. That being said.... You could buy one pad from a few places and see what materials you like best. If you do not want stains tgrn I would suggest minky topped pads by Treehugger- they are awesome and so soft too!
__________________
Hi, I'm Lauren. I love my husband and my girls.
Brienne (5) Kylin (4) Hannah (new lil sweetie).
EssentialGoodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:05 AM   #17
*TinyJoys*'s Avatar
*TinyJoys*
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 919
Re: Want to use cloth pads but need help. Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeisjoy View Post
Hi i have not tried cloth pads but have been using a lunette cup for about 4 months. Really like it! Research it and see if its something for you.
Hmm maybe I will look into that as well. I have heard others mention it before, it would be something to consider. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssentialGoodz View Post
A couple favorite brands of pads I love are Treehugger minky pads and just fussy bamboo velour pads with wool backing. Both of these companies have great fitting panty liners too It seems like a huge jump to go from disposables to cloth.... Dont worry though, its a lot better and more comfortable.

You asked about cleaning: After using a pad its best to rinse it out in the sink right when you are done with it. While rinsing, ring out the pad and make sure you get everything off/out of it that you can. I then put the pad in a hanging medium wetbag. Don't shut the wetbag though- these wet things need air circulation! Another option for storing used pads is in the diaper pail if you use one for diapers anyway. I just wash all pads in the washer on hot. I use tide sport usually or ecos. I do 2 washes so they get very clean. In the dryer they must be on low or medium low heat. Even the wool backed pads can be washed and dried as normal cotton- they are just fine so dont worry. All pads can easily be air dried as well.

Hope this helps! I store clean pads in a plastic container with a lid on it under the sink. The container is roughly the size of a shoebox and holds pads sizes 5 and 1/2 inches in length to 12 inches in length.... I also have a ladycup as well that I store in there.
Yes that helps a lot! I could use all the info. I can get. I'll definitely look into some of these brands, I may do what you said and test a few brands out first to see which I like best, before I make a final decision. Thanks!!
*TinyJoys* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:42 AM   #18
crystalanne79's Avatar
crystalanne79
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Posts: 9,062
My Mood:
Re: Want to use cloth pads but need help. Anyone?

there are also many different fabrics to consider
I personally will only use minky or bamboo velour because they are so incredibly soft and make me feel pampered. I also love that minky is stain resistant.
__________________
Crystal~WAHM to Emma & Liam and wife to Scott.
Stocking Minky and Bamboo Cloth Pads at Tree Hugger Cloth Pads!
Choose from 200+ colors!

crystalanne79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:05 PM   #19
TypeAMom's Avatar
TypeAMom
Registered Users
Formerly: Di**ae
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New England
Posts: 1,388
My Mood:
Re: Want to use cloth pads but need help. Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalanne79 View Post
there are also many different fabrics to consider
I personally will only use minky or bamboo velour because they are so incredibly soft and make me feel pampered. I also love that minky is stain resistant.
I agree about the velour and feeling pampered which is great when you're feeling less than great. I have obv topped ones from Homestead Emporium. They're expensive (got them back when I had more money), but well made. I also had a friend make me some cotton velour liners. Both are backed w/ the same Malden Mills fleece. I have one minky one and it's stained. I don't rinse mine at all and just put the dirty ones in a small swing top trash can (doesn't close all the way, so there's some air flow). Since I hate stains, I custom ordered mine in marbled, dark maroonish-brown obv. This way, you honestly don't see stains at all. I wash mine w/ country save detergent but might switch to a cheaper option eventually. Since they were expensive and I love them, I hang them to dry most of the time but will dry them on low if I have people coming over and don't want them to see that I use cloth pads. I hang them on these and they work great. When I'm out and about, I have double-sided wet bags that I use. Got one from Happy Tushies and another from a DS wahm. This is all an investment, but I still use all of this regularly (including when I work out of the home and stay at a relative's house for a week) and have for the past 4 years or so. Good luck and enjoy. I only regret not trying them sooner. One more thing, I highly recommend wrap around wings that close w/ plastic snaps. I promise this is the last thing, pay attention to the length of the pads you're ordering. I luckily got mine through a custom order because the regulars were huge compared to what I need and am comfortable with.
__________________
Wife to my
Mom to my
Stepmom to my
Slave to my

Last edited by TypeAMom; 10-10-2012 at 08:09 PM.
TypeAMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:18 PM   #20
*TinyJoys*'s Avatar
*TinyJoys*
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 919
Re: Want to use cloth pads but need help. Anyone?

Ordering some dark colored pads and pads with snap-on wings is a very good suggestion. I hate stains too, one of the reasons I always wear black panties at that time of the month. I will definitely look into the minky and bamboo velour, its been mentioned a lot, so it must be a pretty good kind of fabric. I'm getting excited, these cloth pads just sound sooo much more comfortable than disposables. I'm so tired of having to adjust myself, and feel like I'm wearing a diaper
__________________
Happily married to my first love . SAHM to 2 sweet boys. Missing my 8 week angel.
*TinyJoys* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.