Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-15-2012, 06:55 PM   #51
Mama2ManyBoyz
Registered Users
seller

Re: OCTOBER 2012 CHAT THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by peightonmom View Post
Can I join here? I am Teri mom to three littles and hoping to become foster mama to more.
We finished our classes at the and of March, started our homestudy in July..finished that up mid september and now we are just waiting on our CW to type up our assesment and submit it. Hopefully she will be done this week. She originally told us by the ned of september....
That's a long time! They must not need foster parents in your area that badly??? I'm pretty sure we were licensed within a week of finishing our classes. Waiting on the official hard copy of the license was another story. Maybe a total of 3 to 4 months to get licensed.

Advertisement

Old 10-16-2012, 05:58 AM   #52
peightonmom
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama2ManyBoyz View Post
That's a long time! They must not need foster parents in your area that badly??? I'm pretty sure we were licensed within a week of finishing our classes. Waiting on the official hard copy of the license was another story. Maybe a total of 3 to 4 months to get licensed.
Weel thats the thing...all along they have told us that there is a huge need in our area?
peightonmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:01 AM   #53
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

Maybe they are just really short staffed.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:47 AM   #54
peightonmom
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmommy13 View Post
Maybe they are just really short staffed.

I"m assuming thats the problem...as there were 5 other families in our classes and 2 families are still waiting to start the homestudy process.
peightonmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:38 AM   #55
FindingMercy
Registered Users
Formerly: Evie'sMama
seller

My Mood:

All his test results came back negative!!!!

He's just a peanut with fat in his poo. She thinks it's probably just from all the illness he's endured. She wants to give him a couple more months to recover, and then she will rerun the test for the fat and check his growth to make sure both have returned to normal.

I blog about our family, trans-racial adoption, gluten-free cooking, and crafting

FindingMercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:57 AM   #56
Mama2ManyBoyz
Registered Users
seller

Fat in his stool is an indicator of food allergy/intolerance, which would explain alot of what you have dealt with. It causes poor sleep habits, skin issues, upset tummy.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:55 AM   #57
~*~Sunflower~*~
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingMercy View Post
All his test results came back negative!!!!

He's just a peanut with fat in his poo. She thinks it's probably just from all the illness he's endured. She wants to give him a couple more months to recover, and then she will rerun the test for the fat and check his growth to make sure both have returned to normal.
That is so awesome!!!
~*~Sunflower~*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:06 PM   #58
FindingMercy
Registered Users
Formerly: Evie'sMama
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama2ManyBoyz View Post
Fat in his stool is an indicator of food allergy/intolerance, which would explain alot of what you have dealt with. It causes poor sleep habits, skin issues, upset tummy.
We've ruled out anything I'm eating. That was my thought too though, and what I would recommend to anyone in our shoes!

I think he primarily just needs a lot of gut healing. He was a c/s birth, didn't get any colostrum, and then was on 4 very strong antibiotics including IV and oral, so he has a lot stacked against his gut health. I'm hoping with another couple of months of nursing and probiotics and we can get him back into good working order.

I blog about our family, trans-racial adoption, gluten-free cooking, and crafting

FindingMercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:51 PM   #59
WynneBabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I really wonder how the antibiotics can screw up a baby's system at a young age. My oldest was placed on a low dose of daily antibiotics at birth to help prevent UTIs and kidney infections due to a structural problem he had. Despite being breastfed, he fought really bad colds with breathing issues as a young baby that I've never had to deal with with any of my other bios or even fosters for that matter.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:49 PM   #60
Beth.
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Last edited by Beth.; 12-03-2012 at 08:54 AM.
Beth. is offline   Reply With Quote