Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-24-2012, 07:57 PM   #171
Only
Registered Users
Formerly: hu**rees
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Peanut*
Finally... Here are some I've been working on:
Where'd the lovely pictures go to?

Advertisement

Austen 06/12
Only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:10 PM   #172
tinytushi
Registered Users
seller

Re: Fitted Sew-A-Long

I thought I was nuts. Everyone talking about how cute they are and I can't see anything, lol.
tinytushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:29 PM   #173
*Peanut*
Registered Users
seller
seller

Oh it must be a glitch in the matrix.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:39 PM   #174
Only
Registered Users
Formerly: hu**rees
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Peanut* View Post
Oh it must be a glitch in the matrix.
Or, or, orrrrr they were too lovely and craft chat ate the pictures.

Austen 06/12
Only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:30 PM   #175
Foolalex
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Peanut*
It's because it's just the shell and the doublers are out.
Doublers make the difference then?
Old 12-05-2012, 10:22 AM   #176
djackson123
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Is anyone still doing this? Thought I'd pop in. I cut out a dozen fitteds (size small) yesterday. The shell will have a knit outer, OBF hidden layer and OBV inner. The snap in soaker will be a quick dry 3 layers OBF and top layer of OBV. And 12 doublers that are 2 layers OBF and top layer OBV. Phew!!!! It was a TON of cutting. I've had the material prepped for a while so it was super nice getting through it. And I didn't have much waste at all. All that OBF was 4 yards!!!!!!!!!!!

I just spent a little over an hour serging all the doublers and soakers. Going to weave in the ends then sew the 2 layered soakers together. Then I'm going to hit the couch and take a break. lol

How's everyone else doing? Any updates/pics/action shots of fitteds you've made?

I'm using the pampered cheeks 'growing cheekies' fitted pattern this time. Front snapping.
http://hyenacart.com/stores/Pampered...ex.php?p=55358
Old 12-05-2012, 11:59 AM   #177
Foolalex
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by djackson123
Is anyone still doing this? Thought I'd pop in. I cut out a dozen fitteds (size small) yesterday. The shell will have a knit outer, OBF hidden layer and OBV inner. The snap in soaker will be a quick dry 3 layers OBF and top layer of OBV. And 12 doublers that are 2 layers OBF and top layer OBV. Phew!!!! It was a TON of cutting. I've had the material prepped for a while so it was super nice getting through it. And I didn't have much waste at all. All that OBF was 4 yards!!!!!!!!!!!

I just spent a little over an hour serging all the doublers and soakers. Going to weave in the ends then sew the 2 layered soakers together. Then I'm going to hit the couch and take a break. lol

How's everyone else doing? Any updates/pics/action shots of fitteds you've made?

I'm using the pampered cheeks 'growing cheekies' fitted pattern this time. Front snapping.
http://hyenacart.com/stores/Pampered...ex.php?p=55358
Yep, I'm still doing this, but I'm a little behind after Thanksgiving and going back to work. It's on my to do list to get some more done. Maybe today since I'm off until Sunday.

Out of curiosity, is organic bamboo fleece a stay dry fabric or an absorbent one? I thought it was meant to be a stay dry inner fabric but maybe I'm confused.

Nice job on getting all that cutting done!
Old 12-05-2012, 05:39 PM   #178
djackson123
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Man snaps are sloooow going but in the works. Once I eat those placed ill mark for elastic and start making the diapers. I have a feeling it won't be before the baby comes. But they're smalls so I can work on them in the next few weeks.

Bamboo fleece is an absorbent layer.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:40 PM   #179
Foolalex
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by djackson123
Man snaps are sloooow going but in the works. Once I eat those placed ill mark for elastic and start making the diapers. I have a feeling it won't be before the baby comes. But they're smalls so I can work on them in the next few weeks.

Bamboo fleece is an absorbent layer.
I think I'm thrown off by the "fleece" part, lol.

Snaps are also on my list but I need to figure out placement before I can start adding them...
Old 12-06-2012, 10:32 AM   #180
tinytushi
Registered Users
seller

I am thrown off by the fleece part as well. I thought all fleece was stay dry and everything else was absorbent? I am making dipes for my little one that won't be here til summer, but having all kind of problems. Does anyone have a suggestion for a fitted pattern that will fit a 6lb. baby? I have made the free Baa Baa Baby and it is HUGE in the legs. Also tried the La Di Da free and not sure on that one. I have done the Flat wrap quick wrap(?) and added elastic. It looks smaller in the legs so it might work. Next to try is one with an umbilical scoop (Shar's maybe?) I hope to get a camera around Christmas so I can post pics! I am a little slow only getting about one done a day. Also, don't have good fabrics. I am currently dealing with all flannel, microfleece and microfiber. Oh and a little birdseye. Any suggestions for material on a newborn dipe?
tinytushi is offline   Reply With Quote