Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-01-2012, 08:48 PM   #11
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: On my way to the ER...

Glad you're home. Been worried about you. I sure hope it all turns out well for you .

Advertisement

slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:54 PM   #12
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

a 2 day difference is nothing, especially when there's no baby to measure! I bet at your next u/s everything is just perfect. I always measured about a week off and have healthy kiddos

Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:54 PM   #13
holly6737
Registered Users
seller
seller

DDC- 2 days? That's nothing! Look, ED docs dont' know much about pregnancy and they don't know much about reading early ultrasounds. They know enough to say "This is intrauterine", but they are pretty clueless when it comes to anything else.

Let me tell you a story. With this pregnancy, I had a beta come back with less than doubling. I forget how far along I was- maybe 6-7 weeks? I started having pain in my RLQ. I went to the ED. They did an ultrasound. Told me that they didn't see anything other than a gestational sac and it was smaller than it should have been by more than a week. No fetal pole. No yolk sac. No cardiac movement. Nothing. They took ANOTHER beta in the ED which came back LOWER than my second beta at the doctors office. They told me that the two combined with 1) nothing really seen in the gestational sac and it measuring so much less than it was supposed to and 2) my betas not only not doubling, but then the small decrease, that I would very likely miscarry. I was just waiting to bleed at that point.

So, I never bled. Walked around for two weeks thinking whatever was in my uterus was done. Went in for blood work and ultrasound at my doctors office at 8 weeks gestation. Lo and behold, for the ultrasound- There was a baby! Not only that, but that baby was measuring right on target for my LMP! It looked great. I was absolutely amazed. That baby is now kicking me super hard as I type this. I asked, what was the deal with the ED ultrasound? They had no idea. What was the deal with my betas? They didn't know.

Anyway, all of that to say that I wouldn't trust the ED doc in the first place. Trust your OB. Anything could happen. Besides, 2 days is nothing! Nowhere near freak out yet.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:37 AM   #14
MomandE
Registered Users
seller

2 days is no biggie. She may have measured off, it all depends on how they put the markers and the machine measures. And a tiny bit can mean a couple of days. Plus not all baby's grow exactly the same.

I'm glad things are looking good mama. I'm sorry they were so mean to you
MomandE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:06 AM   #15
threelittlehoneys
formerly R***and**********
seller
seller

Glad to hear you are home! Sorry you had to deal with her being so rude to you
threelittlehoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:54 AM   #16
kissum
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I'm glad everything looks okay! I wouldn't worry at all about 2 days- the people in the ER usually don't have the most experience using those machines, and they also don't usually have the highest quality ones. The measurements are so tiny at this point that it's easy to show it slightly off. And my last 2 pregnancies I had 20 million ultrasounds, and I never saw anything in the sack until after 5 weeks either. I think that's normal! In other news, awesome beta!!!
kissum is offline   Reply With Quote