Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-06-2012, 08:08 PM   #1
HotPotato1010
Registered Users

My Mood:
Can someone please explain to me?...

I'm new to CDing, and I'm wondering...

Why do people use microfiber inserts? I'm seriously asking because I bought so many not realizing how much I would love bamboo!

Bamboo is thin and so absorbant.

Was it a mistake buying all the microfiber?

I'm not just commenting. I'd really like to hear why I should keep the microfiber. I mean, I guess it's kinda absorbant...

Advertisement

HotPotato1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:11 PM   #2
Arizonah13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Can someone please explain to me?...

I actually don't mind the mf. Sometimes I'll layer MF first, then either a bamboo or hemp doubler. And I never have stink issues with the MF, but I do use bleach and a good amount of laundry detergent in the wash.

Having said that, I used a bunch of my MF inserts on the bottom of my libman mop and they're good to dampen and wipe dust off furniture.
Carolyn - Lucky wife to my sweetheart and even luckier mama to my sweet, long-awaited baby girls! (May 2011, my 9.15 lb c/s baby and November 2012, my little 7.10 lb vbac peanut). I'll never forget my three angels.
Arizonah13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:26 PM   #3
chickapin
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizonah13 View Post
I actually don't mind the mf. Sometimes I'll layer MF first, then either a bamboo or hemp doubler. And I never have stink issues with the MF, but I do use bleach and a good amount of laundry detergent in the wash.

Having said that, I used a bunch of my MF inserts on the bottom of my libman mop and they're good to dampen and wipe dust off furniture.
LOL I did the mop thing too!

I stopped using MF for a long time but I went back to it - mainly because it's cheap and comes with so many diapers, so I had a lot of inserts I wasn't using. MF absorbs liquid faster than other materials, so I usually use MF on top of bamboo or hemp inside my pockets. Hemp absorbs the most (bamboo absorbs a little less than hemp, but does it faster), and MF absorbs fastest. We cut down on so many leaks when we started doing it this way.
chickapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:40 PM   #4
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

honestly I like MF better it assorbs faster and is still very trim I find I always have to double or even triple with bamboo I don't with microfiber. Ive never had issues getting eaither clean though.

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:45 PM   #5
HotPotato1010
Registered Users

My Mood:

Ohhh, ok. I didn't know that it absorbed faster than bamboo.

Ok, I've been layering microfiber on top of bamboo, and it's working. I was just thinking, "Why even use the microfiber? Why not just put 2 bamboo in there?" Sometimes it can get a little bulky, though. And when I use it with the 5-month-old, I think it's so bulky that pee kind of leaks out the side of the diaper. KWIM?

So, I guess I'll just keep what I have. ?
HotPotato1010 is offline   Reply With Quote